[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiki, Portis, Edge, Brown, Jackson ...... Rank em in order you would draft today in a 10 team performance scoring league.

Just kidding. :D

SJax - He's a big back that won't lose goal line carries. The Rams are going to run a lot more now that Martz is gone. He's gonna have a great season if he doesn't get hurt.

Edge - Bit of a risk on a new team with a suspect O-line, but with Warner throwing to 2 young studs, the rushing game should be wide open.

Tiki - I've never been a fan, but he's proven me wrong over and over again. He'll lose goalline touches to Jacobs, which drops him down in my rankings a bit.

Brown - If Cpep starts, the passing game will have to be reckoned with, which will mean good things for Ronnie.

Portis - Even before the injury, it was pretty well documented that I don't like Portis. Inexperience on one side of the O-line, an aging QB, he's not a short yardage/goalline back, not great WR's. I just don't see Portis being top 5 this year.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Get yourself a dog, take off your pants, put some peanut butter on your grapesack, lie on your back, and enjoy.

i was really just hoping for a few WR sleepers ... but you've caused me to look at things in an entirely new light.

Edited by tonorator

2 Questions:

1. Keeper help keeping 3, performance scoring, starting 2RB, 3WR. Keeping Tomlinson, R. Moss for sure...deciding between Roy Williams, C. Benson or W. Dunn

2. I've got a knockout left, am quick on my feet, like to fight dirty and will be in Wisconsin next week. Should I look up MPultura?

2 Questions:

1. Keeper help keeping 3, performance scoring, starting 2RB, 3WR. Keeping Tomlinson, R. Moss for sure...deciding between Roy Williams, C. Benson or W. Dunn

2. I've got a knockout left, am quick on my feet, like to fight dirty and will be in Wisconsin next week. Should I look up MPultura?

2 Answers:

1. Probably Cedric Benson. I generally prefer RB's over WR's to begin with, I don't like Lions offensive players, and I think Benson will outperform Dunn.

2. No. He's probably 12 years old and if you kick his ass you'd end up in jail. I ignore him, I suggest you do the same. He's not worth it.

Hugh,

Please rank Tiki, Brown, Portis or S. Jackson in a point per reception league? I had them ranked 1) Portis, 2) Tiki, 3) Brown, and 4) Jackson before last night's injury to Portis. I'm now leaning towards 1) Tiki 2) R. Brown, 3) Jackson, 4) Portis. Your thoughts?

Thanks

Hugh,

Please rank Tiki, Brown, Portis or S. Jackson in a point per reception league? I had them ranked 1) Portis, 2) Tiki, 3) Brown, and 4) Jackson before last night's injury to Portis. I'm now leaning towards 1) Tiki 2) R. Brown, 3) Jackson, 4) Portis. Your thoughts?

Thanks

Well, the only thing that would change in my rankings from above is that it would push Tiki up a bit, but I still don't think I'd take him over SJax. Brown and Portis don't see as much out of the backfield as Tiki, not even close. So, I'd rank them the same:

1. SJax

2. Tiki

3. Brown

4. Portis.

Hugh-

What is your take on Reggie Wayne? Even as a #2, do put him above the the likes of a DJax, Boldin or Chambers? Marvin isn't getting any younger but I am not quite sure about Wayne versus some of the names mentioned.

Hugh-

What is your take on Reggie Wayne? Even as a #2, do put him above the the likes of a DJax, Boldin or Chambers? Marvin isn't getting any younger but I am not quite sure about Wayne versus some of the names mentioned.

The passing of the torch, so to speak, will be completed this year, with Wayne finally outproducing Harrison on the fantasy front. I wouldn't take him over Boldin, I would take him over Chambers and DJax.

Hugh,

12 team league standard scoring. We're switching to a keeper league this year where we'll keep up to 3 for 3 years. You can't keep more than one at any position. I have the #5 pick. Initially I was hoping Portis fell to me (I know you don't like him), but with the shoulder injury I'm now considering SJax, Ronnie Brown or Caddie. I like Tiki but with this being a keeper league I think I may be better off with one of the younger guys. How would you rank these guys (Portis, Brown, SJax and Caddie)? Or would you consider someone else?

Thanks

Please see my league info in the signature line.

I can trade J.Galloway and D.Branch for J.Jones. Would you do this deal?

Here are some details.

We are in a four player keeper(really a finder) league. We can only keep players that were drafted after the third round in any year. So, most of the usual studs are available at RB, QB, and WR. However, the draft completely thins out in the middle of the third round (rookies and middle of the road players go next). My four keepers today are:

K.Jones

Galloway

Branch

Witten

I like the idea of getting JJones so I can go RB-WR in the first two rounds. Though I am concerned about (1) how Parcells will use Jones assuming he is healthy and (2) Jones ability to stay healthy.

What is your insight into this situation. Would you pull the trigger?

Hugh,

12 team league standard scoring. We're switching to a keeper league this year where we'll keep up to 3 for 3 years. You can't keep more than one at any position. I have the #5 pick. Initially I was hoping Portis fell to me (I know you don't like him), but with the shoulder injury I'm now considering SJax, Ronnie Brown or Caddie. I like Tiki but with this being a keeper league I think I may be better off with one of the younger guys. How would you rank these guys (Portis, Brown, SJax and Caddie)? Or would you consider someone else?

Thanks

When you say someone else, can I assume LT, LJ and SA are gone? Of those remaining backs, I'd probably take SJax first.

When you say someone else, can I assume LT, LJ and SA are gone? Of those remaining backs, I'd probably take SJax first.

Yeah, LT, LJ and SA would be gone. I think Manning will go in the top 4 too. QB's go fast in this league.

I can keep up to 2, but lose the pick

12 team keeper league, have 11th pick

My best keeper prospects are:

L. Jordan (round 1)

L. Fitzgerald (round 4)

C. Palmer (round 8)

W. Parker (round 13)

We start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D.

I was all set to keep Jordan and Fitzgerald, but after looking at who everyone else is keeping, I'm nervous about losing those 2 picks in the first 4 rounds. I think 3 other teams will be keeping 1st rounders. Jordan is the obvious choice since I probably won't be able to get anyone better where I'm picking. I also know Fitz in round 4 is good value as well, but now I'm leaning toward keeping the 2 backs and grabbing 2 WRs (even possibly Fitz or someone better) in rounds 2 and 3.

Am I over thinking this or should I look to keep a different combo? Thanks.

Picking #6 in 12 team rookie keeper league. Was going to pick Portis but, now w/ shoulder injury very unsure. I have Eli M. as keeper QB- should I take Tiki anyway and get all of GIants' pts. but sacrifice doubly on bad days or go w/ Edge at 6 (very scared of him in new offense and bad O-Line)? Or...do I take Portis anyway and see what happens???

Info. you should know b4 answering; get 1/2 pt for recepts., making Tiki valuable. R. Brown, Caddy, FWP, S-Jax, all of board. Other options if not Edge would be Rudi Johnson or Westbrook.