[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alexander Trade

lynch19

I am in a dynasty league and an owner and I have talked about a trade. This is what we came to last night, what he wants and I am thinking it isn't a bad deal for me.

Is this a good trade for me? DO I do this as it is now?

Alexander

LaMont Jordan

Donte Stallworth

Jerry Porter

Zach Hilton

McNair

for

Portis

SJax

Roy Williams

Matt Jones

Shockey

Carson Palmer

Our scoring is 8pnt rush/Rec TD 1 pnt 10 yds 6 pnt pass TD 1 point 25 yard and then there are bonuses at

150 yds rush/rec and 200 yds and at 300 yds pass and 400 yds passing

My team is in the signature.

Here is the highlights from the rest of his team and the link to the league

I an He Hate Me and he is Sideline Benchers http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?...5&seasonId=2006

Him

QB: Brees

RB: Kevin Jones & FWP

WR: Galloway and Glenn

TE: WItten and Miller

We have 25 man rosters so we have lots of depth.

We start

2QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB, 1 WR/TE, 2DEF, and 2 K

I would take the SJax side of this trade for sure

As would I.

With the QBs you have, you don't realy need Palmer... can you try talking him into a WR upgrade (hoping he has better than Galloway to offer) instead of dealing Palmer. Or maybe get some decent picks out of the deal.

As would I.

With the QBs you have, you don't realy need Palmer... can you try talking him into a WR upgrade (hoping he has better than Galloway to offer) instead of dealing Palmer. Or maybe get some decent picks out of the deal.

I put up his best players. I was taking Palmer thinking that at some point in the year someone would need a QB and I could ship out Bulger(my preference) and get some value when someone is in serious need. This trade also makes my team younger which is good for the future. At this point I am planning on keeping all 25 of my people.

No effin way do I make this trade. You have Alexander, LJ, and Jordan as your starters. So basically you are substituting Portis (with a new offense), for Alexander. This is a loser deal for you.

Then you trade Jordon for Jackson (with a new offense). A coin flip to be sure. And let's get real here people: Jackson hasn't done squat to make an impact on the FF world.

You don't need receivers or a QB, so the rest of the players are throw in's. IMO.

This is a bad trade for you.

Edited by Chief Dick

No effin way do I make this trade. You have Alexander, LJ, and Jordan as your starters. So basically you are substituting Portis (with a new offense), for Alexander. This is a loser deal for you.

Then you trade Jordon for Jackson (with a new offense). A coin flip to be sure. And let's get real here people: Jackson hasn't done squat to make an impact on the FF world.

You don't need receivers or a QB, so the rest of the players are throw in's. IMO.

I have been looking at Jordan as my #4 RB behind Alexander, LJ and Rudi. Doesn't the depth that I add make my team more solid and the fact that everyone I add is fairly young?

Edited by lynch19

Thinking about what Chief Dick said, and he may be right. With your lineup requirements, you really should be focused on improving your WRs.

Now, if you could set up a deal that turned some of this newfound, but unneccessary depth (you still can only start 3 RBs, so with LJ, Portis, Rudi and SJax you have great bye coverage but tough decisions every week), have the same situation at QB with 3 top 10 guys, you do improve TE but are still missing a top WR behind Smith, and you likely will be starting 4 WRs every week. Yes, Chambers is nice, but you are banking on two of DJax, Walker, Willaims, Jones or Curtis to step up to be every week starters.

So, while the added depth is nice, without addressing your WR needs I'm not sure you improve your starting lineup with Palmer over Bulger and Shockey over LJ SMith enough to warrant dealing Alexander.

I totally agree! Stick with what you got!