[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots vs. Chargers

Rockerbraves

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the Patriots are a good team. I know Brady is a very good, clutch QB. I know that Beli is a great coach. I know they have a good amount of playmakers and depth.

However, I find it amazing that they get the type of game breaks they do in the big games. That interception and strip is one of those things that only happens to certain teams.

Homer view.....but totally realistic. The Pats didn't deserve to win this game. n Unforunately, the Chargers made a few plays that really hurt them. The interception/fumble hurt real bad and if he had knocked it down, maybe they win. But in the end, sometimes the breaks go to those who "know how to win in the big games"

My apologies to SD fans. Your team played a great game and you had a chance to win. I am very grateful that the Pats are moving on.

He turned them from 1 of the dregs of the league (like my Lions) into a playoff contender. I would be happy with Schotts if I was a Charger fan.

My reference was to this game in particular. I'm not judging Marty as a coach in general. I just happen to think the challenge he made was completely stupid and losing the timeout may have cost this team. :D

My reference was to this game in particular. I'm not judging Marty as a coach in general. I just happen to think the challenge he made was completely stupid and losing the timeout may have cost this team. :D

I agree. he WAS outcoached today. don't get me wrong. but against Bill Bell that is gonna happen.

Without a doubt, it was the most disheartening loss I can recall as a Chargers fan of over 33 years. This one REALLY hurt!

Congrats to the Patriots fans. It was a gutsy effort by Brady and crew. The entire game, I felt like the Chargers were going to win. I couldn't accept defeat until Kadeings FG fell just right (and possibly short, from what I can tell). I was in shock. But I have to admit, the Patriots made plays when they had to and didn't make the costly penalties and mental errors that the Chargers did.

Of all the Chargers miscues, I was most upset about Parker's fumbled punt. Muffing the punt is a physical error that I can somewhat forgive, but not falling on the ball and securing it after the muff was just horrendous. He had plenty of time to do that. And of course, the idiotic 15-yard penalty on Florence after the Brady sack and fumble was also unforgiveable.

Giving a playoff savvy veteran like Brady that many chances, the Chargers were playing with fire and they got burnt. That laser that Brady through to Caldwell on the game-winning FG drive was pinpoint accurate.

I feel sorry for Schottenheimer and LT. That was incredibly painful. I don't hold Schottenheimer responsible for that loss. I don't think he was outcoached or out-schemed. His players just made too many mistakes and the Patriots capitalized. LT was amazing. The 60+ yard screen pass was the highlight of the day for me. I thought Rivers played a respectable game. He made a lot of solid throws. Too many drops, though. Parker had 2 drops and Vincent Jackson had a critical drop on 3rd down and did not drag his feet on a sure TD in the endzone. The questionable Schottenheimer moves were going for 4th and 11 in the 1st quarter instead of a 48-yard FG (against the wind), the wasted challenge falling the McCree INT and fumble, and the wasted time on the last 1-minute drive. I felt that Rivers should have killed the clock by spiking the ball after the first completion over the middle. Instead, he wasted about 20 secs. getting the players set and Vincent Jackson going in motion. Come on, at that point in the game with no timeouts, time is more important than downs. You're in 4-down territory anyway. One may fault Rivers, but this was sort of a coaching fault since the Chargers did the same thing against Seattle, blew a lot of time in their 2-minute drive to end the game, but got bailed out when Rivers threw long to Jackson.

Although the Patriots defense bent, they made critical stops in the red-zone. The Chargers were on the Patriots side of the 50 most of the first quarter and couldn't capitalize. The Patriots made plays when they had to. And Asante Samuel made a critical pass deflection on 3rd and 4 or so on the Chargers last series before Brady got the ball back for the game-winning FG drive.

And as far as LT not shaking hands, I missed that part because I couldn't stand to watch the last 3 seconds after Kaeding's missed FG. I did see the post-game conference when LT expressed anger at the Patriots for doing the "Lights Out" dance on the Chargers 50-yard line, which they were penalized 15-yards for. That was disrespectful. LT's a class guy and a competitor and would have shook hands if not for those antics. I compare LT's post-game behavior to Brady's blasting of Schottenheimer after the Pats lost 41-17 last year. I gave Brady "a pass" on that one, although initially I thought he was being a poor sport. I think LT deserves "a pass" on this one too.

Homer view.....but totally realistic. The Pats didn't deserve to win this game. n Unforunately, the Chargers made a few plays that really hurt them. The interception/fumble hurt real bad and if he had knocked it down, maybe they win. But in the end, sometimes the breaks go to those who "know how to win in the big games"

My apologies to SD fans. Your team played a great game and you had a chance to win. I am very grateful that the Pats are moving on.

Funny...homer or not I just don't agree with that.

In a game like this you make plays to win. I think the Pats hung in very well, and were put in bad position by their own mistakes combined with SD's play. It just so happened that the Chargers mistakes combined with the Pats capitalizing on them was more effective.

:D

LT can only carry the team so far, he can't do much in situations where they're playing from behind.

Rivers can't hide in LT's shadow forever.

NEW ENGLAND AND INDY IN THE AFC CHAMP GAME ONE MORE TIME BABY!! :D

Rivers played well. He got zero help from his receivers.

That's true. Rivers was pretty bad today as well. I had a feeling that his lack of experience would be problematic for SD today.

:D Rivers can't catch the ball for his receivers. And he threw one pick and it was a great grab by Colvin. I didn't see him missing any wide open targets. Sometimes receivers have to make plays....and when they don't it gets reflected on the QBs stats. Without even thinking about it i can remember five balls that could've been caught....

Without a doubt, it was the most disheartening loss I can recall as a Chargers fan of over 33 years. This one REALLY hurt!

Congrats to the Patriots fans. It was a gutsy effort by Brady and crew. The entire game, I felt like the Chargers were going to win. I couldn't accept defeat until Kadeings FG fell just right (and possibly short, from what I can tell). I was in shock. But I have to admit, the Patriots made plays when they had to and didn't make the costly penalties and mental errors that the Chargers did.

Of all the Chargers miscues, I was most upset about Parker's fumbled punt. Muffing the punt is a physical error that I can somewhat forgive, but not falling on the ball and securing it after the muff was just horrendous. He had plenty of time to do that. And of course, the idiotic 15-yard penalty on Florence after the Brady sack and fumble was also unforgiveable.

Giving a playoff savvy veteran like Brady that many chances, the Chargers were playing with fire and they got burnt. That laser that Brady through to Caldwell on the game-winning FG drive was pinpoint accurate.

I feel sorry for Schottenheimer and LT. That was incredibly painful. I don't hold Schottenheimer responsible for that loss. I don't think he was outcoached or out-schemed. His players just made too many mistakes and the Patriots capitalized. LT was amazing. The 60+ yard screen pass was the highlight of the day for me. I thought Rivers played a respectable game. He made a lot of solid throws. Too many drops, though. Parker had 2 drops and Vincent Jackson had a critical drop on 3rd down and did not drag his feet on a sure TD in the endzone. The questionable Schottenheimer moves were going for 4th and 11 in the 1st quarter instead of a 48-yard FG (against the wind), the wasted challenge falling the McCree INT and fumble, and the wasted time on the last 1-minute drive. I felt that Rivers should have killed the clock by spiking the ball after the first completion over the middle. Instead, he wasted about 20 secs. getting the players set and Vincent Jackson going in motion. Come on, at that point in the game with no timeouts, time is more important than downs. You're in 4-down territory anyway. One may fault Rivers, but this was sort of a coaching fault since the Chargers did the same thing against Seattle, blew a lot of time in their 2-minute drive to end the game, but got bailed out when Rivers threw long to Jackson.

Although the Patriots defense bent, they made critical stops in the red-zone. The Chargers were on the Patriots side of the 50 most of the first quarter and couldn't capitalize. The Patriots made plays when they had to. And Asante Samuel made a critical pass deflection on 3rd and 4 or so on the Chargers last series before Brady got the ball back for the game-winning FG drive.

And as far as LT not shaking hands, I missed that part because I couldn't stand to watch the last 3 seconds after Kaeding's missed FG. I did see the post-game conference when LT expressed anger at the Patriots for doing the "Lights Out" dance on the Chargers 50-yard line, which they were penalized 15-yards for. That was disrespectful. LT's a class guy and a competitor and would have shook hands if not for those antics. I compare LT's post-game behavior to Brady's blasting of Schottenheimer after the Pats lost 41-17 last year. I gave Brady "a pass" on that one, although initially I thought he was being a poor sport. I think LT deserves "a pass" on this one too.

Great analysis!!! :D Congrats on a great season :D

As the SD D and LT won me a championship and Gates helped me salvage 3rd in another. :bash: