[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Prestige

Vote Quimby2

I think it looks pretty damn cool.

link

From acclaimed filmmaker Christopher Nolan ("Memento," "Batman Begins"), comes a mysterious story of two magicians whose intense rivalry leads them on a life-long battle for supremacy full of obsession, deceit and jealousy with dangerous and deadly consequences.

I seen it last night. Both my wife and I enjoyed it and I think it was worthy of going to the movies to see but I do not think that it is a 'great' movie. Just a good movie that holds your interest and will leave you satisfied afterward, IMHO.

Pretty much how I felt about it. Only mildly disappointing because of the great talent attached and you expect a bit more then what you ultimately get. Still a decent movie, just not great.

It does have Scarlet Johanson and her jubblies in it.

Oddly enough, she was the one thing that I did not like about movie. I mean, she was nice to look at, but she just didn't fit in acting wise. Jessica Biel worked better for me in The Illusionist. There's something I never thought I'd say.

• 1 month later...

Just saw it last night...enjoyed it. I'd be interested to hear some theories about the ending...I'm pretty confident I know what happened but not sure...

SPOILER

The way I took it was that he was cloning himself everytime and killing his original self(which was his delima because he wasn't sure which he was killing).

SPOILER

The way I took it was that he was cloning himself everytime and killing his original self(which was his delima because he wasn't sure which he was killing).

SPOILER

That's what I got, too. There was the scene of them removing the case after every show, and I'm assuming that the 100 show run was to ensure that Borden eventually made it to the show. It seems strange to me that the cloning machine was presented as real and a fact, but i really don't see any other way to interpret it.

Also, I wasn't quite sure what to make of the comment on drowning. It seemed to imply that this cloning had been done before, but I didn't quite get it. I think I need to watch this one again. Different than what I expected, but I liked it.

Edited by Fatman

• 2 months later...

SPOILER

Well, to be frank, there WAS no original. Or at least the duplicate (it isn't a clone because it isn't grown from DNA) was for all intents and purposes identical to Algiers in every way. Basically, the "real" Algiers died up on the first night of the run, but since each duplicate possesses the exact makeup of Algiers up to the point he drops through the trap door, it is, for all intents and purposes, Algiers.

Basically it's pretty similar to what happened to Bill Murray in Groundhog's Day. :D

Not yet. Bit behind on me new releases. Been catching up on the old stuff lately.

The Prestige was decent, but after many months have gone by I find The Illusionist to be (surprisingly) the better movie. I am curious to see what you'll think. Prestige had the budget, but The Illusionist was more involving and straightforward IMO.

I watched it again.

There is certainly a lot happening in the movie that is a lot clearer the second time around. It was certainly a very complex plot and very well constructed by Christopher Nolan. Still wouldn't give it a perfect score, but definitely fun and consuming.