[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's back! Alexander to practice

I'm Rick James Bitch

Doesn't sound as promising as earlier reports. Rotoworld just reported this:

The Associated Press reports Shaun Alexander (questionable) still has a crack in the fourth metatarsal of his injured foot.

"There is a chance...he'll be active," Seahawks head coach Mike Holmgren said. "He can do most of the stuff." Despite returning to practice fully on Wednesday, Alexander is still clearly not fully healthy.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...port=NFL&id=555

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't sound as promising as earlier reports. Rotoworld just reported this:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...port=NFL&id=555

It doesn't look good. I bet Alexander will play, but only get limited carries. Maybe 10-15, leaning more toward 10. I wonder if Alexander has been going home every night and doing jumping jacks and wearing "flip-flops" all day long instead of nursing his injury??? It seems like he is really healing much slower than normal. :D

Shaun Alexander (questionable, foot) returned to practice fully Wednesday and "appears ready" to play Sunday at San Francisco.

His snaps and touches could be limited but he still seems likely to take all the goal-line carries. If he splits the load with Maurice Morris, it wouldn't be a surprise to see them get 15 carries apiece Sunday.

I think I am gonna wait for the week to move along a little more and see what Alexander has come out of his mouth before making my final decision. if he says he(Alexander) is 100 percent and wants to take the load this week I think the coaches will give him between 18 and 20 carries(in which case he is a definate start for me). if he says he is gonna take it slow I would expect between 10-15 carries(in which case I may not play him).

One thing is for sure..there is gonna either be a bunch of very happy Alexander owners this week or a bunch of owners telling everyone how Alexander cost them the season this week in the ole huddle message board.

The Thursday UPDATE:

* Matt Hasselbeck and Shaun Alexander were both upgraded to questionable on the injury report after practicing Wednesday, but their actual chances of playing in Week 11 appear to be much different. Hasselbeck worked with the scout-team defense at practice, while Seneca Wallace took first-team reps, and reportedly showed a noticeable limp at times when trying to move in the pocket.

Coach Mike Holmgren said he'll make a decision on the team's starter Friday, which seemingly makes Wallace an excellent bet to get the call for at least one more week. Holmgren did indicate that Hasselbeck could serve as Wallace's backup even if he's unable to start, which opens the door for a mid-game change if the Seahawks happen to struggle against the 49ers.

Meanwhile, Alexander practiced fully and Holmgren said afterward that "there's a good chance he'll be active" and "can do most of the stuff." However, Holmgren also indicated that Alexander will likely split carries with Maurice Morris—with Alexander more likely to get any goal-line chances—which means he won't be a legitimate RB1 play until at least Week 12.

* Willis McGahee was pleased to be "walking upright" Wednesday, but coach Dick Jauron told reporters that McGahee "won't get on the field for us this week, even in practice." Barring a miraculous recovery, it looks like McGahee's broken ribs will keep him out for at least two more weeks, giving Anthony Thomas an extended chance to revive his declining career.

Thomas rushed for 95 yards and a touchdown on 20 carries after relieving McGahee in Week 9 and looked very solid starting in his place last week, carrying 28 times for 109 yards. Of course, a 100-yard effort is slightly less impressive when it comes against the historically bad Colts run defense, but Thomas has another favorable matchup against the Texans in Week 11.

:bash:

I've got either Shaun Alexander or Ladell Betts to start this week at my Oflex position. I think I'll lean towards starting Betts and wait for Alexander's week 12 MNF game against the Packers. :D:D

November 17, 2006, 18:05

Seahawks :: QB, RB

QB Hasselbeck, RB Alexander Will Be GTDs

Associated Press, ESPN.com - [Full Article]

QB Matt Hasselbeck and RB Shaun Alexander began practicing this week for the first time since suffering their respective injuries. HC Mike Holmgren will not say for sure how much playing time, if any at all, the players will get. To keep the 49ers guessing the Seahawks have listed them as game time decisions.