[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

T. Bell looked good in practice & M. Bell ran extra wind sprints

Tally

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_4588780

T bell looks good in practice yet M. bell is running extra wind sprints so he doesn’t wear down at the end of the game? What does this all mean? Right now I have Mike in my lineup. I was hoping I would have somewhat of an easy decision this week... doesn’t look that way. I'll tell ya one thing....I will never, ever get involved with DEN RB's again. They have made this season a torturous hell for me.

T bell looks good in practice yet M. bell is running extra wind sprints so he doesn’t wear down at the end of the game? What does this all mean? Right now I have Mike in my lineup. I was hoping I would have somewhat of an easy decision this week... doesn’t look that way. I'll tell ya one thing....I will never, ever get involved with DEN RB's again. They have made this season a torturous hell for me.

But if you start the starting RB....they usually produce very nicely for you.

From your link:

Running back Tatum Bell - who has two turf toe injuries - said he is sore but is hoping to play extensively Sunday. Undrafted rookie Mike Bell is likely to play quite a bit. Mike Bell rushed for 136 yards and two touchdowns on 15 carries against the Colts. He ran extra sprints with rookie defensive end Elvis Dumervil after practice.

"Just in case I'm in the same situation I was in last week, I want to make sure I can finish the game, and that means getting in shape," Mike Bell said.

Does he sense he will get more carries this weekend with Tatum Bell still in pain?

"I'm not sure. Tatum looked great in practice," he said.

M Bell's lack of being in game shape showed in that he couldn't stay on the field after long runs - he doesn't have his stamina built up sufficiently. Attribute that to a rookie mistake of not taking being the #2 RB seriously. It sounds like he's changing that.

The comment about T Bell looking great comes from M Bell - who is gracious to a fault when it comes to his team mates, especially the guys competing with him for carries at RB. The kid has great humility.

Read the bolded part - that's written by Williamson, who has shown a good nose for news out of Dove Valley, and knows the game pretty well.

it's only torture if you have the wrong RB or if they don't have a good enough RB...

I always draft a Denver RB as my 3rd or 4th RB....

starting with Portis in 2002, QGriffin in 2004 (picked up Droughns later)...then 2005 I picked up Mike Anderson..then traded him around week 4 with AJ for Holt :D ...

I haven't been burned by a Denver RB yet and as an 8th round selection, Mike Bell can't burn me anyways....

From your link:

Running back Tatum Bell - who has two turf toe injuries - said he is sore but is hoping to play extensively Sunday. Undrafted rookie Mike Bell is likely to play quite a bit. Mike Bell rushed for 136 yards and two touchdowns on 15 carries against the Colts. He ran extra sprints with rookie defensive end Elvis Dumervil after practice.

"Just in case I'm in the same situation I was in last week, I want to make sure I can finish the game, and that means getting in shape," Mike Bell said.

Does he sense he will get more carries this weekend with Tatum Bell still in pain?

"I'm not sure. Tatum looked great in practice," he said.

M Bell's lack of being in game shape showed in that he couldn't stay on the field after long runs - he doesn't have his stamina built up sufficiently. Attribute that to a rookie mistake of not taking being the #2 RB seriously. It sounds like he's changing that.

The comment about T Bell looking great comes from M Bell - who is gracious to a fault when it comes to his team mates, especially the guys competing with him for carries at RB. The kid has great humility.

Read the bolded part - that's written by Williamson, who has shown a good nose for news out of Dove Valley, and knows the game pretty well.

Mike Bell seems to be hooked on whatever it is they use to make humble pie...

that's good, because no matter what he does..he'll always feel like it's not enough...

I got lucky last week and had to start Mike Bell because of bye issue's. That was a sweet surprise...but he goes back to the bench this week.

I started him week 7 because of bye week issues.....if he did what he did last week in week 7, I'd be 1 game out of 1st.... :D

it's only torture if you have the wrong RB or if they don't have a good enough RB...

I always draft a Denver RB as my 3rd or 4th RB....

starting with Portis in 2002, QGriffin in 2004 (picked up Droughns later)...then 2005 I picked up Mike Anderson..then traded him around week 4 with AJ for Holt :D ...

I haven't been burned by a Denver RB yet and as an 8th round selection, Mike Bell can't burn me anyways....

I also had Anderson and T. Bell last year on my big $$$ local team and I won the championship. Not necessarily due to them (I also had SA and C. Palmer on that team) but for whatever reasons it just didn’t seem as annoying or as tedious last year to manage the DEN RB situation as it does this year.

I also had Anderson and T. Bell last year on my big $$$ local team and I won the championship. Not necessarily due to them (I also had SA and C. Palmer on that team) but for whatever reasons it just didn’t seem as annoying or as tedious last year to manage the DEN RB situation as it does this year.

I've kept Mike Bell since draft day and I've just been waiting....

he's my 4th or 5th RB, I don't remember right now...but if he comes through...he'll just be another quality RB I can play matchups with...

I've kept Mike Bell since draft day and I've just been waiting....

he's my 4th or 5th RB, I don't remember right now...but if he comes through...he'll just be another quality RB I can play matchups with...

Some guy dropped him Sun AM for WR help. I put in a claim and got him yesterday....don't know how, unless I was the only one who claimed him.

I mainly just grabbed him to prevent others from benifiting and if he pans out I may have some tough decisions come playoff time.

I think I may have had M.Anderson the year after he broke out...and the only other time I've taken/picked up a Denver back was O.Gary a few years ago....and I rode him and Marcus Robinson to the championship!!!!

Edited by nhoops

Ah, yes, as opposed to a nontorturous hell... :D

Reminds me of a story. H8tank and Skins both die on the same day and H8tank goes to Heaven but Skins goes to Hell. H8tank is greatly suprised but to his astonishment after a little while he missed his old friend Skins. He approached God and got a special pass to go visit Hell and his buddy Skins. When he arrives he is amazed to see Skins sitting at a bar with a beer in his hand and a beautiful skantily-clad girl sitting on his lap. "Well this doesn't look like it's such a bad place", H8 says. "Here, have a beer", Skins says as he throws him a bottle. "Hey, this bottle doesn't have a hole in it!" H8 whines. Skins points to the girl and says, "Neither does she. Welcome to Hell". :D

Ah, yes, as opposed to a nontorturous hell... :D

Reminds me of a story. H8tank and Skins both die on the same day and H8tank goes to Heaven but Skins goes to Hell. H8tank is greatly suprised but to his astonishment after a little while he missed his old friend Skins. He approached God and got a special pass to go visit Hell and his buddy Skins. When he arrives he is amazed to see Skins sitting at a bar with a beer in his hand and a beautiful skantily-clad girl sitting on his lap. "Well this doesn't look like it's such a bad place", H8 says. "Here, have a beer", Skins says as he throws him a bottle. "Hey, this bottle doesn't have a hole in it!" H8 whines. Skins points to the girl and says, "Neither does she. Welcome to Hell". :bash:

:D

He looked like he was about to puke after every carry against the Colts. Why wait until now to work on your conditioning? What else has he been doing?

I imagine when you are a COP/back up type RB it's more important to work on big play ability than it is to work on whole game ability. I equate it to sprinter training versus distance runner training. Your in shape if you do either, but your conditioning will be more suited to the one you train for.

COP backs get in for short spells and usually look good making big plays. I can only guess that it has something to do with their traingin emphasis.

Please don't take this the wrong way, because it's not meant with disrespect. There is a huge difference between being in shape and being in game shape in football, and that difference becomes more & more vast as you rise up the levels. Anyone who has played the game knows what I'm talking about.

But wouldn't that conditioning be a reason why he was named the starter in the first place?

It just makes me think that Shanahan was using Mike to motivate Tatum. It's pretty obvious Mike wasn't ready to be a full time back, if his conditioning still isn't right in Week 8.

He looked like he was about to puke after every carry against the Colts. Why wait until now to work on your conditioning? What else has he been doing?

Please don't take this the wrong way, because it's not meant with disrespect. There is a huge difference between being in shape and being in game shape in football, and that difference becomes more & more vast as you rise up the levels. Anyone who has played the game knows what I'm talking about.