[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick - it's all about loyalty and the team

DMD

Only in a Vick thread, can a noncommital answer about a coach whose loyalty to the QB was never in question, be even debated as Vick not "throwing him under the bus".

Actually TVH, you must not have been paying much attention to the Falcons this season, because the coaches loyalty not only to the team, but to the QB as well, is VERY much in question.

Mora also endured an awkward situation created by his father. The senior Mora, also speaking on a radio show, agreed with a co-host that Vick was a "coach killer."

Vick was clearly upset by the comment and left to wonder if the father's opinion was influenced by private comments from Atlanta's coach, who worked hard to patch up any rift by saying he would take Vick over anyone in NFL history if he was starting a team.

Actually TVH, you must not have been paying much attention to the Falcons this season, because the coaches loyalty not only to the team, but to the QB as well, is VERY much in question.

You're right, unlike you I do not watch every single play of every single game every single week... So I MUST not have been paying much attention. :D

You quote states Mora's DAD made comments about Vick, then SPECULATES that MAYBE it was based off a conversation that MIGHT have happened privately and yet goes on to say Mora Jr worked hard to put that fire out... that's what you have as far as Mora JR NOT backing up Vick?

Good one!

~lots of typos fixed!!~

Edited by The Vatican Hitsquad

You're right, unlike you I do not watch every single play of eery single game every single week... So I MUST not hav ebeen paying much attention. :D

:D

This was a really pointless sentence TVH. It's obvious you're wanting to drag up stuff from other threads that have no relevance and bring it into this thread. :bash:

Knowing what is said by analysts & reporters regarding teams during the week, has NOTHING to do with watching the games on Sunday.

You quote states Mora's DAD made comments about Vick, then SPECULATES that MAYBE it was based off a conversation that MIGHT have happened privately and yet goes on to say Mora Jr worked hard to put that fire out... that's what you have as far as Mora JR NOT backing up Vick?

Good one!

:tup:

It's got nothing to do with "what I have" TVH. Earlier this year we also saw Knapp blaming Vick for the offenses limitations & Mora Jr never reprimanded his OC. Of course the very next game, Vick had a career day passing on the Steelers.

This is what has been reported & said both nationally & here in Atlanta. How come Mora did nothing to defuse Knapp's comments when he criticized Vick? Why do you think Mora Jr had to try so hard to put out that fire cause by his fathers comments? Sorry you're so out of the loop guy. :clap:

But again, only in a Vick thread, can a noncommital answer about a coach whose loyalty to the team is in serious doubt, be turned around and become a "throwing under the bus" answer. :doh:

This was a really pointless sentence TVH. It's obvious you're wanting to drag up stuff from other threads that have no relevance and bring it into this thread.

Knowing what is said by analysts & reporters regarding teams during the week, has NOTHING to do with watching the games on Sunday.

Of course I do, I will bring up your ridiculous claim as often as I feel appropriate. And since you mentioned I had not been paying close enough attention to the Falcon games all season, I felt it WAS appropriate to mention that unlike you, I do not watch every play of every single game every single week. :D

It's got nothing to do with "what I have" TVH. Earlier this year we also saw Knapp blaming Vick for the offenses limitations & Mora Jr never reprimanded his OC. Of course the very next game, Vick had a career day passing on the Steelers.

This is what has been reported & said both nationally & here in Atlanta. How come Mora did nothing to defuse Knapp's comments when he criticized Vick? Why do you think Mora Jr had to try so hard to put out that fire cause by his fathers comments? Sorry you're so out of the loop guy.

Mora has to difure what other people say in order to back up his QB? Him publicly backing him up and supporting him in every post game interview isn't enough?

But again, only in a Vick thread, can a noncommital answer about a coach whose loyalty to the QB was never in question, be even debated as Vick not "throwing him under the bus". :D

Of course I do, I will bring up your ridiculous claim as often as I feel appropriate. And since you mentioned I had not been paying close enough attention to the Falcon games all season, I felt it WAS appropriate to mention that unlike you, I do not watch every play of every single game every single week. :D

Mora has to difure what other people say in order to back up his QB? Him publicly backing him up and supporting him in every post game interview isn't enough?

But again, only in a Vick thread, can a noncommital answer about a coach whose loyalty to the QB was never in question, be even debated as Vick not "throwing him under the bus". :D

1) That is a tough question and his answer isn't completely disrespectful.

2) Mora went on a radio show and said he'd leave the team now to coach at the University of Washington, and no I don't buy the half-assed retraction.

3) Mora's father called Vick a "coach killer" on national radio.

4) Mora has played a major role in drafting the worst receiving corps in the NFL for Vick to throw to.

5) Vick seemed thoughtful and honest in his answer, and I'll take that over "No comment" anyday.

Of course I do, I will bring up your ridiculous claim as often as I feel appropriate. And since you mentioned I had not been paying close enough attention to the Falcon games all season,

:bash:

Didn't say anything about the Falcons GAMES guy...I said you haven't been paying attention to the Falcons period.

Actually TVH, you must not have been paying much attention to the Falcons this season

That's all encompassing home cheese, not just the games. I was really referring to you not paying attention to what's going on with the Falcons internally, which you obviously haven't been.

I felt it WAS appropriate to mention that unlike you, I do not watch every play of every single game every single week. :clap:

Sounds to me like that's your own personal problem guy, not mine. :D

Mora has to difure defuse what other people say in order to back up his QB?
Uhhh...please tell me you're kidding.

When it's the Head Coaches own Offensive Coordinator who is blasting the teams QB, uhhhh yeah, damn straight the HC needs to step in & defuse the situation. :D

Him publicly backing him up and supporting him in every post game interview isn't enough?

But again, only in a Vick thread, can a noncommital answer about a coach whose loyalty to the QB was never in question, be even debated as Vick not "throwing him under the bus". :tup:

As you've already been shown, but want to gloss over & dismiss, the coaches loyalty not only to the team, but his QB, has been brought into serious question, both locally & nationally.

That's what I meant when I said you've obviously not paying close attention to the Falcons. But since it doesn't fit with what YOU want to believe, or how YOU want to read it, it's easier for you to downplay & dismiss it, right?

As far as Vick publicly backing Mora, he's previously been one of Mora's staunchest public supporters, but now that Mora was / is going to be / has been fired, Vick gave a noncommital answer.

It's called tippy toeing around the owners decision. You know, the guy who signs off on anything & everything to do with the Falcons.

It's not Vick's place, or for that matter, any other players place, to tell an owner what to do through the press.

Surely even YOU can understand that?

Didn't say anything about the Falcons GAMES guy...I said you haven't been paying attention to the Falcons period.

That's all encompassing home cheese, not just the games. I was really referring to you not paying attention to what's going on with the Falcons internally, which you obviously haven't been.

Oh... I didn't realise I had to watch all the plays, of all the games, every week AND listen to every interview in order to really get an idea what was really going on there.

Sounds to me like that's your own personal problem guy, not mine

I guess it is my problem if I do not have your incrediable super power to be able to watch all that football every week. :D

Uhhh...please tell me you're kidding.

When it's the Head Coaches own Offensive Coordinator who is blasting the teams QB, uhhhh yeah, damn straight the HC needs to step in & defuse the situation. :D

As you've already been shown, but want to gloss over & dismiss, the coaches loyalty not only to the team, but his QB, has been brought into serious question, both locally & nationally.

I don't think Mora JR has ever said anythign to the media when asked or otherwise, that was anythign close to NOT being "Vick is our QB; Vick is great, etc. Do you have anythign besides him not sufficiantly difusing any situation in your mind? I mean, your used speculation as proof earlier, and that's your opinion. But it's not mine.

As far as Vick publicly backing Mora, he's previously been one of Mora's staunchest public supporters, but now that Mora was / is going to be / has been fired, Vick gave a noncommital answer.
Cuz he's such a stand up guy to a coach that has done nothign but back him up for years.