[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Warrick Dunn

Danny Zuko

His point totals are real low each week. Are his numbers due to get better or stay the same?

He is infinitely better if you get points for receptions.

He's competing for carries with his quarterback, so he'll flash greatness, then have weeks with 5 yards. He's as spotty as Grease is gay.

29 for 132 1rec/10yrds wk 1

21 for 134 0recps wk2

13 for 44 2rec/2yrds

19 for 55 1rec/10yds

extrapolates out to 1548 total yards for the year

I dont expect him to be at 130 mark weekly nor would i expect him to be in the 40-50 range weekly either

but i do think around 1500 total yards is gonna be about right for him this yr

oh and

wk1 vs Car

wk2 vs TB

wk3 @ NO(um they got their ass kicked that night)

wk4 vs Zona(he threw in a clunker)

but thru four games Dunn has accounted for 34.8% of their offensive plays

Dunn has 86 touches this yr

Norwood has 27

Last year thru the 1st 4 games Dunn had 73 touches and Duckett had 36(9 more then Norwood)

must be vick then right? Last yr thru 4 games Vick had 32 rushes this yr he has 38(6 more)

so this yr DUNN has surpassed the touches he had thru 4 games last yr...when he rushed for

1416 yards with 3 TDs and had 29 recps for 220 yards with 1 TD

Last yr thru 4 games Dunn had a total of 406 yards and 1 TD

This yr thru 4 games Dunn has a total of 387 yards and 0 TDs

so he is a whopping 19 yards off of last yrs pace thru 4 games

I dont think there is anything to worry about Dunn with

Edited by keggerz

21 for 134 0recps wk2

13 for 44 2rec/2yrds

19 for 55 1rec/10yds

I dont expect him to be at 130 mark weekly nor would i expect him to be in the 40-50 range weekly either

oh and

wk1 vs Car

wk2 vs TB

Norwood has 27

Last year thru the 1st 4 games Dunn had 73 touches and Duckett had 36(9 more then Norwood)

must be vick then right? Last yr thru 4 games Vick had 32 rushes this yr he has 38(6 more)

so this yr DUNN has surpassed the touches he had thru 4 games last yr...when he rushed for

Great analysis! There should be no surprises with Dunn. He will put up the yardage on a consistent basis with the occasional TD. If you didn't expect that going into the year then your fantasy football acumen needs polishing.

21 for 134 0recps wk2

13 for 44 2rec/2yrds

19 for 55 1rec/10yds

oh and

wk1 vs Car

wk2 vs TB

Norwood has 27

GREAT analysis.

GREAT analysis.

I agree. With Dunn you get solid points every week with the occasional great game. He is not a guy that is going to carry your team with Norwood getting inthe mix, but most people that drafted him knew what they were getting when they drafted him. He will put up some nice games along the way.

21 for 134 0recps wk2

13 for 44 2rec/2yrds

19 for 55 1rec/10yds

oh and

wk1 vs Car

wk2 vs TB

Norwood has 27

It IS a good analysis, particularly if you were comparing apples to apples, but I think the thing that makes this an apples to oranges comparison is the presence of Norwood, who I don't think you can compare to Duckett at all other than they both happen to be RBs who were on the Falcons the same time as Dunn.

Norwood has the goods to flat out replace Dunn if the coaches saw fit to go that route, and at the very least you'll see him worked into the game plan considerably more than you saw Duckett in year's past. I would be very wary to be a Dunn owner this year, especially the 2nd half of the year. Obviously this all just my opinion, but an educated one.

I agree with CR, comparing Norwood to Duckett is wrong. Norwood is the heir apparent to Dunn, whereas Duckett was a short yardage and change of pace option.

I'm not saying Dunn won't remain the primary back, but don't be surprised to see Norwood on the field more and more. That said if Atlanta keeps having the success they are then both players will be productive all year.

Great analysis! There should be no surprises with Dunn. He will put up the yardage on a consistent basis with the occasional TD. If you didn't expect that going into the year then your fantasy football acumen needs polishing.

Is that a body part that you normally keep covered? :D

:D

Took a flyer on him this year for the first time. Wish I had taken a flying leap instead...

? I thought "took a flyer" implied you drafted him (relatively) late given his commonly perceived value. His results so far have been mixed with 2 good weeks and 2 bad ones. I wouldn't freak just yet.

The only think he can catch is a cold.

I have to wonder. He was a legit receiving threat earlier in his career but has really tapered off.....is it because he just can't catch anymore or the scheme...or oh btw a QB who isn't shall we say the purest passer in the whole wide world....

I got Dunn cheaply in my auction draft last year and while he wasn't amazing, he was extremely consistent week after week. Amazingly got him cheaply this year too but due to even more amazing RB depth he's sitting. Admittedly maybe just as well and wish I'd traded him after week 2, but I'm not exactly upset about having a guy like that in the wings.

21 for 134 0recps wk2

13 for 44 2rec/2yrds

19 for 55 1rec/10yds

oh and

wk1 vs Car

wk2 vs TB

Norwood has 27

Um, could you do that for all of the RB's? Please.

Um, could you do that for all of the RB's? Please.

every now and then the mood strikes me to dig in...basically being in dynasty leagues with contract caps and salary and contract caps it makes it much more difficult to do deals etc so I dont really have to do the in depth stuff like i used to do for many many players

I see Norwood getting more and more carries. I can't imagine Dunn getting close to 1,500 yards. And he certainly won't get the receptions he's used to since the Falcons have finally figured out that Vick's best pass is a handoff.

only time will tell, but curious what do you base your comment on? In your opinion is it Norwoods increased weekly carries? Or something else?

only time will tell, but curious what do you base your comment on? In your opinion is it Norwoods increased weekly carries? Or something else?

He can certainly chime in with his own answer, but being of the same mind-set, I would say it's more a gut feeling than statistical data to date. Norwood appears to have the talent to be an excellent back and my gut tells me a player with his ability will be on the field more and more as the season progresses.

Edited by Cunning Runt

He can certainly chime in with his own answer, but being of the same mind-set, I would say it's more a gut feeling than statistical data to date. Norwood appears to have the talent to be an excellent back and my gut tells me a player with his ability will be on the field more and more as the season progresses.

fwiw I agree that norwood is the future in ATL but I dont know how much more he is gonna cut into Dunns stats then duckett did...

duckett last yr had 121 carries in 14 games which was the equivalent of 8.6carries/game

norwood so far has a 6.5carry/game avg. and if you look at that even closer you will see that 19 of his 26 carries came in 2 blow outs during mop up time...but in a game that ATL was getting blown out in he saw all of 1 carry and then in what was an easy win in zona he saw 6 carries(3 in their next to last series(the last series was QB kneel downs) when they were up 32-10, 2 of his other carries came when they were up 29-10) and his 78yard touchdown run was on the falcons 1st poss. of the 4th quarter(atl was up 22-10 at that point)

so what I see is a team giving a rook carries to get him acclimated when there isnt anything on the line. Do I think his carries will mainly be garbage time carries this yr? NO i dont. Do I think he is gonna dramatically eat into Dunns carries this yr? NO I don't

oh and fwiw, the fact that duckett is gone and atl doesnt have what you would call a GL back now could help Dunn(but I would expect vick to still steal some of those TDs)

i do understand the view that some have I just wanted to expand upon why I dont think norwood is gonna be the "thief" that some think he will be

and fwiw I do think the kid is a terrific talent and gonna be a major asset for ATL in the future

Edited by keggerz