[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick's days with Falcons numbered?

ebartender

I'm not convinced Vick can't be a good QB in the right system. I haven't given up yet.

This year they started with the college option switched then switched again. Greg Knapp was not a good choice. I'll give him another chance although I won't draft him.

How many more chances does Vick get? He's been in the league for 6 years now and people STILL have hope? C'mon, Eli's only been in the league for what, 3 years, and already they are calling for his head. Why does Vick get so many chances? He is what he is and he ain't gettin' any better. Put down the pipe and come back to reality my friend.

:D

He's the Allen Iverson of the NFL -- a great marketing product, the king of an individual stat, but not a player likely to carry his team to a championship due to his style of play being so ineffective within a team setting when faced with quality competition.

Horrible comparison. AI had no talent around him for years with the sixers, unless you want to count a washed up Chris Webber, or Dikember Mutombo at the end of his prime. When Melo comes back you will see what that Nuggetts team and AI can really do.

There's certainly plenty of blame to go around for the Falcons - namely to Knapp and Mora for not figuring out how to get a passing game going, the injuries that decimated the defense, the shoddy WRs - but c'mon, Vick's passing numbers are the same as they were 6 years ago. He's not progressing. And at some point HE has to take responsibility for that if the coaches won't. You can talk about his subpar receivers all you'd like, and that's fair, but the Falcons didn't finish first in drops, and other teams with significant amounts of drops STILL had comp %s 5 or more points higher.

I'm not asking him to throw the ball like Marino, I'm just saying a consistently average level of performance is long overdue.

Sure the Falcons WR's dropped less passes than some teams, but that's only because there weren't that many passes for them to drop. Falcons were absolutely dead last in pass attempts.

Trust me, put 'em on a team that throws more & I guarantee you they drop more.

Plus they were the most apathetic WR corp it's ever been my displeasure to watch.

Besides dropping passes that hit 'em right in their effing hands, these tards were absolutely useless at helping their QB out. The momo's would run their route & then stand there like those great big stone monoliths on Easter Island. Can't tell you how many passes were defensed by the DB just reaching around the statue WR & simply batting the ball down. Sheilding the DB off & maybe working back to the QB were foriegn concepts to these goobers. A highlight catch from these clowns? Fugeddaboudit! :D

Didn't help Vick's completion % any that Knapp's play calling constantly put the Falcons in 3rd & longs. Check the completion % of just about any QB & you'll see their % drop on 3rd & longs.

Is there room for improvement from Vick? Sure there is, but he's nowhere near as bad as the casual observer likes to think.

Vick is a bad NFL QB.

That being said..he is only 1 guy. blaming the whole year on Vick is a huge mistake because the 1st blame goes to the defensive line. if you cannot stop the run and pressure the QB you cannot win. and the Falcons defense was a bigger problem than the offense(as it is on almost all struggling teams).

mort just reiterated that the new coach will have a say in vicks future. also said that schaub won't be traded. as a schaub owner, this is not good news. sounds like they're going to postpone the vick decision another year.

Why trade Vick? If the Bears defensive coach left to become the new head coach of the Falcons, I could see the Falcons becoming a pretty good defensive team. They've got the talant, but just haven't found the right coach for the job. Plus, if they became a more defensive minded team, that allows Vick to do what he does best and not worry about how well the defense will hold up every time his receivers drop three passes in a row.

This year they started with the college option switched then switched again. Greg Knapp was not a good choice. I'll give him another chance although I won't draft him.

exactly, nevermind the switches that took place in the offseason every year the last 3-4 years.

Vick may not be the answer but he's not the first or last problem they have.

#1) Before June 1st, the cap hit would be $22.25 million

#2) After June 1st, the cap hit would be $7.57 million with a net hit of $1.57 million and would actually create $6 million in cap space for Atlanta, but in 2008 Atlanta would take a $14.68 million cap hit.

Well, Blank's company Home Depot just paid it's CEO $200+ million to go away, so I'm guessing a bit over $22 mil is chump change for him.