[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LT or SA

DuckSurprise

In my second big redraft league, landed 2nd overall pick. I am assuming LJ goes first. This is a standard scoring league but no PPR. I am having a very hard time choosing between the two of them. I know I should be ok with either but even so I pose the question, who should I take? In comparing the 2, they both have some questions:

LT - new QB, seemed to be breaking down late in the season past 2 years and will be carrying a big load this year

SA - Lost Hutchinson, got paid, Madden curse, probably a much more balanced offense in Seattle this year

I am leaning toward SA for one reason only (since in my mind they are so close), SCHEDULE. Seattle play Arizona, SF and Rams twice, they also play GB, Detroit, Oakland and in weeks 14, 15, 16 they play Arizona, SF and San Diego. SD's schedule appears tougher and they have to play Denver week 14. Teams are different year to year but this is about the only clear advantage I see between the 2. I could use a little Huddle expertise, thanks guys

I have same problem so I'll be interested in responses as well. Let me start by saying, I put no stock into the Madden curse or any of that type of crap. I did like your breakdown on ease of schedule, especially when it will count. I think based on that alone, it is enough to break the tie in my mind. SD in very tough division and I don't like my odds with him come playoff time.

If you don't get a point for the reception, i would lean towards Alexander. I do think with a young QB LT will get a lot of dump off passes which you have to consider the yardage he will get. I think LT is actually the #1 back if you get a point for a catch. alexander is money for at least 20 TDs. (at least)! I once saw the seahawks run the ball on 3rd and goal from the 11. and yes he scored.

Really, coin flip. I think Duck Surprise has broken down the pluses and minuses of the situation pretty nicely - LT's propensity to get nagging injuries the past few years is a bit troubling, and that schedule of SA's - the fact he isn't playing for a contract might cut both ways, if you think about it - he may not give the same effort but by the same token the Hawks might be more willing to give him garbage time.

I'd go Alexander.

The funny thing about the #2 pick this year is that it makes the #3 guy VERY happy, as all the hard thinking is done by the two guys in front of him.