[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints Rumor

myhousekey

Just got an email from a guy I know who works for the Saints. He said the word is Mike McKenzie just got in a car accident and is headed for the hospital.

Latest Update 3:31 PM: New Orleans radio WWL, Kenny Wilkerson, reporting/confirming Mike McKenzie was involved in accident and was taken to hospital for treatment.

Edited by myhousekey

There's a thread going on at saintsreport.com on this....

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12043

So far I've read:

"Its true! It happened at Labbare Rd and Airline.. He was driving his black mercedes and was hit by three cars. He was taken out on a strecher with back pains and something with his legs!!! It does not look good for the playoff game. Horrible news! I do not know whose fault the accident was. Don't kill the messenger"

Edited by myhousekey

There's a thread going on at saintsreport.com on this....

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12043

So far I've read:

"Its true! It happened at Labbare Rd and Airline.. He was driving his black mercedes and was hit by three cars. He was taken out on a strecher with back pains and something with his legs!!! It does not look good for the playoff game. Horrible news! I do not know whose fault the accident was. Don't kill the messenger"

I'm reading the same thing & listening to WWL. :D

I'm reading the same thing & listening to WWL. :D

Is WWL reporting anything? Seems like everyone that said they called their news desk was saying WWL said they did not report a wreck.

Edited by myhousekey

I believe McKenzie has a black caddie. So maybe its not him (unless he has a new car or the guy misreported the caddie for a mercedes).

Edited by myhousekey

I just had one of my employees walk over there and there was a wreck. He saw three banged up cars but no Mercedez. He saw a Cadillac, a Titan and a Corrola and none that looked like a football player would own. I don't know if this helps thats all he could get, the cops were still there.

Not sure if thats good news or bad news as I think he owns a black caddy.

Bad week to be a NFL CB.

You're such a pessimist. Me, however, being an optimist feels that this is a great week to be a corner. With all the problems going around with the CBs, more jobs are available. I mean hell even Pete Hunter found work playing for Seattle against his old team.

You're such a pessimist. Me, however, being an optimist feels that this is a great week to be a corner. With all the problems going around with the CBs, more jobs are available. I mean hell even Pete Hunter found work playing for Seattle against his old team.

If you're the kind to dance on someone's grave, hey, so be it. Glad I'm not one of your co-workers.

Sorry to say, it is true. he was involved. it's not bad though. he was taken into the hospital on a stretcher for precautinary measures. All involved said the wreck was not bad. The back of his cadillac is banged up, and he is gone from the scene.
:fingerscrossed:

If you're the kind to dance on someone's grave, hey, so be it. Glad I'm not one of your co-workers.

That was in jest kiddo, it was more about Hunter getting work and playing against the Boys. :D

WWL reporting MM was involved in accident and was taken to hospital for treatment.

LOL, beat you to the punch on SR.com, but my post will likely get deleted since I was razzing the other posters in the first thread that got locked. :D

LOL, beat you to the punch on SR.com, but my post will likely get deleted since I was razzing the other posters in the first thread that got locked. :D

They were pretty quick on the draw over there to consolidate our posts. Now if I can just Josh Gordon through the 15 pages of Monty Python quotes to find actual info. Of course you had a pretty good synopsis on page 15. :D

Edited by myhousekey

They were pretty quick on the draw over there to consolidate our posts. Now if I can just Josh Gordon through the 15 pages of Monty Python quotes to find actual info. Of course you had a pretty good synopsis on page 15. :D

:D I just got this from one of the Mods

Dear rajncajn,

You have received an infraction at SaintsReport Community Forums.

Reason: Inflammatory post

-------

Your thread was deleted due to the inflammatory nature. Please read the TOS that you agreed to when you registered for this site. A copy of this thread will be sent to the Adminitrators and Moderators for review.

-------

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,

SaintsReport Community Forums

....and my reply

I appreciate the heads up Cha-Ching, I thought it might be tip-toeing the line, but I couldn't resist ribbing the guys a little. They did deserve it after all and I'd hoped my post would lighten the mood a little and bring to light that many of the other posters were just trying to lighten the mood as well. I'd hoped the comment about it being tounge-in-cheek would make that clear, but I do realize the need for the slap on the wrist. In the future I'll try not to poke the puffer so to speak, blowups usually don't turn out well. Hopefully this won't injure any future status I have here on SR because even though I don't post often I really feel like this is the best Saints place on the net & I really like the community you have here.

regards, rajncajn

McKENZIE NOT SERIOUSLY INJURED

Per a league source, Saints cornerback Mike McKenzie suffered a back strain after being rear ended while stopped at a traffic light outside the team facility on Wednesday.

McKenzie was taken to the hospital by ambulance as a precaution, but he is expected to be cleared to play in the team's playoff opener on the weekend of January 13 and14.

If fact, McKenzie most likely would be able to play this weekend, if the Saints hadn't earned one of the two NFC playoff byes.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

The infraction is worth 5 points??? Uh, do I get a free tote bag at 50 points?

:D

If they wrote you up for that, the Mod is going to be pretty busy writing up the other 100 people before you in that thread....

Probably had more to do with my low post count than what I said. Here is what I'd posted

OK, so far we know:

1. Mike McKenzie supposedly gets in a car accident.

2. Saint B. confirmed it, but neglected to say he couldn't name his source.

3. LSSpam wanted a link or a named source & mistakenly blurted the B-word.

4. Saint B & LS both are overly sensitive to being called out.

5. The thread went at least 14 pages longer than it should be.

6. Even with the thread being 15 pages long we know nothing more about MM.

7. Most people in the thread don't realize news sources will not report on unsubstantiated rumors even if the person involved is a highly regarded Saints player.

8. A lot of people in the thread are really, really oblivious to sarcasm on the internet.

That about sum it up? BTW...this post was made to be tounge-in-cheek, if you got offended by it grow some skin & get over it.