[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Iverson to be traded.

ebartender

Iverson is not a point guard.

Why not? Because he can score? He averages 7-8 assists per game. He can play PG or SG. He penetrates and dishes effectively.

Was Magic a PG or no because he could play other positions and did.

Great PG's can pass or score. Wait to you see him in Denver. I bet he average 9+ assists here on out.

I live Denver to take it all with one caveat, injuries.

uh, ok - AI is a talented GUARD who can play either the 1 or 2. You put him in a situation with guys that can actually play, and score- he can distribute the ball, as evidenced when he plays for team USA. He averages 7.3 this year on an awful team, 6.1 assists over his career- he is flat out a player- label him whatever you want. Wade, LBJ, kobe, Arenas...... tell me exactly what positions they play?

watch his assist numbers go up, especially when Melo is back

Edited by wildcat2334

Why not? Because he can score? He averages 7-8 assists per game. He can play PG or SG. He penetrates and dishes effectively.

Was Magic a PG or no because he could play other positions and did.

Great PG's can pass or score. Wait to you see him in Denver. I bet he average 9+ assists here on out.

I live Denver to take it all with one caveat, injuries.

Listen, I am a hugh Iverson fan and I hate to see him go even though it was time. But you are fooling yourself if you think he is going to turn into any kind of point guard all of a sudden. I have watched him his entire career and he is a born scorer, but he does not make other players better and he is a defensive liability. Maybe with the team in Denver they can overcome his defensive shortcomings. Iverson is not a high percentage shooter. He gets his points from a high volume of shots. Will both Iverson and Anthony be able to get the amount of shots they need? If not then what happens? As far as the PG thing, he averages 6 assists per game over his career. The main reason I brought up the PG arguement was that not too long ago, the Sixers wanted Iverson to play PG and he refused saying that he was not a point guard he was a shooting guard or something along those lines. I believe it was when they drafted Larry Hughes and wanted Hughes to play 2 guard. Instead the Sixers wound up trading Hughes. The same thing happened with Stackhouse early in Iverson's career. I hope everything works out and I am now a Nuggets fan just because of Iverson, but there is potential for problems in Denver.

Edited by ebartender

well, he will be now. he pretty much has to be with andre miller gone. the starting backcourt will be AI and JR smith (once he's back from his 10 game suspension) -- JR smith is a pure 2. you'll see a lot of AI and boykins (a pure point) to close out games....but for probably two thirds of his minutes here AI will have to be playing the point.

I will look forward to catch a few games, and see how Mellow and AI play together. For some reason I don’t see this as a successful tandem. But will see. One formula for success in the NBA is you need 2 superstars to win it all. And that is what Denver has. I just think there will not be enough basketballs on the court for both of them. And AI will have to learn that he will be robin not batman like in Philly. If AI is willing to play that role, things should go real well. But if he thinks he is still batman, this will blowup in a bad way.

Edited by whitem0nkey

I will look forward to catch a few games, and see how Mellow and AI play together. For some reason I don’t see this as a successful tandem. But will see. One formula for success in the NBA is you need 2 superstars to win it all. And that is what Denver has. I just think there will not be enough basketballs on the court for both of them. And AI will have to learn that the will be robin not batman like in Philly. If AI is willing to play that role, things should go real well. But if he thinks he is still batman, this will blowup in a bad way.

George Karl had a lot of success in the mid-90s meshing a lot of egos on the Sonics. It will be interesting to see what happens. Mello would have to be an idiot to not like this addition.

Melo and Iverson sounds good right now. But this situation has problem written all over it.

That's a cynical attitude :D ... Who says thugs can't get along? Maybe AI can help Melo with his backpeddling -- not for defense, but for after throwing suckerpunches ... or maybe school him on the best way to lock his naked wife out of the house? Melo's only scratched the surface of causing distractions and avoiding championships -- AI's a legend at it. :D