[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McNabb unhappy since his injury

Randall

lol, nope and I've only ever called into WIP once in my life. That was to blast them for saying that Torrence Small and Charles Johnson weren't that bad. That made me soooo angry.

haha I know, but you can see the point I'm making? This guy is your franchise player for christ's sake what do these people want? I had to turn off my radio on the way to work this morning I was so anoyed.

Sports talk radio in this town has been murdered. The whole point of WIP is so far buried by nonsense that it's almost comical. WIP was founded as the voice of the fans. All it is now is the voice of the hosts who want to get in the news on TV shows by catering to their sock puppet listeners and spouting off their agenda-laden rhetoric.

Edited by malta69

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha I know, but you can see the point I'm making? This guy is your franchise player for christ's sake what do these people want? I had to turn off my radio on the way to work this morning I was so anoyed.

Sports talk radio in this town has been murdered. The whole point of WIP is so far buried by nonsense that it's almost comical. WIP was founded as the voice of the fans. All it is now is the voice of the hosts who want to get in the news on TV shows by catering to their sock puppet listeners and spouting off their agenda-laden rhetoric.

Oh yeah, I hear you. But, I don't go so far as labeling the majority of Eagles fans idiots just because the minority that call into WIP clearly are.

I'm embarrassed being an Eagles fan at times. I would say a good 65-70% of the Eagles fanbase are irrational, misinformed idiots, with a good percentage of them being prejudiced as well. THIS IS A MEDIA CREATION PEOPLE!!! Theres nothing else to talk about right now in local sports so several borderline reputable journalists like Reuben Frank and Angelo Cataldi thought it'd be a great time to create a non issue and sell a few papers along the way. I mean christ it's been well documented throughout the course of the season that McNabb and Garcia actually get along! They were seen "pal" ing it up on the sidelines of the Giants playoff game.

I mean seriously has there ever been a more non-issue that's gotten more pub then this McNabb/Garcia thing??? Sports talk radio in Philadelphia is virtually unlistenable these days. Harry from Havertown says "durr trade McNabb for draft picks, groom a young QB, fire Andy Reid and bring in Norv Turner" blah blah blah...These people shouldn’t even be allowed to watch football. :D

I hate 610 and the Daily News except on fridays and mondays....

mondays cover the eagles win...fridays have a decent spread for the upcoming game and they break down the betting lines...

I've never read the Trenton Times..but have read online articles from Eckel......he's the one that said the Eagles had LeCharles Bentley signed and even started off his column by saying "By the time you read this, Bentley will have already been an Eagle" ....

he does have inside sources, but I think at times...he plays that to his advantage when there's nothing to report and he stretches things....

he's not bad on 610 saturdays with Ray Didinger, though...pointless information...

I hate 610 and the Daily News except on fridays and mondays....

mondays cover the eagles win...fridays have a decent spread for the upcoming game and they break down the betting lines...

I've never read the Trenton Times..but have read online articles from Eckel......he's the one that said the Eagles had LeCharles Bentley signed and even started off his column by saying "By the time you read this, Bentley will have already been an Eagle" ....

he does have inside sources, but I think at times...he plays that to his advantage when there's nothing to report and he stretches things....

he's not bad on 610 saturdays with Ray Didinger, though...pointless information...

Yeah I have to agree with you. I used to think Eckel was a fairly reliable source, but now I'd throw him in there with the people who just want to get their name out there too. It's just all about the sensationalism with these guys. These writers see guys like Screamin’ A. Smith getting TV shows, they see shows like Daily News Live, and they see how the public eats it up. They want to make a quick name for themselves, so they find outlandish angles and create controversy so the ESPNs and the local networks will have them on their interview shows.

You just can’t find hard news in sports anymore.

Edited by malta69

We honestly don't deserve a QB the caliber of a Donovan McNabb. Let's bring back the Doug Pedersons, Pat Ryans and Dave Archers of the '90s. Those guys easily get more props than #5.

And again I dont mean to point a finger at every Eagles fan, I know how annoying that can be. There seem to be quite a few knowledgeable Philly fans around these parts whose opinions I respect, but guys look around you...you're kidding yourself if you don't believe that the majority of misinformed & dilusional local fans thinks this way in regards to running McNabb out of town!!!

We honestly don't deserve a QB the caliber of a Donovan McNabb. Let's bring back the Doug Pedersons, Pat Ryans and Dave Archers of the '90s. Those guys easily get more props than #5.

And again I dont mean to point a finger at every Eagles fan, I know how annoying that can be. There seem to be quite a few knowledgeable Philly fans around these parts whose opinions I respect, but guys look around you...you're kidding yourself if you don't believe that the majority of misinformed & dilusional local fans thinks this way in regards to running McNabb out of town!!!

There are a lot of franchsies that would absolutely love to have Donovan McNabb leading their offense. Good Lord, this guy is arguably the 3rd-best QB in the league!

There are a lot of franchsies that would absolutely love to have Donovan McNabb leading their offense. Good Lord, this guy is arguably the 3rd-best QB in the league!

The worst part of it is, that even if he does manage to win a SB in the next two or three years people here would still find something to gripe about!!!

The worst part of it is, that even if he does manage to win a SB in the next two or three years people here would still find something to gripe about!!!

Sports fans in Philly (in general) are a bunch of cantankerous blow-hards who wouldn't know a good thing if it jumped up and bit them on the ass. Taking Manning and Brady out of the equation, who are your better options? Maybe Hasselbeck or Brees? Maybe Favre three or four years ago, but not now. I can't think of anybody else.

I'd love to see McNabb go a city that doesn't throw its good players under the bus and win a title there. Philly doesn't deserve him.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I hope McNabb comes out and says this a non issue and just media hype.

That being said fi not, I don't care how he feels, just play Football and win!

McNabb is obviuosly a good QB. But he has weaknesses like his lack of accuracy. The problem is that Reid drafted McNabb to run his offense which needs the QB to be accurate. McNabb can throw a very good deep ball and can make plays with his feet, but the short to mid-range stuff is where he is weak and that is where a majority of the plays are supposed to go in this offense. Reid's version of a running game is to throw a dump pass to the RB. McNabb has done a lot for this team but lets be honest, the success the Eagles have had in the past few years was based more on their solid defense then their offense. McNabb hasn't really had a good chance to be what he can because he hardly ever had very talented WRs (Owens was really the only one) and like I said, this system isn't the best fit for McNabb. I don't want to see the Eagles get rid of McNabb and I think these stories from local media are way of base from everything I have heard from the Eagles on the radio today. But McNabb isn't getting younger and he does have a bad injury history so maybe it would be good for the Eagles to at least start thinking about life after Donovan. If that means they sign Garcia just in case, fine. And if Donovan has a problem with that, too bad. The good of the team should come first. If McNabb doesn't want Garcia to take his job then don't let him. The defense is getting older and the Eagles haven't had much success in drafting DTs the last couple pf season which is really hurting their line. Darren Howard was a dissappointment this year and Kearse is another injury prone player. Trotter & Dawkins are coming to the end of their careers. Maybe it isn't a bad time to start re-building while you have some solid veterans around to help teach the younger guys. Now I don't know of the cap works, but if getting rid of McNabb helps free up space they can use to build up the defense and allows them to get a solid young QB in return, maybe it isn't the worst idea.

McNabb is obviuosly a good QB. But he has weaknesses like his lack of accuracy. The problem is that Reid drafted McNabb to run his offense which needs the QB to be accurate. McNabb can throw a very good deep ball and can make plays with his feet, but the short to mid-range stuff is where he is weak and that is where a majority of the plays are supposed to go in this offense. Reid's version of a running game is to throw a dump pass to the RB. McNabb has done a lot for this team but lets be honest, the success the Eagles have had in the past few years was based more on their solid defense then their offense. McNabb hasn't really had a good chance to be what he can because he hardly ever had very talented WRs (Owens was really the only one) and like I said, this system isn't the best fit for McNabb. I don't want to see the Eagles get rid of McNabb and I think these stories from local media are way of base from everything I have heard from the Eagles on the radio today.

John Elway had a career completion percentage of 57% (1% below McNabb's) and still ran the WCO well under Shanahan. Of course, Elway also played on a great rushing offense during the final four or so years of his career. Not that McNabb is on Elway's level, but he isn't more than a tier down either. The big problem, which you alluded to, is that Reid wants to throw the ball 60-70% of the time. Christ, McNabb threw something like 50 passes in the SB! IIRC, he gave up the offensive play-calling in the middle of this season and the OC starting running the ball more. While I don't want to take away from Garcia's outstanding play, that had a lot to do with thier success after McNabb went down.

And speaking of Garcia, going with him instead of McNabb won't happen. Garcia is in his mid-30s and has maybe another year or two max as a legitimate starter.

This isn't exactly as big as the 49'ers deciding between Montana and Young to lead their team into the future. I don't know how the Eagles could not keep McNabb on their team. I predict a hugh, hugh increase in "D" battery sales in Philly if the team didn't have McNabb in their future plans over an aging QB like Garcia.

What a whiner. Garcia looked poised and had fire in him when all the cards were stacked against him and so now Mcabb feels bad. He needs attention from Andy and the front office. Give me a f-in break.

I'd pay attention to him and draft him on my fantasy squad if my team, and the Iggles, could count on the guy. McNabb = Fragile Fred Part Deux. Screw McNabb. I'd give him one more year before calling it a botched experiment - if he cannot hurdle over the Cowboys, Redskins, and Giants next year the guy is a lost cause.

What a loser.

What a whiner. Garcia looked poised and had fire in him when all the cards were stacked against him and so now Mcabb feels bad. He needs attention from Andy and the front office. Give me a f-in break.

I'd pay attention to him and draft him on my fantasy squad if my team, and the Iggles, could count on the guy. McNabb = Fragile Fred Part Deux. Screw McNabb. I'd give him one more year before calling it a botched experiment - if he cannot hurdle over the Cowboys, Redskins, and Giants next year the guy is a lost cause.

What a loser.

Botched experiment? Come on now. McNabb has been a very good QB. I agree with what Bill said in that the Eagles need to balance the offense more. I think McNabb could be even better if the Eagles run the ball more instead of counting on McNabb to throw touch passes 60-70% of the time or whatever the number is. If they run more often it opens things up for the deep pass which is what McNabb is best at. Of course he will have to throw a few short to mid-range passes too, but he wouldn't have to throw as much of them as he does now. If Reid is stubborn and stays with the passing attack we are use to then McNabb will suffer IMO. Especially if the Eagles let Stallworth go and don't replace him with something similar in talent. That is another thing that pisses me off. Reid's offense is very pass happy yet he refuses to add talented receivers other then Owens. The only reason we got Stallworth is because he came cheap.

McNabb is obviuosly a good QB. But he has weaknesses like his lack of accuracy. The problem is that Reid drafted McNabb to run his offense which needs the QB to be accurate. McNabb can throw a very good deep ball and can make plays with his feet, but the short to mid-range stuff is where he is weak and that is where a majority of the plays are supposed to go in this offense. Reid's version of a running game is to throw a dump pass to the RB. McNabb has done a lot for this team but lets be honest, the success the Eagles have had in the past few years was based more on their solid defense then their offense. McNabb hasn't really had a good chance to be what he can because he hardly ever had very talented WRs (Owens was really the only one) and like I said, this system isn't the best fit for McNabb. I don't want to see the Eagles get rid of McNabb and I think these stories from local media are way of base from everything I have heard from the Eagles on the radio today. But McNabb isn't getting younger and he does have a bad injury history so maybe it would be good for the Eagles to at least start thinking about life after Donovan. If that means they sign Garcia just in case, fine. And if Donovan has a problem with that, too bad. The good of the team should come first. If McNabb doesn't want Garcia to take his job then don't let him. The defense is getting older and the Eagles haven't had much success in drafting DTs the last couple pf season which is really hurting their line. Darren Howard was a dissappointment this year and Kearse is another injury prone player. Trotter & Dawkins are coming to the end of their careers. Maybe it isn't a bad time to start re-building while you have some solid veterans around to help teach the younger guys. Now I don't know of the cap works, but if getting rid of McNabb helps free up space they can use to build up the defense and allows them to get a solid young QB in return, maybe it isn't the worst idea.

You know I respect your football pedigree, but I have so many problems with so much that youre saying here. I only wish I weren't so busy today so I could respond to this..Ahh nevermind I think I'll respond anyway...

Everyone is so enamored with Jeff Garcia. The guy did a fine job, but by my estimation, the man had one, maybe two strong games. The Carolina game and the Giants game. He played awful in the W/C game and equally poor vs the Saints. Take away that long bomb to Stallworth and his numbers are Grossman-like pedestrian. He is not an option as your starting QB for next year and to say beyond next year is just downright ridiculous.

This team isn't "old". I don't get where this argument comes from. Sure you have veteran presences like Dawkins and Trotter who are running out of gas, but you still have a nice mix of young talented players in place. What I think is most important is that you have a fairly young offensive line (aside from Runyan and Thomas) with one of the best young studs in Andrews as well as younger guys like Max Jean Gilles and Justice waiting in the wings not necessarily as stopgap options, but as future building blocks. On defense you have two stud CB's under 30 and a number of younger guys on defense such as Gathier, Cole, J.Thomas, and even Constadine to an extent who played significant roles in this team's success this season. Gathier is being groomed as Trot's replacement and from what he showed me in limited time he looks like he is ready to be a big contributor as soon as next year. I agree with you about the DT position being a problem, Patterson most surely isnt the answer however the jury is still out on Bunkley. As disasterous as '06 was the kid is still a rookie. I'll wait til next year at this time to begin to pass judgement on him.

As far as "blowing it up", I just don't get where this argument comes from. What you have is a nice mix of veteran and young players which keeps evolving each season and draft. This team has been a championship caliber franchise for 6 of the past 7 seasons and that just isnt good enough for us. Not to mention, people are so quick to criticise the Eagles drafts because they may have missed the mark on some WR's and DT's over the years, but they've also drafted some very good looking players like Reggie Brown, Gathier, Juquah Thomas and Cole over the past two seasons..but you never hear about that, all you hear is "Bunkley sucks, how could you draft Freddie Mitchell?" You find me a team that has a 100% track record in drafting and evaluating NFL caliber talent. I beg you.

By the way, if they did trade McNabb I'm pretty sure they would take an enormous cap not only next year, but in multiple years due to the way portions of his contract are spread out.

Alright now I gotta get back to work!!! :D

I'm embarrassed being an Eagles fan at times. I would say a good 65-70% of the Eagles fanbase are irrational, misinformed idiots, with a good percentage of them being prejudiced as well. THIS IS A MEDIA CREATION PEOPLE!!! Theres nothing else to talk about right now in local sports so several borderline reputable journalists like Reuben Frank and Angelo Cataldi thought it'd be a great time to create a non issue and sell a few papers along the way. I mean christ it's been well documented throughout the course of the season that McNabb and Garcia actually get along! They were seen "pal" ing it up on the sidelines of the Giants playoff game.

I mean seriously has there ever been a more non-issue that's gotten more pub then this McNabb/Garcia thing??? Sports talk radio in Philadelphia is virtually unlistenable these days. Harry from Havertown says "durr trade McNabb for draft picks, groom a young QB, fire Andy Reid and bring in Norv Turner" blah blah blah...These people shouldn’t even be allowed to watch football. :D

I couldn't agree w/you more.

Sports fans in Philly (in general) are a bunch of cantankerous blow-hards who wouldn't know a good thing if it jumped up and bit them on the ass. Taking Manning and Brady out of the equation, who are your better options? Maybe Hasselbeck or Brees? Maybe Favre three or four years ago, but not now. I can't think of anybody else.

I'd love to see McNabb go a city that doesn't throw its good players under the bus and win a title there. Philly doesn't deserve him.

Wow! Look at the big vocabulary on Billy. And look, he finally chose a team to root for! :D Now you and the wifey can sit and hold hands during a game and say, "Go Manning! And Go Colts! NAAAAHHHHH!"

You don't deserve to discuss the passion of Philly fans. You clearly don't show it towards any team of your own. Unless, of course, they are favored in an upcoming Super Bowl.

Wow! Look at the big vocabulary on Billy. And look, he finally chose a team to root for! :D Now you and the wifey can sit and hold hands during a game and say, "Go Manning! And Go Colts! NAAAAHHHHH!"

You don't deserve to discuss the passion of Philly fans. You clearly don't show it towards any team of your own. Unless, of course, they are favored in an upcoming Super Bowl.

:D

You don't deserve to discuss the passion of Philly fans . You clearly don't show it towards any team of your own. Unless, of course, they are favored in an upcoming Super Bowl.

You mean the "passion" of the fans who booed McNabb at the draft, cheered while Michael Irvin lay paralyzed on the turf, and attacked Tie Domi in the penalty box? Yeah, I know plenty about that. Where I come from, it's called "idiocy."

Say what you want about my lack of committment to a particular team, but at least I show class when I attend those games.

Edited by Bill Swerski