[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

COLLUSION?

Danny Zuko

A 1-5 team, a team who hasn't made a single transaction all season, without contacting a single other team inquiring what else he could get, trades his buddy Sean Alexander, Randy Moss, and Antonio Bryant for Tom Brady and Greg Jennings. Of course, they are both claiming it is a fair trade. The 1-5 team also had Plummer and McNair at QB, K Jones and C Dillon at RB and T Holt and K Johnson at WR. This trade makes no sense at all and I am pissed!!! Am I overreacting?

A 1-5 team, a team who hasn't made a single transaction all season, without contacting a single other team inquiring what else he could get, trades his buddy Sean Alexander, Randy Moss, and Antonio Bryant for Tom Brady and Greg Jennings. Of course, they are both claiming it is a fair trade. The 1-5 team also had Plummer and McNair at QB, K Jones and C Dillon at RB and T Holt and K Johnson at WR. This trade makes no sense at all and I am pissed!!! Am I overreacting?

What will you do about it? Yahoo league or local league? Can you kick them out of the league if the majority or at least the ruling party believes it is underhanded? Are you amongst the ruling party?

Not sure it's colusion but it does look like a lopsided trade. The guy at 1-5 might not be able to wait for Alexander to come back is the only reason I can see.

The Commish in the league is one of the parties involved. The 1-5 team didn't even pick up a Defense last week when his starter had a bye. He made no attempt to improve his team all year and now all of the sudden, this? His team did not need to panic. I am sure other teams in the league could've given him a better offer if he asked. Collusion is very tricky, but I think the eyebrow should be raised when friends make moster trades like this involving one persons bets player and others without playing the field first.

How many years has this league been running? If more then one then it is the leagues fault - owners, for not having a vote of some sorts to decide fairness of trades......If this is the first year, well if all the owners in the league feel the same way you do then the commish should have to veto the trade, then make a rule that will be used in the years to come..........

The Commish in the league is one of the parties involved. The 1-5 team didn't even pick up a Defense last week when his starter had a bye. He made no attempt to improve his team all year and now all of the sudden, this? His team did not need to panic. I am sure other teams in the league could've given him a better offer if he asked. Collusion is very tricky, but I think the eyebrow should be raised when friends make moster trades like this involving one persons bets player and others without playing the field first.

If he didn't even pick up a defense last week and he knew he needed to then it's pretty obvious he's not interested in the league or he's simply given up. This does not necessarily mean he is guilty of collusion. Which in my opinion means he is getting something back under the table for making a trade that benefits a person who promises something in return if he wins anything.

:bash: a few years ago, I played in a league ( not anymore) that had two friends that we found out had an agreement that they would draft their teams with an understanding when one of the teams began to tank, they would make these type of deals over the course of about 3 weeks, and would split the winnings no matter which of the teams won money.

:D Interestingly enough we found this out, because the one guys wife told someone else's girlfriend by accident when she was loaded at a party. After this I stopped playing in that league when the Commish, did little to punish these two and even tried to explain the lack of power he had against something like that from happening again.

:D This is why I play in a league now that I know all the guys and at least can tell when someone is doing something fishy for their personality and have no problems sending my thoughts to the 3 man board of advisors we have to put these situations to a group discussion and vote.

Out of curiosity.....i have ran one league since 96, many trades have been made throughout those years and only a fraction of the owners have came out and asked who they could get for the player(s) they are offering...I know I dont like to make anything public, as it can actually BACK fire on you.....

And now looking at the players involved in this trade, well Im not too sure if it is all that lopsided...Are we looking at the players past - or present production?

SA has the Jinx, Moss is with a FED up franchise, and Bryant, wellIm not sold on him....

In return for...

Jennings, quickly becoming Favres favorite, and Brady who is gaining trust in his WR's once again...

pretty even if you ask me....who has more POTENTIAL, well it's obvious, the one receiving SA and Moss, BUT, I would rather be getting the other side.........

JMHO!

i'm not so sure this is such a lopsided trade.

the guy needs a qb who has upside and that is not mcnair or plummer. plus, alexander is a big ?. he'll come back, but he will not be the same. bryant plays for a crappy team.

he gets two instant starters. maybe not even up, but not too lopsided.

IMHO, you cannot use his lack of transactions last week to 'pile on' the case for collusion. he may just be stupid.

i'm not so sure this is such a lopsided trade.

the guy needs a qb who has upside and that is not mcnair or plummer. plus, alexander is a big ?. he'll come back, but he will not be the same. bryant plays for a crappy team.

he gets two instant starters. maybe not even up, but not too lopsided.

IMHO, you cannot use his lack of transactions last week to 'pile on' the case for collusion. he may just be stupid.

That's along the lines of what I was thinking. Alexander should be back in 2 weeks and will probably need a week to shake off the rust. Who knows how effective he'll be? He MAY be himself by week 12. As for Moss & Bryant, I wouldn't be surprised if Jennings outscores both of them combined the rest of the way. I think the big "names" of the players involved is what makes this deal look lopsided. I wouldn't do it, but it's certainly not the worst deal I've seen.

Just curious - are your transactions free? I ask because maybe the guy just doesn't want to spend the few bucks to make a move. I know that sucks but it is possible. I'm not sure how much his lack of transactions should factor in. Just my 2 cents.

i want to add that any time a team virtually with no chance to make the playoffs should have any moster trade like this one analyzed with a fine tooth comb. the fact that this trade was made with the commish, to me, makes it stink even more.

No shot at lmaking the playoffs? How many teams make the playoffs in your league. 6 teams make it in mine and the 6th place team is always 6-7. Going 5-2 to finish a season shouldnt be considered "no chance"

the point i am trying to drive home if why didn't he at least ask the other teams what they were offering. in a 12 league team, i personally know at least 2 other guys that were salivating at the chanceto get alexander. before you clean house, shouldn't you at least ask what else could be had instead?

the point i am trying to drive home if why didn't he at least ask the other teams what they were offering. in a 12 league team, i personally know at least 2 other guys that were salivating at the chanceto get alexander. before you clean house, shouldn't you at least ask what else could be had instead?

if they were so damned interested in alexander then why didnt they contact him?

and in regards to your original question yeah i think you are overreacting...if anything you should be glad that you have an owner that at 1-5 isnt throwing in the towel...i know i have reservations about a RB coming back and performing after they broke their foot....RMoss is almost a must start just because of his upside but this yr that upside hasnt even been scratched....McNair just got hurt and boller performed pretty well, plummer has been cow dung so far this yr....so maybe just maybe if you take off your Prior Years Stud Glasses you will see that he thinks that Starting Brady and Jennings along with KJ Dillon THolt and Key is >> then Plummer or McNair KJ Dillon Holt Moss Key

if they were so damned interested in alexander then why didnt they contact him?

Perfect point.

Another point - if you can't do anything about it - quit complaining b/c it just gives everyone, including yourself, a headache. If you can do something about it - quit complaining and do it. Talk to others in the league. See if they feel the same way. Form your own league. Set some specific rules and guidlines for next year. Things like this come up in every league whether it be more or less severe. Personally, there has never been any form of collusion in any league I've been in over the past 18 or 19 years. I feel the worst thing that can happen (which I believe could be happening in this case) is that a team simply doesn't care - apathy will ruin the fun for everyone. All it takes is one owner.

Nothing wrong with that trade based on this years results. Quit whining and let it stand. Make the first move next time.

If you do prove collusion, then it is a completely different situation.

I feel the worst thing that can happen (which I believe could be happening in this case) is that a team simply doesn't care - apathy will ruin the fun for everyone. All it takes is one owner.

+1

I've seen owners not make adjustments during bye weeks of their better players, so it becomes plain luck if you happen to play them the week of those byes.

About this time (usually later) in the season you start seeing the rich teams get richer because they can take advantage of the weakest teams who need immediate help because they can't afford another lost by waiting on players to come back from injuries or even possibly a bye week.

How many years has this league been running? If more then one then it is the leagues fault - owners, for not having a vote of some sorts to decide fairness of trades......If this is the first year, well if all the owners in the league feel the same way you do then the commish should have to veto the trade, then make a rule that will be used in the years to come..........

Again, are there ANY rules for a veto?? If so - USE them, IF not, make them! A league is NOT the sole responsibility of the commish....All owners should have been invited to help establish league rules....

ALSO, keep this forum POSTED with the weekly results for the 2 owners involved.....