[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots vs. Chargers

Rockerbraves

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it amazing how a team's weakness, despite good seasons shines through in the playoffs.

Ravens - inconsistent offense

Chargers - need some wide receivers

Philly - can't stop the run

Seahawks - injured secondary

Or maybe the Chargers just aren't that good. I never thought that their secondary was that great and Brady pretty much exploited the hell out of them in the 4th quarter.

Well when the WRs keep dropping the ball and allowing 3 and outs, and the defense takes the ball away and then gives it right back eventually you are going to get tired when you are on the field for half a quarter.

I just rewound it and watched it again. LT went out and shook Faulk's hand. Samuel was walking towards him, and LT walked away from him. Samuel and Caldwell were trying to talk to LT and he pulled his arm away. The camera went away, and when it came back, LT was between some Pats (Samuel, Caldwell, others).... Caldwell was saying, 'you're better than that' to LT. Then, as walking away, LT had some words. They showed him one last time and he was still in a shouting match. Very un-LT like, but, I understand his frustration, and who knows what was going on out on the field.

Thanks Menudo, can't really blame LT after a loss like that... Hope you are right about the Colts next week!!!

Well when the WRs keep dropping the ball and allowing 3 and outs, and the defense takes the ball away and then gives it right back eventually you are going to get tired when you are on the field for half a quarter.

That's true. Rivers was pretty bad today as well. I had a feeling that his lack of experience would be problematic for SD today.

P.S. If it ends up the Colts vs. the Bears, do you even have to watch the game, or do you simply start celebrating. :D:clap:

The Colts vs. Bears would actually make a pretty good Super Bowl. Not sure which team would win it, and the Colts going up against a solid defense always makes for a good game.

Then again, so would a Colts vs. Saints game. The Super Bowl looks like it could be a good one. :bash:

Unless... the Patriots go. I have hated every Super Bowl that they played in and will hate it again if they go back. :D

I just rewound it and watched it again. LT went out and shook Faulk's hand. Samuel was walking towards him, and LT walked away from him. Samuel and Caldwell were trying to talk to LT and he pulled his arm away. The camera went away, and when it came back, LT was between some Pats (Samuel, Caldwell, others).... Caldwell was saying, 'you're better than that' to LT. Then, as walking away, LT had some words. They showed him one last time and he was still in a shouting match. Very un-LT like, but, I understand his frustration, and who knows what was going on out on the field.

LT was probly asking Caldwell why he did'nt play that well when he was with San Diego... :D

As much as I love to hate Brady, he really has gained a lot more respect from me with the way he's played the last two seasons. Especially this year with all new receivers he still found a way to win. You have to respect that. I can't believe with all the talk between the Chargers or the Ravens being the best team in the NFL going into the playoffs it all comes down to Manning vs. Brady again. Wow!!!

Edited by heydave76

and it's a tough call but I think (I think) as a Colt fan would rather be playing NE.

I'd say so, but just barely. The Colts have had a lot of problems against the Chargers in recent years, but have been able to exploit NE's secondary since the SB. It's basically a question of whether one would want to face the stronger defense (SD) or the stronger offense (NE) and the Colts are more or less built to win shootouts.

As much as I love to hate Brady, he really has gained a lot more respect from me with the way he's played the last two seasons. Especially this year with all new receivers he still found a way to win. You have to respect that. I can't believe with all the talk between the Chargers or the Ravens being the best team in the NFL going into the playoffs it all comes down to Manning vs. Brady again. Wow!!!

Brady vs. Manning = Patriots Win :D

The only way the Colts reach the SB is by SD getting knocked off prior to this. No way the Colts beat SD, but they probably punk NE by 2 TDS.

I REALLY want the Colts to win, and the fact that you are picking them to do so has me very concerned...... :D:D

Agreed, WR's were absolutely horrible today for the Chargers. But you can't help to wonder what would have happened if Marty doesn't challenge and the Bolts have 1 timeout left on the final drive... Gotta give the Pats some credit too though. They know how to win..

That wouldn't have mattered if Rivers had spiked it one more time. This loss aint Marty's fault.

As much as I love to hate Brady, he really has gained a lot more respect from me with the way he's played the last two seasons. Especially this year with all new receivers he still found a way to win. You have to respect that.

Brady threw the game away with that third pick and Troy Brown saved his ass with the strip. Sadly, Brady will inevitably get all of the credit in the media.

But I agree that Brady has done a tremendous job getting his new WRs up to speed in the passing game and succeeding with them. He has my respect for that as well.

I can't believe with all the talk between the Chargers or the Ravens being the best team in the NFL going into the playoffs it all comes down to Manning vs. Brady again. Wow!!!

This is going to be like the '98 Fave vs. Young playoff game in SF. It's going to be a classic.

Brady sucked most of the game today...

Ok....that's it.....it's GO TIME! This IS it. Peyton and the Colts WILL be redeemed. Of course....

......not. Expect the unexpected has been how it's gone this year. Now people are picking the Colts, expect yet another frustrating NE win. :D:D