[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mario Williams...

Royal 88s

Hell no. Good DE's are hard to come by. He is going to be good, possibly great. Bush hasnt shown that much and people are now saying he might be a bust. So who knows. You cant judge rookies by their first 8 games.

Or their 1st 16 as Michael Clayton can show you. :D

one thing we haven't heard much about is Reggie vs Mario...

I personally think it's a wash because Reggie opened up the offense when they were all building chemistry as a unit...which helped Colston as well...plus they have like 2 losses or whatever...I forget...

then again Mario is performing very solidly on a bad defense....

I don't want to hear the Bush vs Mario debate anywhere...espn...here or whatever.....at least here I don't have to read the post...

as long as Mario plays solid and Bush plays mediocre to bad....the debate won't even be brought up..

From what I've heard and read, there is typically a longer adjustment period for defensive linemen moving into the NFL than for most other positions. DL man can dominate in college based solely on size, strength and athletic ability. When he comes to the NFL he's facing an entirely different level of competition and has to learn technique. It's similar to a great college QB having to adjust to the speed and more sophisticated defensive schemes in the NFL. Mario seems to be doing well so far. No reason to believe he's a bust. His durability will begin to be tested in the next few weeks. Getting beaten on by NFL linemen from July through December is a lot different than pushing around frat boys with beer bellies for 10 weeks a year. If he gets through this year healthy and productive, I'd consider it a moral victory for the Texans.

From what I've heard and read, there is typically a longer adjustment period for defensive linemen moving into the NFL than for most other positions.

I've heard the same thing, usually in the context of the Jets waiting for DeWayne Robertson to come around.

Didn't seem to take Julius Peppers very long, although I think the so-called "longer adjustment period" might be more applicable to interior defensive linemen.

I've heard the same thing, usually in the context of the Jets waiting for DeWayne Robertson to come around.

Didn't seem to take Julius Peppers very long, although I think the so-called "longer adjustment period" might be more applicable to interior defensive linemen.

In about 5 or 6 years Robertson will be great.

Of course, he'll be on the Patriots by then however.

plus RB is the easiest position to learn...

the comparison is unfair and only brought up by the media.....it's been fed into our heads since draft day....

as long as Mario plays solid and Bush plays mediocre to bad....the debate won't even be brought up..

Funny that we heard all sorts of "geniuses" (and by "geniuses", I mean people who are paid to give their opinions about football) berate HOU during the first few weeks, but that it has grown to a complete silence in the past couple of weeks, with absolutely not one of the "geniuses" that I know of taking the side of HOU now that the stats have turned.

Doesn't surprise me one bit....

Thanks for your opinions.

I am a Texans fan and I actually saw a little fire in him this weekend.

If he ever grows up I think he will be a beast.

I'm not calling him a Pro Bowler yet; but I like what I see.

:D

You mean there are more like you out there??? :D

He was never a "bust". The expectations were that he would become a great all-around NFL DE, which he is showing early signs of fulfilling. The expectations for Reggie Bush were that he would step into the league and be one part Barry Sanders, one part Marshall Faulk, and one part Jesus Freaking Christ. If either one is or has ever been a bust, it'd be Reggie.

Peace

policy

He was never a "bust". The expectations were that he would become a great all-around NFL DE, which he is showing early signs of fulfilling. The expectations for Reggie Bush were that he would step into the league and be one part Barry Sanders, one part Marshall Faulk, and one part Jesus Freaking Christ. If either one is or has ever been a bust, it'd be Reggie.

Peace

policy

For the most part, I agree with you (looks like I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue). But there were certainly bigger busts than what Bush has been so far. Names that come to mind immediately include Ryan Leaf, Tony Mandarich, Marcus Nash, & Ted Gregory. Bush looks at least like he belongs in a pro uniform, even if he doesn't have the look of a featured RB.

Tony Mandarich

haha... The Incredible Bulk... that guy was awful. Total combine freak.

SI later ran a cover with him on a knee called The Incredible Bust.

I think Bush is far from a bust at this point. He's halfway through his first season and while he may not be racking up the rushing totals, he's helping to open up the entire field for everyone else (read Drew Brees and Marques Colston). He's also at least spelling Deuce so that he's not totally run down by the end of every game. His on field performance will surely improve with time.

Edited by ced1001

Peace

policy

+1