[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should I do the trade?

AtomicCEO

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

Credibility? What do you know about credibility? If you've spent any time here whatsoever, you know exactly the time and effort I put into answering advice questions throughout the course of the season. If you've read a bunch of Pulera's posts, you'd also know with what you're dealing with. I choose who I will waste my time answering questions for, and he's not one of them. And you honestly think I give a flying f*ck about what you think of my credibility? Please. Give me a break.

I been here for one year and find it useful. Most of the time I read and listen to both sides of the story and make my decsions based on arguements presented. I post when I have an opinion and the desire to speak. My beef with you today involves the making of a bold statement about Portis and refusing to back it up with facts. Short brief statements like the one you made about Sheriff Gonna Get Ya serve one of two purposes. 1. Fishing. 2. Padding your post count. I wouldn't have said one peep if you would have backed your statement. Credibility is earned. Just because you have 21,000 posts doesn't make you into Micheal Fabiano.

I been here for one year and find it useful. Most of the time I read and listen to both sides of the story and make my decsions based on arguements presented. I post when I have an opinion and the desire to speak. My beef with you today involves the making of a bold statement about Portis and refusing to back it up with facts. Short brief statements like the one you made about Sheriff Gonna Get Ya serve one of two purposes. 1. Fishing. 2. Padding your post count. I wouldn't have said one peep if you would have backed your statement. Credibility is earned. Just because you have 21,000 posts doesn't make you into Micheal Fabiano.

well, i tried to help him ...

Why does post count always have something to do with an argument? Who cares about post count. I didn't even look at your post count. I could care if you have 5 or 50'000 posts, albeit if you had 50'000 I'd probably know who you are. I made a short statement to a very antagonistic personality, who I chose to no longer argue with. Again, I could care less what you think about my credibility, I've earned more than my share of credibility around here, and it has nothing to do with my post count. It has to do with the fact that I spend hours in this forum giving DETAILED opinions to people who ask. Yet you chose to come in here and rip me like you own the joint, without having a clue. It's people like you that will chase people like me away from this forum once and for all.

Here's a little sample of what I do, and please take notice to 2 things: I don't give 1 word answers, unless the questions are stupid, and all I do is offer an opinion. Doesn't mean I'm right, but people ask, so I'll tell them what I think. http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...+fantasy+advice

Anywho, I'm done with you, I have better things to do. Your best bet is probably just to put me on your ignore list, that way you won't have to read any of my drivel.

Credibility is earned. Just because you have 21,000 posts doesn't make you into Micheal Fabiano.

Hugh has earned credibility with 4 years worth of dedicated service to theadvice forum. He goes above and beyond where most of the vets and better F minds refuse to go because newbie tools blast people that ask them to at least provide some information about their league rules that are needed to make points (note, not calling you a tool, explaining why so many of the better FF minds refuse to come here).

You have Hugh and Grits who are generally speaking two of the better FF minds here, but they also don't care for a lot of the shenanigans and/or worthless posts like rate my team, and will let those that do that know that they are adding nothing to the forum.

Anyway, I digress. Point is Hugh has earned credibility many times over. But, I would be interested in some of his reasonins behind the Portis claim, but, if he is yanking MPulera's chain, and I can't blame him for doing it, then just let us know.

he said he's been here a year, so i don't understand how he could not give hugh the benefit of the doubt on something vs. choose to attack. chuck, if you have been here a year, could you not put 2 and 2 together? really man, just say you are sorry and move on. don't push this.

he said he's been here a year, so i don't understand how he could not give hugh the benefit of the doubt on something vs. choose to attack. chuck, if you have been here a year, could you not put 2 and 2 together? really man, just say you are sorry and move on. don't push this.

I'll turn the page but I stand behind what I said.

I don't like Portis either. The obvious place to start not liking Portis would be the fact he plays the Eagles, Giants and Cowboys twice. They also play Jacksonville, Carolina and Tampa Bay. $hit if the defensive line is healthy throw in Atlanta.

There's something to the theory that 3 top 10 picks is always better than 2. If I did the trade, I take Edge, Chad Johnson and Westbrook probably. That doesn't seem significantly more keeper friendly to me than Alexander and Chad Johnson. Westbrook also makes me nervous.

I'd put not making the trade as the conservative approach and making the trade as the more risky of the options. If I thought I could end up with Rudi Johnson or Lamont Jordan instead of Westbrook I do the trade in a flash. Who else might be there for that second RB?

So, I PM'ed you and Big Country, because you guys wanted to know what I thought. Makes sense, no? Not saying it's gonna happen, but it's as good a prediction as any other imo.

Not gonna share with the rest of us eh? You know what they say at school, "if you don't bring enough for everyone to share don't bring it at all" :D

Not gonna share with the rest of us eh? You know what they say at school, "if you don't bring enough for everyone to share don't bring it at all" :D

Yeah, pretty lame, I know. But who cares about my "drivel" anyway, right? I'll give you a hint though: Take a look at one side of the Skins line. They have a guard on one side who started 2 games and is backed up by a guy who never played an NFL snap. Now take a look at Brunell, the aging QB. I disagree about Randel El and Lloyd being big upgrade, so how do you stop the Skins? I'll give you another hint: you stop the run, and only have to concentrate on one side of the field to do it. You also have a back who is not good goal line back to begin with, so you'll see TD totals more like you saw in '04 than '05 imo. Basic and perhaps over-simplifying things? Perhaps a bit, but it's just one dummies opinion. So, now, carry on, because it's the last response you'll get from me, which I know you could care less about. :D

Yeah, pretty lame, I know. But who cares about my "drivel" anyway, right? I'll give you a hint though: Take a look at one side of the Skins line. They have a guard on one side who started 2 games and is backed up by a guy who never played an NFL snap. Now take a look at Brunell, the aging QB. I disagree about Randel El and Lloyd being big upgrade, so how do you stop the Skins? I'll give you another hint: you stop the run, and only have to concentrate on one side of the field to do it. You also have a back who is not good goal line back to begin with, so you'll see TD totals more like you saw in '04 than '05 imo. Basic and perhaps over-simplifying things? Perhaps a bit, but it's just one dummies opinion. So, now, carry on, because it's the last response you'll get from me, which I know you could care less about. :D

Thank you for posting your reasons. That is all I ever wanted. I will now get off the merry-go-round. I hope your wrong, being a Portis owner. Thanks again for explaining yourself.

Take a look at one side of the Skins line. They have a guard on one side who started 2 games and is backed up by a guy who never played an NFL snap. Now take a look at Brunell, the aging QB. I disagree about Randel El and Lloyd being big upgrade, so how do you stop the Skins? I'll give you another hint: you stop the run, and only have to concentrate on one side of the field to do it. You also have a back who is not good goal line back to begin with, so you'll see TD totals more like you saw in '04 than '05 imo. Basic and perhaps over-simplifying things? Perhaps a bit, but it's just one dummies opinion. So, now, carry on, because it's the last response you'll get from me, which I know you could care less about. :D

I like your reasoning but remember that Al Saunders is the OC there now. He had chit for WR's at KC for years. Gonzalez has been the only weapon to keep defenses honest and last year he was very average. Even with that, LJ put up numbers that projected over an entire season would have shattered every record set in the history of the league.

Now where you have me is these two places: 1)Trent Green is appreciably better than Brunell and 2)KC's O'line was nothing short of spectacular. But I do think that Washington's WR's are better than KC's and Chris Cooley will do enough to keep the defenses honest. Not enough to turn Portis into Larry Johnson, but enough to where the dropoff is not ridiculous and receiving another top 10 pick in exchange for LT/SA is well worth the trade.

Who are your keepers, Atomic?

And how many WR do you start?

I cut everybody that's why I have so many early picks. Portis's 3 years were up. I had him last year. Nobody else was worth a top 10 pick, so I dropped em all. Should pay off.

If I did the trade, I take Edge, Chad Johnson and Westbrook probably. That doesn't seem significantly more keeper friendly to me than Alexander and Chad Johnson. Westbrook also makes me nervous.

I'd put not making the trade as the conservative approach and making the trade as the more risky of the options. If I thought I could end up with Rudi Johnson or Lamont Jordan instead of Westbrook I do the trade in a flash. Who else might be there for that second RB?

Edge scares me. Arizona's run game has been worse than awful, and Edge may not be used to that.

As for who might be there... I dunno. I've seen some bizarre picks in this league. There is about a 30% chance that I can get Tomlinson or Alexander with that 3rd pick because the #1 guy grabs Manning. :D He's wiley.

I like your reasoning but remember that Al Saunders is the OC there now. He had chit for WR's at KC for years. Gonzalez has been the only weapon to keep defenses honest and last year he was very average. Even with that, LJ put up numbers that projected over an entire season would have shattered every record set in the history of the league.

Now where you have me is these two places: 1)Trent Green is appreciably better than Brunell and 2)KC's O'line was nothing short of spectacular. But I do think that Washington's WR's are better than KC's and Chris Cooley will do enough to keep the defenses honest. Not enough to turn Portis into Larry Johnson, but enough to where the dropoff is not ridiculous and receiving another top 10 pick in exchange for LT/SA is well worth the trade.

:D <- click me.

curse you hugh for causing me to research this further.

even with all of this, i'm still a believer in portis. i agree with puddy that saunders is a big plus. moss, lloyd, cooley, and the versatility of randle el (and patten coming back) is a better collection of receivers than last year. yes, brunell is old, but he's a vet who will get the job done while on the field. the link above and the points you raise about the o-line are the scariest part of this. given portis' track record, however, i'm very much willing to take a chance on him this year and easily expect top 10 numbers.

let's see how they look in the opening of the game on sunday vs. the mighty bengals.

I cut everybody that's why I have so many early picks. Portis's 3 years were up. I had him last year. Nobody else was worth a top 10 pick, so I dropped em all. Should pay off.

Makes sense. How many WRs start? Also. what would your first 6-7 picks look like in overall numbers (pick 2, pick 8, pick 20, etc..) with and without the trade. We should do an overall potential starter comparison with that info in mind.

:D <- click me.

curse you hugh for causing me to research this further.

:D

That, right there, is the potential major issue. And Puddy, with all due respect, to compare Washington and KC, with that O-line that KC had, is ridiculous. If Portis was running behind that O-line at the time, I too would have Portis as a top 3 back.

Time will tell. Hopefully we'll remember this thread at the end of the season so you guys can rub my nose in it or vice-versa. :D