[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where do you get your info?

unsilentmajority

Okay, so someone in my league picked up A. Thomas (Buffalo). After looking into it, he picked him up immediately after the McGahee injury. What source would be the best for information like this? He always seems to do this and pick up players before anyone else (like Colston). He is not a genius, so I am assuming he has some sort of website he goes to for this. Anyone have a trick or two they can share with me? Thanks!

hmmm. I would try to find a message board with lots of fans from around the country. Then I'd go there on Sundays. Wait patiently for the inevitable threads about who got hurt, it's usually within a minute of the actual injury, and then check to see who the back-up is.

It's great in theory, but I'm not sure we'll ever see it come to fruition.

Edited by CaptainHook

Hey bottom line is sometimes you have to get a little lucky to.....In week #2 in my league someone picked up Jericho Cothery about 1 hour before I decided to pick up Colston.....I took a chance that he qould be serviceable....thats what I was looking for and look what I got.....YES.....but also a little lucky, I figured if he really turns out to be the true #2 in NO he could be better then Stallworth who wasn't horrible....

Sometimes you have to get lucky and take a chance....

you can find those guys all over the huddle, rotoworld etc....just have to watch closely and act....

As far as picking up backups for hurt guys immediately.....well I have the Sunday ticket and catch most of the action....The huddle is pretty darn quick to.....lots of time spent watching the computer I guess....I'm just not willing to spent it ......

A few years back a league I'm in now had similar issues were several people would raid the WW as soon as an injury happened. A lot of the league was not able to devote all afternoon to monitoring every game so they missed out on most of the good injury WW picks.

The next year the league started locking waivers late Sunday morning until after the WW draft on Wednesday morning. Gave everyone a fair shot at the waivers.

A few years back a league I'm in now had similar issues were several people would raid the WW as soon as an injury happened. A lot of the league was not able to devote all afternoon to monitoring every game so they missed out on most of the good injury WW picks.

The next year the league started locking waivers late Sunday morning until after the WW draft on Wednesday morning. Gave everyone a fair shot at the waivers.

+1 :D Suggest this as a rule change for your lame WW next year.

Edited by cre8tiff

Sorta lame FMHPOV. Either you are a dedicated FF owner, or you are not. Nothing in life is fair and it shouldn't be in FF either.

My longtime league has FA pickup all day everyday. Every owner is there Sunday watching the games and grabbing the the available 'hot' guy or backup to an injured guy. Everyone likes the way we do it and we have been doing it for a very long time. All depends on what type of owners one has in ones league I guess.

Sorta lame FMHPOV. Either you are a dedicated FF owner, or you are not. Nothing in life is fair and it shouldn't be in FF either.

You can most certainly be a dedicated FF owner, yet be unable to access the WW at the drop of a hat. If every owner in the league has nothing better to do every Sunday but watch football, thats great. Just be sure to change your WW name to Free-For-All, and get rid of that ridiculous number next to your Waiver Wire Priority. I'm willing to bet leagues like that are few and far between though.