[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Troy Smith Heisman winner 2006

sacosud

Yea, I'm a moron and you think that LSU is ranked in the Top 5 because of a f-in Hurricane! :D:bash:

Your damn right. :D LSU is not a top 5 team, and that seems to be the most logical reason, why the polls would put that over-rated team there. I hope Notre Dame waxes their ass. That would be justice.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trot Smith will join a long list of Heisman winners who do NOTHING or less in the NFL, he has NO shot at being an NFL QB

You'll be eating crow with this dumb statement. To say he has NO SHOT, is merely stupid. C.Krenzel got a shot to be an NFL QB, and you don't think Smith will?? :D

Kiper has him at #20 on his NFL draft board, i doubt someone would draft him in the first 2 rounds and not even give him a shot.

Trot Smith will join a long list of Heisman winners who do NOTHING or less in the NFL, he has NO shot at being an NFL QB

Hey he has alot better shot than you or I and I think with Vince's success some GM will be more than happy to give him a shot. I see him moving up to a early second or even late first right now. I think he would fit in real well in Carolina or Buffalo.

Hey he has alot better shot than you or I and I think with Vince's success some GM will be more than happy to give him a shot. I see him moving up to a early second or even late first right now. I think he would fit in real well in Carolina or Buffalo.

Vince is 6'5, not 5'11

That is the closest comparison between Troy Smith and Vince YOung.

Troy Smith is a shorter Akili Smith, and will be a huge bust at teh next level.

Vince is 6'5, not 5'11

I don't see how he'll be a bust, i don't think anyone nor myself expect much out of him in the NFL, but i'm stating, that he WILL get a chance unlike the other poster suggested.

I don't see how he'll be a bust, i don't think anyone nor myself expect much out of him in the NFL, but i'm stating, that he WILL get a chance unlike the other poster suggested.

Quincy Carter got a shot, so sure Troy will get drafted. Problem is he wont even enjoy the success carter had. That is all Im saying.

You'll be eating crow with this dumb statement. To say he has NO SHOT, is merely stupid. C.Krenzel got a shot to be an NFL QB, and you don't think Smith will?? :D

Kiper has him at #20 on his NFL draft board, i doubt someone would draft him in the first 2 rounds and not even give him a shot.

Any idea when JaMarcus Russell is projected to go in the draft?

Vince is 6'5, not 5'11

The stupidest part of your statements is the fact that the single thing that separates the guys who can QB at the NFL level and those who can't is basically unmeasurable. It's been proven time and time again. Drew Brees, too short, borderline arm strength, very good pro. Ryan Leaf, tall, amazing arm, total bust. Hell, everyone made a big deal that Vince Young completely bombed the wonderlick so people were concerned if he'd be able to grasp the game. Looks like he's doing OK. There is likely no position in the league that has more guys starting who came out of nowhere than at QB.

You can measure whether a guy will be at least good at defensive end. If he's 6'5" 280 and quick, you can pretty much take that to the bank. He may lack what it takes to be dominant but even if he's an absolute moron and head case, he'll still be able to start and produce. That can be said for a lot of position but not QB.

That is not to say that Troy Smith has what it takes but anyone who makes blanket statements that a guy is either can't miss or certain to fail is exposing himself as a total moron.

Mind you, that you've done so is not much of surprise to most of us.

Edited by detlef

you're right, what i meant to say is that he has no shot of being a SUCCESSFUL quarterback in the NFL, I'm sure someone will give him a shot though....

or at least a chance to be a WR :D

Well...I guess we all shall wait and see and yes he could end up being a bust or he might be a fine steal in the draft, either way there will not be a answer for quite some time from today. Troy Smith will always be looked upon highly in Columbus and never has to worry about jobs or money again regardless if he's in the NFL or not.

2006 Heisman Trophy Winner TROY SMITH has a nice ring to it.

3 time victor over Michigan.

:D

you're right, what i meant to say is that he has no shot of being a SUCCESSFUL quarterback in the NFL, I'm sure someone will give him a shot though....

or at least a chance to be a WR :clap:

I love the way guys hate on a guy that just had a tremendous year and collegiate career. He wins the most prestigious award in College football and we have guys who have no playing, coaching or scouting ability :D tearing him down and predicting him to be the next Akili Smith :bash:

:D Great Year Troy!

The stupidest part of your statements is the fact that the single thing that separates the guys who can QB at the NFL level and those who can't is basically unmeasurable. It's been proven time and time again. Drew Brees, too short, borderline arm strength, very good pro. Ryan Leaf, tall, amazing arm, total bust. Hell, everyone made a big deal that Vince Young completely bombed the wonderlick so people were concerned if he'd be able to grasp the game. Looks like he's doing OK. There is likely no position in the league that has more guys starting who came out of nowhere than at QB.

You can measure whether a guy will be at least good at defensive end. If he's 6'5" 280 and quick, you can pretty much take that to the bank. He may lack what it takes to be dominant but even if he's an absolute moron and head case, he'll still be able to start and produce. That can be said for a lot of position but not QB.

That is not to say that Troy Smith has what it takes but anyone who makes blanket statements that a guy is either can't miss or certain to fail is exposing himself as a total moron.

Mind you, that you've done so is not much of surprise to most of us.

Drew Brees has heart, with talent. Inst a thug, and is a pillar of his community. Troy Smith is a thug, who benefits from the best skill positions in the country, behind an OL that doesnt get him touched. This dude on say Minnesota, goes undrafted and has to try and get a real job in a month. If he is drafted, he will fail. If he goes undrafted he will probably be in the pen in 5 years like his boy Clarett.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Drew Brees has heart, with talent. Inst a thug, and is a pillar of his community. Troy Smith is a thug, who benefits from the best skill positions in the country, behind an OL that doesnt get him touched. This dude on say Minnesota, goes undrafted and has to try and get a real job in a month. If he is drafted, he will fail. If he goes undrafted he will probably be in the pen in 5 years like his boy Clarett.

LOL...A thug???? LOL...I love the Sarge always trying to stir the pot...God Bless ya Sarge. I would say Troy coming from where he has come from shows he has some heart and grit. Troy been arrested??? Troy been busted for anything??? Some jack hole offers to pay a bill and now he's a thug??? How many freshmen with bills not playing would not have been tempted and or take that offer. Troy made his mistake and paid for it moved on and became the best QB in OSU history. Clarett and Troy are not boys either and my opinion is Troy was the ANTI-Clarett, Mo went the other direction after his mistake and OSU addressed that issue.

I would venture to say Sarge has issues with Troy due to AP getting no respect and not even being mentioned after his injury. I feel for you Sarge, I mean OU looks strong coming into the season and because Bomar takes thousands(THUG) and AP gets hurt, all of a sudden OU plays in the Orange Bowl against the Blue Turf Warriors. OU losses 1 game they are jobbed on against Oregon and they play in the joke BCS game....I guess the Sooners just get lack of respect. OU beats Boise, so what they are suppose too!!!!! OU loses ouch and they get clowned....I understand your pain little guy it's okay.

Troy Smith Heisman trophy winner 2006 say it with me Sarge....lol...I'm suprised Troy did not steal the trophy. The Thug in him has been turned away again.

Time will tell how Smith will do in the NFL, but he will get his shot, and he has the skills to succeed, but with QB's we really don't know- see VY- I can admit I thought he was 2-3 years away from being a solid NFL QB.

Troy SMith a thug? b/c as a 20 year old kid, he took $500 from a booster??- :D wake up dummy.

Smith is a nice story, the kid worked his tail off, and he seems like he has a good head on his shoulders.

I'd take him in Cleveland over Frye and I'm a Michigan fan. Smith to Edwards all day long.

The Heisman is given to the best college football player, not the best NFL prospect. The best NFL prosects are drafted early in April. I don't think Smith is worth a first-round pick.

Look at Jason White out of Oklahoma. I don't even think he got drafted at all.

I'd take him in Cleveland over Frye and I'm a Michigan fan. Smith to Edwards all day long.

The Heisman is given to the best college football player, not the best NFL prospect. The best NFL prosects are drafted early in April. I don't think Smith is worth a first-round pick.

Look at Jason White out of Oklahoma. I don't even think he got drafted at all.

Not sure if everyone would agree, but IMO the difference in playing football in college vs. the NFL is very much like the difference in playing junior high football vs. high school. That once great little QB in the 6th grade that only needed to hand off the ball and could run away from anyone in junior high often finds out in HS that he's no longer able to get away from that goofy old kid that now can take him down with one hand and his HS coach requires him to have other skills like throwing the ball.

Smith was surrounded by great talent. And didnt get touched in the pocket behind that line. In the NFL, that wont be the case, and you will see how he locks onto receivers to long, and his lack of size and passing skills into tight coverage will be exposed.

Just because he only got caught once, doesnt mean he only cheated once. And what did most think of Clarett while he was still in school.

Smith was surrounded by great talent. And didnt get touched in the pocket behind that line. In the NFL, that wont be the case, and you will see how he locks onto receivers to long, and his lack of size and passing skills into tight coverage will be exposed.

Just because he only got caught once, doesnt mean he only cheated once. And what did most think of Clarett while he was still in school.

Well I think Clarett has proven his worth and reliability since the original fiasco. And since you have no facts backing up your speculation I am having a hard time buying what you are selling.

I dont understand why people argue about things that are impossible to know.

Well I think Clarett has proven his worth and reliability since the original fiasco. And since you have no facts backing up your speculation I am having a hard time buying what you are selling.

I dont understand why people argue about things that are impossible to know.

Call it a hunch, but I know he is a punk. :D