[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 14 DST

kingfish247

Chiefs vs. BAL

Jets vs. BUF

Falcons @ TB

Titans @ HOU

49ers vs. GB

Lions vs. MIN

Chiefs not a good matchup but play tough at home.

Jets not spectacular but get the job done especially at home. BUF O is a turnover and sack factory.

Falcons looking to make push for playoffs and TB O is awful.

Titans bend but don't break. Give up lots of yards but the turnovers/sacks/DTDs have been there and HOU allows lots of those.

49ers, a stretch but play tough at home. GB O stinks.

Lions, a real stretch but not if Bollinger starts and Chester Taylor is out.

thoughts?

DTD=6pts, TOs=2pts, Sack=1pt with bonus @ 4+sacks, bonuses based on pts allowed and yds allowed.

Edited by kingfish247

Chiefs vs. BAL

Jets vs. BUF

Falcons @ TB

Titans @ HOU

49ers vs. GB

Lions vs. MIN

Jets not spectacular but get the job done especially at home. BUF O is a turnover and sack factory.

Titans bend but don't break. Give up lots of yards but the turnovers/sacks/DTDs have been there and HOU allows lots of those.

thoughts?

DTD=6pts, TOs=2pts, Sack=1pt with bonus @ 4+sacks, bonuses based on pts allowed and yds allowed.

Some decent options here. Here's how I rank them -

Titans - hot D and O in Tenny lately and HOU's O is a mess. Should translate for some nice points.

49ers - have been solid at home and Favre has been playing terribly. Not sure they get it together this week making the 49ers a nice plug and play.

Lions - keep an eye on this as Bollinger is out and the QB will be Tavaris Jackson with Fason the RB. Should be a long day for Minnesota. I'd take the Lions if the injury report shakes out before Sunday.

i like TITANS this week vs stagnant Texans defense, and you KNOW they will get many sacks !!

interesting, didn't think the Titans would get much consideration.

actually the Titans are the 12th best DST according to my scoring format over the last 4 weeks, 57pts. It's a bit skewed b/c they had a 27pt game in week 11 vs. PHI.

:D

Chiefs vs. BAL

Jets vs. BUF

Falcons @ TB

Titans @ HOU

49ers vs. GB

Lions vs. MIN

thoughts?

I'd say Tenn or SF. I had that choice and took SF since they are home and usually D's perform better at home. In their 6 home games they've had 4 double digit games. And the two they didn't were against Philly early and SD who are/were two of the best O's in football. With Favre making mistakes I like SF but clearly Tenn is a very solid option as well.

Edited by giantsfan

I got a similar situation. Except i currently own MIAMI and VIKES D.. i picked up the vikes D for this week but if Chester and Brad Johnson are out, could mean they're defence is on the field alot of the game. So my 2nd choice right now is Tennessee.... The reason i LOOOVE the vikes, cuz 2 times ive started a D vs Lions and that Defence had a hge week over 20 points. they give up alot of sacks

ok, did a pretty exhaustive breakdown. Note: this is based on my scoring format...

Jets... 5 straight games of 11 or more points (20, 15, 11, 15, and 16). Very consistent. Buffalo has been consistently bad in allowing DST points.... 17pts per game, 19pts per AWAY game. BUF hasn't allowed anything less than 10.

SF... very up and down. Over the past 5 games they've steadily declined... 23, 21, 18, 10, and 3. GB is up and down in allowing DST points. Since GB's bye they have allowed to DSTs... 6, 2, 24, 4, 25, 15, and 16. GB allows on average 12pts to opposing DSTs. On the road they actually fare better allowing only 11pts. Add the loss of Derek Smith and I don't like SF in this spot.

TEN... up and down as well. Over the past 6 weeks... 32, 4, 11, 27, 10, and 10. HOU is pretty generous to opposing DSTs allowing 17pts per game, but fare better at HOME allowing 13pts. Going with TEN seems high risk, high reward because when HOU played @ TEN earlier this season TEN DST scored 32pts.

ATL... pretty bad overall. In 4 of the past 8 weeks, ATL DST has gone under 10pts. TB is pretty generous to opposing DSTs allowing 18pts per game, 16pts per game at HOME.

I think i've narrowed it to the Jets or Titans. It's really a question of consistency. Titans has a chance to go well over 20pts but could go as low as 10. Jets will probably stay right in the 15-20pt range. :D