[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick would have scored...

Rockerbraves

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

So tell me something Savage Beatings.

How many times is it, that a Vick QB'ed team has gotten into the playoffs?

And just out of curiosity, how many times was it that the Vick QB'ed team which made it to the playoffs, was just a one shot wonder?

You know, a one & done show, like the Romo QB'ed team.

I'll take Romo's success rate over Vick's any day of the week. Romo did it his first year as a starter with a bad defense (like Atlanta), a sub-par line (like Atlanta) but with a worse running game than Atlanta. So Vick got his team to the play offs 1 year out of 1 and put his team in a position to win the game before making a critical mistake.

Remind me again how many times Vick has taken his team in to the playoffs in how many years he has been the starter?

And they both have the same number of superbowl rings.

:bash:

So because of Vick & only Vick, the Falcons aren't in the playoffs.

Sticking with your simplistic logic, the only reason any team is in the playoffs is because of their QB, right Savage Beatings?

LT & the San Diego D had no bearing on the Chargers getting to the playoffs, it was all Phillip Rivers doing right?

Bears are in because of Grossman. Their D & Special teams play is just an after thought.

etc...etc...etc... :D

With Bledsoe under center the Cowboys don't make the playoffs.

With Romo under center the Cowboys do make the playoffs.

With Vick under center the Falcons don't make the playoffs.

With a real QB under center in Atlanta do the Falcons make the playoffs :D ... but they don't with Vick.

With a real QB under center in Atlanta do the Falcons make the playoffs

absolutely no f'ing way. with all the injuries, their defense was atrocious. their WR corps may be the worst in the league. their o-line is OK, and they have a decent RB tandem (if both are healthy). but they had a coach who, i am becoming increasingly convinced, is a complete more. there is no way in hell that is a playoff team, regardless of who is at QB.

How do we know that/ I think that is the most amusing portion of this, is that nobody knows that he would have scored in the same situation, lost more yards or caught the snap. Has Vick ever been stopped for negative or zero yards? Of course he has, so who knows if he would have scored? Nobody does. Romo is the one that WAS in that situation and he DIDN'T score (despite have "athletic" skills himself), everythign else outside of that is opinion andf not fact.

DING DING DING ... we have a winner.

By the time Romo got up and attempted run the D-Line was in the back field. I have seen Vick get tackled in the backfield more than several times. This is NOT a situation where Vick took the snap as a QB and ran the ball ... he would have to take the snap on one knee and then make the play.

Of course Vick would never have been hold the ball in that situation ... although he may be better suited to be a holder than a QB.

absolutely no f'ing way. with all the injuries, their defense was atrocious. their WR corps may be the worst in the league. their o-line is OK, and they have a decent RB tandem (if both are healthy). but they had a coach who, i am becoming increasingly convinced, is a complete more. there is no way in hell that is a playoff team, regardless of who is at QB.

Yes, yes I realize that it must be everybody else's fault ... it simply can't be Vick's fault.

One dimensional teams lose. Atlanta is a one dimensional team because Vick can read defenses and can't pass the ball.

McNabb has somehow miraclously managed to lead his team to the NFC championship game more than several times with sub-par WRs. Wonder why he can do it but God's gift to Atlanta can't.

Yes, yes I realize that it must be everybody else's fault ... it simply can't be Vick's fault.

vick didn't have a great year either, but your assertion was that with someone else at QB, atlanta is a playoff team -- essentially pinning ALL the blame for the falcons' woes on vick. and that is patently absurd.

their defense was 22nd in the league, and they were probably in the bottom 5 the last half of the season. their WRs dropped more balls and ran crappier routes than anyone. their coach was talking about how much he'd love to have ANOTHER job. but somehow you want us to believe that all of that is vick's fault, and they're a playoff team with someone else. and that is simply retarded.

vick didn't have a great year either, but your assertion was that with someone else at QB, atlanta is a playoff team -- essentially pinning ALL the blame for the falcons' woes on vick. and that is patently absurd.

their defense was 22nd in the league, and they were probably in the bottom 5 the last half of the season. their WRs dropped more balls and ran crappier routes than anyone. their coach was talking about how much he'd love to have ANOTHER job. but somehow you want us to believe that all of that is vick's fault, and they're a playoff team with someone else. and that is simply retarded.

Agreed. While I don't think that they win the NFC with Vick at the helm, their problems are too numerous to put the blame on the QB position. You could put Peyton, Brady, or anybody else in the league in Vick's place and they still don't make the playoffs this year.

I said I don't know if Atlanta makes the playoffs ... clearly they don't with Vick.

Where did Dallas' defense rank, especially the last 5 weeks? How could they possibly have made the playoffs with such a crappy defense. TO leads the league in dropped passes ... almost ALL of them in critical game situations.

Where did Dallas' defense rank, especially the last 5 weeks? How could they possibly have made the playoffs with such a crappy defense.

the last 4 weeks of the season, when their defense was really bad, they were 1-3.

regardless, their defense ranked 9 spots higher than the falcons.

But Vick didn't help ANYBODY advance in the playoffs.... remember, this is hypothetical and he DIDN'T run that score in!!

Come on BigScore!!

Check the post I responded to & what Grits had quoted.

Come on TVH, keep up with us big fella!!

Yeah except your response to what you quoted was miserably off tangent.

How so? Maybe I missed something?

You and Grits were talking about this season. Romo got his team to the playoffs, Vick didn't. Grits said he would rather have Romo's success rate this season than Vick's. You responded that he would rather have a QB who was one and done (Romo) than a QB who can help his team advance in the playoffs (Vick).

But your point about 'QB who can help his team advance in the playoffs" is misleading as he can't help a team advance if he can't ge this team there. Or can he?

I don't think I missed anything. :D

Edited by The Vatican Hitsquad

How so? Maybe I missed something?

Yeah, you did.

My post that Grits quoted & then weighed in on like a bull in a china shop, was actually part of a conversation I was having with Savage.

I don't think I missed anything. :D

Think again. :D

Well doesn't Vick have to get to the playoffs FIRST before he can help them advance? Hell he can't advance them TO the playoffs let alone advance them IN the playoffs.

You quoted a post of mine from a conversation with someone else & responded to it. I assumed if you were doing that, you had been following along. From your response above, apparently not. My mistake.

Forget about catching the snap TVH. The hypothetical is that everything happens the same way, except it's Vick instead of Romo.

The difference is that Vick is a LOT more athletic than Romo (and I do mean a LOT!) so as the game played out, Vick would've only had to escape Babineaux's ankle tackle and run a slightly deeper angle to get past Hamlin for the score.

Here's the play itself.

If you've ever watched Vick (I know you only watch the 30 second ESPN highlights, but that's OK because they show you how quick & fast Vick actually is), you'd know it's about a 99.9% probability Vick gets at least the 1st down and a 99.8% probability he scores.

Have we ever seen Vick take a snap on his knee from the holder's position and then get up and run the ball after the D-Line is in the backfield? If it was that easy for Vick to make 1st downs wouldn't the Falcons be in the playoffs?