[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick - it's all about loyalty and the team

DMD

I thought Vick dropped a couple of gems.

About his sprained ankle:

"It's pretty tough to walk right now," Vick said. "I'll probably be limping around for the next couple of weeks. But the good thing is, I get the chance to rest."

Errr... good that you can rest BECAUSE YOU MISSED THE PLAYOFFS...

About his headcoach that has always defended him possibly being on the hot seat and what he would say if owner Arthur Blank asked him if Mora should return for 2007:

"Honestly, I really couldn't tell you what I'd say right now," Vick said. "I'd have to give it some thought and really evaluate what went down and what happened."

Nothing like throwing Mora under the bus when he has spent his coaching career as a Vick proponent and apologist. Does Vick think he is going to get a new HC that will cater to him more?

I thought Vick dropped a couple of gems.

About his sprained ankle:

Errr... good that you can rest BECAUSE YOU MISSED THE PLAYOFFS...

About his headcoach that has always defended him possibly being on the hot seat and what he would say if owner Arthur Blank asked him if Mora should return for 2007:

Nothing like throwing Mora under the bus when he has spent his coaching career as a Vick proponent and apologist. Does Vick think he is going to get a new HC that will cater to him more?

looks like MV is entering TO land....

The Falcons HAVE to get someone who has an idea of how to maximize Vick's ability, whether or not he actually is the best head man. They have hitched their wagon to a flawed, high-maintainance player and now have to build their coaching staff around him.

It was Washington not Mich. and it was Vick's fault.

Mora was tired of being strapped to a coach-killer at QB

My bad just watched the Michigan vs USC game.

If Mora's dad hadn't talked and Mora himself not put his dedication to the club in question, Vick might've been a little more "loyal".

The Falcons HAVE to get someone who has an idea of how to maximize Vick's ability, whether or not he actually is the best head man. They have hitched their wagon to a flawed, high-maintainance player and now have to build their coaching staff around him.

Are you sure that Mora did NOT maximize Vick's abilities?

My bad just watched the Michigan vs USC game.

If Mora's dad hadn't talked and Mora himself not put his dedication to the club in question, Vick might've been a little more "loyal".

Vick should be "loyal" to his teammates by being a much needed leader in such a situation. Instead he's throwing everyone under the bus in his attempt to deflect any blame from himself.

I was so excited when Arthur Blank bought the team because we would finally have an owner who cares. And I believed that Mora Jr and Vick both had the talent to take the Falcons all the way. It was disheartening to watch a talented club crash and burn like they did this year.

While getting rid of Mora Jr is a start, I really don't hold out any hope until Vick is just a bad memory. I really hope they find a way to get rid of him prior to next season.

Falcons owner Arthur Blank said he would prefer to hire a coach that can be with a franchise for years, like Pittsburgh's Bill Cowher or Tennessee's Jeff Fisher — candidates that would be at the top of a wish list if they were available. They're not. Instead, assistant coaches such as Pittsburgh offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt, an Atlanta native who played at Georgia Tech and for the Falcons; Tennessee offensive coordinator Norm Chow; San Francisco assistant head coach Mike Singletary, and Chargers offensive coordinator Cam Cameron are likely choices to be interviewed.

Falcons owner Arthur Blank did not rule out a college head coach, which is why Louisville's Bobby Petrino, Oklahoma's Bob Stoops or Iowa's Kirk Ferentz, whose son is on the Falcons' practice squad, might be considered.

www.ajc.com

Errr... good that you can rest BECAUSE YOU THE FALCONS MISSED THE PLAYOFFS...

Fixed it for ya DMD :D

Unless of course, it's your contention that the sole reason the Falcons missed the playoffs, is due to the play of their QB. :D

As far as Vick's comments when asked about Mora, maybe I'm not seeing what you're seeing, but the quote looks carefully noncommittal to me.

While I don't see Vick giving Mora a ringing endorsement in that quote, neither do I see Vick blaming Mora.

Is it because Vick did not come out publicly slobbering Mora's knob, that makes you think he's throwing him under the bus?

Is it because Vick did not come out publicly slobbering Mora's knob, that makes you think he's throwing him under the bus?

After the knob slobbering Mora did on Vick over the passed few years, you think he would at least give the man a reach around when he was obviously on the public ropes.

After the knob slobbering Mora did on Vick over the passed few years, you think he would at least give the man a reach around when he was obviously on the public ropes.

Since you responded to my question, I guess what you're saying is, because Vick didn't get on his knees & slob Mora's knob, that equals Vick throwing him under the bus.

Yeah...uhhh...Ok... :D

not directly, but the question was obviously looking for Vick to either defend the coach or not. He chose not to.

Seemed to me the question was obviously looking to see if Vick would place blame for the Falcons losing season on his Coach or not. He chose not to.

Seemed to me the question was obviously looking to see if Vick would place blame for the Falcons losing season on his Coach or not. He chose not to.

See, I read it the opposite way. His answer was so non commital that it WAS a slam on the coach. When asked if the owner thoguht Vick thoguht Mora should return, why would he have to give it some thought to evaluate what REALLY happened? He's saying that maybe it was or maybe it wasn't, but he has to think about it for a while before he can know. That IS tossing him under the bus.

See, I read it the opposite way. His answer was so non commital that it WAS a slam on the coach. When asked if the owner thoguht Vick thoguht Mora should return, why would he have to give it some thought to evaluate what REALLY happened? He's saying that maybe it was or maybe it wasn't, but he has to think about it for a while before he can know. That IS tossing him under the bus.

:D

Only in a Vick thread, can a noncommital answer about a coach whose loyalty to the team is in serious question, be turned into a Vick is "throwing him under the bus" answer.

Only in a Vick thread, can a noncommital answer about a coach whose loyalty to the QB was never in question, be even debated as turned into a Vick not "throwing him under the bus" answer.

Only in a Vick thread, can a noncommital answer about a coach whose loyalty to the QB was never in question, be even debated as Vick not "throwing him under the bus".