[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why's Droughns so high in 06?

Asskickas

Droughns has scored under 10 combined TDs in the past 2 seasons with not much comp last year. So what's the big difference in 06.

Edited by Asskickas

1200 yds rushing each year, 100 total yds per game, no competition for carries, durable, improving team under Lovie...

To tell you the truth, I haven't researched his average draft position, but I'd have ZERO problem with him as my #2 RB.

Yes, I think Rubin would make a Damm good #2! I got a guy in my league (Keeper League) that can keep Rubin and he would count as a 12th RD draft, but he told me Rubin it's good. I think he's nuts or smoking something.

If I had a chance to take rubin in the 12th RD I'd be all over that!

Rubin is a solid #2 Fantasy Football Back period.

1200 yds rushing each year, 100 total yds per game, no competition for carries, durable, improving team under Lovie...

To tell you the truth, I haven't researched his average draft position, but I'd have ZERO problem with him as my #2 RB.

But he has 9 career tds. That's gotta count for something since his career started in 2001.

He seems to be going around 30 picks in, or sooner. Brutal schedule, but you've correctly identified most of his positive factors.

But he has 9 career tds. That's gotta count for something since his career started in 2001.

So don't draft him. :D

He didn't get a shot until '04 in Den and had 6 on the ground, 8 total. Last year on a crap team, his td totals obviously and understandably dropped. I'm not looking for him to turn into John Riggins, but I wouldn't put a rebound back up to the 6-8 total td range out of the question.

I was happy with him as my #2 last year and would GLADLY take him again.

Yes, I think Rubin would make a Damm good #2! I got a guy in my league (Keeper League) that can keep Rubin and he would count as a 12th RD draft, but he told me Rubin it's good. I think he's nuts or smoking something.

If I had a chance to take rubin in the 12th RD I'd be all over that!

Rubin is a solid #2 Fantasy Football Back period.

Anyone would take him in the 12th but he's been going pre 6th round and based on his history...I just don't get what changed. Did they get a receiver or qb to open up the pass and keep defenses honest? I really don't know. A lot of moves have been made in the offseason.

There are definitely some questions when it comes to Droughns' goalline abilities, but a good deal of the problem last year was lack of opportunity. This year he'll be running behind and improved line, Frye will be in his second season, Winslow and Edwards will be back from injuries, and Jureviceus can keep the chains moving. I think the 2 TDs were a fluke and he'll be close to double digits this year.

Plus, as others have mentioned here and in other threads, how many RBs out there are in line for 300+ carries this season? That alone should place him in the Top 20.

So don't draft him. :D

I started this thread because i am trying to get insight on why I should draft Droughns or Jamal. I recognize Lewis' upside and I'm just trying to get a handle on Droughns' upside. Thanks 4 the feedback.

IMO if it's Lewis vs Droughns, I'm more worried about Lewis downside. Droughns is what he is - 1200 on the ground, 1600 total, 6-8 tds. Lewis, who knows? Probably fewer total yds and comparable tds, best case; 800 yds and 2-4 tds or worse if things don't work out.

Cleveland spent over $50 million to upgrade their O-Line, when they signed Bentley and Shaffer. I think the 2 TDs were also a fluke, but I only see about 6-8 total this season and 1500 total yards. That's still a solid RB2 in anyone's book. Another piece of Fantasy Trivia that I wasn't even aware of is that Droughns had a league high 78% of his team's running plays. He will get all the carries including goal line plunges so that alone qualifies him as a viable and valuable RB2 esp. with so many teams splitting carries and using the "Fantasy Killer" RBBC approach. Now if he can break into double digit scores you can put him up there around Top 12. I would still be a little skeptical, he might face a suspension for domestic violence. I personally don't like Cleveland's offense and the fact that they also have the league's toughest schedule against the run. Most "Experts" rank him in the Top 20 so that I suppose makes him a good RB2.

Another piece of Fantasy Trivia that I wasn't even aware of is that Droughns had a league high 78% of his team's running plays. He will get all the carries including goal line plunges so that alone qualifies him as a viable and valuable RB2 esp. with so many teams splitting carries and using the "Fantasy Killer" RBBC approach.

In addition, Droughns also saw the 8th most pass targets of any RB last year. That fact should boost his value in PPR leagues a bit more.

Anyone would take him in the 12th but he's been going pre 6th round and based on his history...I just don't get what changed. Did they get a receiver or qb to open up the pass and keep defenses honest? I really don't know. A lot of moves have been made in the offseason.

Soory type-O he said Rubin Isn't Good and he was thinking of not keeping him as a 12 RD pick, like I said he is smoking!

Soory type-O he said Rubin Isn't Good and he was thinking of not keeping him as a 12 RD pick, like I said he is smoking!

"ENGLISH, MOFO, DO YOU SPEAK IT?"

The best center in football and an upgrade at the left tackle position...

That and an improving defense.

The best center in football and an upgrade at the left tackle position...

That and an improving defense.

Thanks man that's what I was trying to find out. In that case his stock should be higher than Jamal's. Thanks for feedback. I did not know he was targeted for passes more than any other back. With Jamal I think with no legal worries and a dedicated offseason training routine, he is a nice "sleeper" with a huge upside due to the addition of Mcnair who is way bettter than Kyle.

I too agree that Jamal is in the sleeper catagory this year, but people need to remember that he wasn't a great fantasy back even before the last two years. Jamal has only had double digit TD's once and that was his 2000 yard year. He's going to be lucky to get 20 rec too. I like Droughns quite a bit more than JLew.

I think Cleveland is going to be improved this year. They may even win 8 games. I really like what I've seen from Crenell. All this means more opportunity's for Droughns

Yep if he can stay out of jail/and/or quit beating his wife....IMO Droughns is a decent #2 but be careful thinking Rueben is going to continue his 78% of the carry scenario....Jerome Harrison was drafted and he is the real deal and will be there on 3rd downs at least.....he rushed for 1900 yards at Wash. St and is lighter, faster and slippier than Droughns. Just believe Browns will try to keep Droughns a little fresher this year with relief in case they are in the hunt come January...