[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should I do the trade?

AtomicCEO

:D

And Puddy, with all due respect, to compare Washington and KC, with that O-line that KC had, is ridiculous. If Portis was running behind that O-line at the time, I too would have Portis as a top 3 back.

Now where you have me is these two places: 1)Trent Green is appreciably better than Brunell and 2)KC's O'line was nothing short of spectacular.

Plus I'm not saying Portis is worthy of a top 3 pick. I am saying him and the 10th pick overall are however :D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing I keep thinking is that, even with SA or LT, is going:

SA, THolt, blah, blah, blah (I can post better info if Atmoic expands on what the rest of his picks look like)

better than:

Rudi Johnson/Edge/Portis, T Holt, C Johnson/PManning/BWestbrook, and then blah, blah, blah.

Also, having that extra top 10 pick makes every other pick he makes in the draft x number of spots better than it would have otherwise been (where X is the difference between the pick he is making and his next pick...which would have been his current pick without the trade :D). I think that's worth the drop from 2-3 overall.

Also, having that extra top 10 pick makes every other pick he makes in the draft x number of spots better than it would have otherwise been (where X is the difference between the pick he is making and his next pick...which would have been his current pick without the trade :D). I think that's worth the drop from 2-3 overall.

Interesting point.

I'll have to do some projections and whatnot. Thanks for all the help, fellas.

Bumping for MPulera who claims that I'm the "clod" that didn't answer his question. Also bumping because now Portis is definitely not going to be a top 3 back. :D

For the record, MPulera is someone I do not respond to, if you need to know why, here's a shining example: http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=160794

Carry on.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

• 2 weeks later...

Another bump. Where do all you guys have Portis now in your cheat sheets?

I was wondering what the heck this is doing on the front page. :D

Update:

The draft is tomorrow night, and I decided against the trade. The falloff from Alexander/Tomlinson to any back other than LJ or Tiki is too much. Even Lamont Jordan is a keeper, so he's unavailable.

Portis has an injured shoulder, and was really just an "I hope so" guy anyway. He hasn't proven himself to be a stud in WAS yet, it's just speculation. And I have ZERO faith in Edge this year after the disaster that Arizona's running game has been.

So. I'm going with the guaranteed stud for 3 years rather than try to step down and collect more top talent. I should still be in great position to win it all this year.

Thanks for all the advice, which I have totally ignored. :D

I was wondering what the heck this is doing on the front page. :D

Update:

The draft is tomorrow night, and I decided against the trade. The falloff from Alexander/Tomlinson to any back other than LJ or Tiki is too much. Even Lamont Jordan is a keeper, so he's unavailable.

Portis has an injured shoulder, and was really just an "I hope so" guy anyway. He hasn't proven himself to be a stud in WAS yet, it's just speculation. And I have ZERO faith in Edge this year after the disaster that Arizona's running game has been.

So. I'm going with the guaranteed stud for 3 years rather than try to step down and collect more top talent. I should still be in great position to win it all this year.

Thanks for all the advice, which I have totally ignored. :D

So basically, you're doing what I advised you to do about 6 posts into this stupid freakin' thread. :D