[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Iverson to be traded.

ebartender

According to Sixers chairman Ed Snider Allen Iverson will be traded. They interviewed Iverson's teammates and all seemed like it was all but a done deal. It looks like Iverson has played his last game with the Sixers. It will be a sad day for all Sixers fans.

I really hate to see him go, but I think it is time. As long as the players the Sixers get back have contracts that expire in a year I will be happy. Now they just have to find takers for Webber. Hopefully the Sixers can get a 1st round pick in return for Iverson too.

I really hate to see him go, but I think it is time. As long as the players the Sixers get back have contracts that expire in a year I will be happy. Now they just have to find takers for Webber. Hopefully the Sixers can get a 1st round pick in return for Iverson too.

The big rumours are he is going to Minne.

If I was a sixer fan and I walked away with Minne's 2 rookies this year( I believe it is Foye and Smith) and next years 1st I would be happy for the future. maybe they can even get Ricky Davis thrown in there with the calibur of Iverson.

If something like that happened I would be a very happy Sixer fan.

The big rumours are he is going to Minne.

If I was a sixer fan and I walked away with Minne's 2 rookies this year( I believe it is Foye and Smith) and next years 1st I would be happy for the future. maybe they can even get Ricky Davis thrown in there with the calibur of Iverson.

If something like that happened I would be a very happy Sixer fan.

I would love to see Iverson and Garnett playing together. Iverson will finally have another star so we can see what he can really do.

I would love to see Iverson and Garnett playing together. Iverson will finally have another star so we can see what he can really do.

Likewise for Garnett. However, there's no way Minny is giving up Foye, Smith and Davis for Iverson. Not a chance in hell.

And we don't have a first rounder next year, assuming we make the playoffs because we traded both the pick and Sam Casselles to the Clippers for Marko Jaric. :D

And we don't have one the year after that either because we owe Boston one, IIRC. :D

:D

Ooh to the gods that control the minds of basketball GMs. Please Letteth there be an unlikely, but oh so tantalizing three way deal between the Sixers, the TWolves, and the Celtic land both AI and KG in Celtics Green. Giveth away the youth and createth us a dynasty once again!!

Pierce.

Iverson.

Garnett.

Season Tickets.

Ooh to the gods that control the minds of basketball GMs. Please Letteth there be an unlikely, but oh so tantalizing three way deal between the Sixers, the TWolves, and the Celtic land both AI and KG in Celtics Green. Giveth away the youth and createth us a dynasty once again!!

Pierce.

Iverson.

Garnett.

Season Tickets.

I would think the salary cap would make that impossible. Also, does Boston really have that much young talent to land both?

No, we already got much of it in last year's Szczerbiak trade.

Not even remotely true. Boston still has all the best pieces of their young talent.

EB, I dunno if it's enough talent. What I do know (or at least have been hearing on the rumor mill for a while) is that both of those players (AI and KG) are unhappy with their situations and both teams (Phi and Min) are going nowhere.

The salary cap could be made to work with 3 teams involved. The Celts could never get both players dealing individually with both teams.

And this is all me making stuff up anyways...so as I said before:

Go Danny!

What I do know (or at least have been hearing on the rumor mill for a while) is that both of those players (AI and KG) are unhappy with their situations and both teams (Phi and Min) are going nowhere.

Not even remotely true. The Wolves have begun to gel with Garnett, Davis and James. We'd be fools to turn Iverson down but not at any price.

Watching the pregame before my Heat get destroyed by the Suns in about 5 minutes, they said the Heat are actually in the mix for Iverson because they have expiring contracts of Posey and JWill to deal along with Twan (though who would want him?). As a Heat fan, if it gets Twan off the books, I'm all for it. Again, I don't see how as the Heat have no young tradeable assets, but we'll see I guess.

looks like Iverson has played his last game with the Sixers. It will be a sad day for all Sixers fans.

Yeah, just think of how many championships Sixer fans have enjoyed with AI ... :D

Or did you mean losing the opportunity to read about his idiocy in the local paper? :D

Bah. He's (one of) basketball's TOads.

Not even remotely true. The Wolves have begun to gel with Garnett, Davis and James. We'd be fools to turn Iverson down but not at any price.

:D These are just things that you hear on the rumor mill. Perhaps the mill in Minnie spins different things than the one in Boston, but KG wanting out has something that has had undertones for a while. Who knows the real truth?

:D These are just things that you hear on the rumor mill. Perhaps the mill in Minnie spins different things than the one in Boston, but KG wanting out has something that has had undertones for a while. Who knows the real truth?

KG is gone at the end of this season if the Wolves aren't competitive. He will leave with the well wishes of every Wolves fan ringing in his ears. If any player deserves a ring, it is KG.

If the Wolves land Iverson, he'll stay as long as AI does. FTI, the Wolves front office has ben ordered by the owner to say nothing on the AI subject, so I think they are looking to make a real run at him.

Yeah, just think of how many championships Sixer fans have enjoyed with AI ... :D

Or did you mean losing the opportunity to read about his idiocy in the local paper? :D

Bah. He's (one of) basketball's TOads.

Could not disagree more. AI has played with nothing but stiffs in Philly, and put a team on his back to the finals. Guy is a warrior, plays hard all the time, and is a phenomenal ballplayer. I could care less about AI off the court- to my knowlegde he has no criminal past, on the court he is a freak.

Little guy dominates the ball, and shoots to much, most of these superstars do. I for one, love watching him play, and he is one of the few guys I would pay to watch play.

One of the best players on the planet in the last 10 years. I hope he goes to playoff bound team, Nuggets, Minny, would love to see him and KG together.......anywhere but effin Miami.

Could not disagree more. AI has played with nothing but stiffs in Philly, and put a team on his back to the finals. Guy is a warrior, plays hard all the time, and is a phenomenal ballplayer. I could care less about AI off the court- to my knowlegde he has no criminal past, on the court he is a freak.

Little guy dominates the ball, and shoots to much, most of these superstars do. I for one, love watching him play, and he is one of the few guys I would pay to watch play.

One of the best players on the planet in the last 10 years. I hope he goes to playoff bound team, Nuggets, Minny, would love to see him and KG together.......anywhere but effin Miami.

I think he had some run-ins with the law either right before going to Georgetown or perhaps during college. Something about a bowling alley down in his hometown (Newport News area of Virginia). Too lazy to Google it at the moment, but I certainly recall something. It wasn't a huge issue... just inner-city kids being inner-city kids.

But yeah, he is a warrior. He leaves it on the court and gives 100% without question.

I hope he goes to a winner.

Looks like it's Denver, deal agreed upon.

The Answer

very interesting! :D that should help with the lack of offense, losing carmelo and JR for 10-15 games.

i was hoping though that andre miller wouldn't be part of this deal. i thought him and iverson would actually make a great backcourt duo. andre obviously looks to pass first, shoot last...and he's strong enough to guard most 2s or 1s, so having him around would help to cover any of AI's defensive liabilities. now...you can bet karl is going to play AI and earl boykins together a LOT, which....they won't be able to cover ANYONE. the nuggets better plan on scoring 120 a night.

I like this deal for the Sixers. They get two 1st rounders and a solid point guard. Hopefully Joe Smith's contract expires soon. I believe the Sixers could have a pick from Atlanta coming to them too which could give them 4 1st round picks.

yeah i think it works for both teams based on where the respective franchises are at. and yeah, joe smith expires after this season, i believe. if not this season, next. that's why he's in this deal. andre miller is a nice player, but i feel bad for him having to go to a "rebuilding" situation. oh well, the 19 million he's got coming over the next two seasons should help console him.

yeah i think it works for both teams based on where the respective franchises are at. and yeah, joe smith expires after this season, i believe. if not this season, next. that's why he's in this deal. andre miller is a nice player, but i feel bad for him having to go to a "rebuilding" situation. oh well, the 19 million he's got coming over the next two seasons should help console him.

Yeah - time will tell how it shakes out - intially looks solid enough for both sides. Den poised to make a 2-3 year run at it, still not ready to challenge Phoe/SA/Dall. Pretty much have to have 2 superstars to win a title now days. AMiller, hmm, having a nice season so far, only 2 years left on his deal- not too bad. He is 30 though and most points guards start to decline around 32(cept Nash/AI), see how many good years he has left in him.

Will be interesting to watch this Den team now, wow will they be fun on O. If they can shore up their interior D- they will be tough.