[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Team Defense Report

Outshined

Minnesota has not made the team defense report. In 3 of my leagues, they are ranked 1,3,and 10. They have scored twice as many defensive TD's as the Bears (4). Every week they are a threat to a TD.

I was going to post this last week, but I thought I would wait because they are playing the Seahawks. They ended up scoring a Defensive TD last week. I guess this week is no different, they are playing the Pats and Brady. After this week, The Vikings schedule gets really easy.

I just thouht they should be on this report.

Where are the Vikings defense ranked in your league?

In the scoring system used for that column, they're ranked #13. Sandwiched by their bye week, they've had solid efforts of 25 and 17 fantasy points. But before that, they've done no better than 11 fantasy points, and have put up a goose egg. So, yeah, they're hot... but prone to disappearing.

The real determining factor, though, is the fact that the Patriots simply take care of the ball far too well and yield poor fantasy stats to opposing defenses. Yes, the Bills put up 13 fantasy points against them Week 1, but after that, it looks like this:

Week 2 @ NYJ - 5 fantasy points

Week 3 vs. DEN - 7 (and the Broncos are the #3 fantasy D in this league)

Week 4 @ CIN - 2

Week 5 vs. MIA - 3

Week 6 - BYE

Week 7 @ BUF - 4

Do you see a trend?

Edit: Rest assured, if they do absolutely anything against Brady and the Pats, they will deserve a mention next week against the Niners.

Edited by darin3

The Panthers are probably ranked around 20th in most leagues but I'm starting them over the Vikes this week. Yes, the Vikes are playing the Pats this week but to finish the season out, I'd prefer the Vikes on my team over the disappointing Panthers and Falcons both.

2. 35. Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def 86.00 25.00 25.00 13.00 8.00 8.00 7.00 B

3. 51. Vikings, Minnesota MIN Def 72.00 2.00 7.00 12.00 5.00 27.00 B 19.00

The Ravens are ranked 2 and the Vikes are ranked 3 in this league that I posted above. The Ravens have two great games to start out the season. Does anyone consider dropping them from your rosters?

The Vikes put up good scores in the last 2 games that they've played. One is not like the other?

The Vikes are what I'm looking for in a defensive team. They go after the ball on every down. The front linemen are after the QB on most plays. They have attitude that they've never had before. They also are playing with 2 or 3 players out for the year but they plug'em and play the same way.

Edit: Rest assured, if they do absolutely anything against Brady and the Pats, they will deserve a mention next week against the Niners.

Early they were quiet - not much from the front four for sacks and the turnovers were low.

They kind of surprised me this season so far. They lost James, Greenway and T. Williams early in the year. I figured with a new system, it would take time for them to Gel. They haven't given up more than 19 points in a game this year. The 1st half of the schedule was tough, but after this week I think we play only one or two playoff teams from here on out.

I think we play only one or two playoff teams from here on out.

The weekly defense report is another source of information, not a re-affirmation for every homer who subcribes. Granted, I've seen some many viewpoints on here I disagree with, but then I think I do what is best.

He is predicting the best defenses from week to week. Let alone, in most scoring formats, that is like predicting a tiddly wink game. Yes, the Vikings are scoring high in my weekly fantasy format, but so are the Cardinals, who have been a stranger recommendation; up until this week.

Darin posted logical reasons why he thinks the Vikings aren't a top D to play this week. You might be right, but every time a team gets on a mini hot streak, these kind of complaints happen after the fact.

The 1st half of the schedule was tough, but after this week I think we play only one or two playoff teams from here on out.

In the 1st half they played 4 playoff teams. 2 in the 2nd half. Sounds pretty easy.