[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McNabb unhappy since his injury

Randall

grasping....at....straws....

+1 :D

Only in Dallas, where (1) the QB is a joke who can't even field a snap, (2) whose star WR throws a HOF coach under a bus on his way out, (3) whose coach "retires" because the owner/GM doesn't have a clue how to run a franchise...would fans have to grasp at the straws of a ficticious article about McNabb in order to have anything to say.

Enjoy the basement, Cowboy fans...you'll be getting your mail there for several seasons. How bad is it that even the pathetic Redskins will be picked to finish ahead of you next year? :D

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the "passion" of the fans who booed McNabb at the draft, cheered while Michael Irvin lay paralyzed on the turf, and attacked Tie Domi in the penalty box? Yeah, I know plenty about that. Where I come from, it's called "idiocy."

Say what you want about my lack of committment to a particular team, but at least I show class when I attend those games.

You are all clueless. You are talking about a media-created group of fans labled the dirty 30 that booed McNabb and the Tie Domi thing, that was 1 fan. On the Michael Irvin cheering incident, no-one thought he was as hurt as bad as he was and when we realized that he was seriously hurt, we were concerned.. At least the people that sit around me were.

You people that say 65-70% of the fans are idiotic and classless are ignorant. The reality of the situation is that 85% of the fans in that stadium are passionate fans who are emotional and cheer and boo when situations present themselves. The few who are truely classless stand out more because of the reputation of the fanbase.

I go to many Philadelphia sporting events. I am a season ticket holder for the Eagles and Phillies. I have been o many other stadiums and venues around the country and I can tell you that the biggest diference between Philadelphia fans and other "sports cities" is that the fans here let their voices be heard. I have been pelted with pretzels and beer cups at plenty of other stadiums. I have seen Brown's fans throwing bottles at the players walking off the feild. I have seen Raider's fans beating the crap out of people in the stands and the parking lots. I have been assaulted at the Meadowlands. I have been assaulted in Washington DC.

My point is that Philly has a reputation that is blown WAY out of proportion. Compared to other passionate cities, it is really not that much different. It is the Philadelphia media that feeds that reputation, not the actions of the fans.. This is a tough city that likes physical play and passion. there are those few that take it to another level. But, it is like that everywhere.

You are all clueless.

Yeah, you're right, it's just a media-created stereotype that's completely inaccurate. Just like Yankees fans being "rude" and "unfair to their players." :D

My point is that Philly has a reputation that is blown WAY out of proportion. Compared to other passionate cities, it is really not that much different. It is the Philadelphia media that feeds that reputation, not the actions of the fans.. This is a tough city that likes physical play and passion. there are those few that take it to another level. But, it is like that everywhere.

Um, no it's not. Does Arrowhead Stadium have its own holding cell for drunken, violent fans? You need to get out and see the rest of the country. The "worst of the worst" in Philly are a hell of a lot wose than those in Kansas City, St. Louis, Green Bay, Seattle, etc.

Um, no it's not. Does Arrowhead Stadium have its own holding cell for drunken, violent fans? You need to get out and see the rest of the country. The "worst of the worst" in Philly are a hell of a lot wose than those in Kansas City, St. Louis, Green Bay, Seattle, etc.

I agree that there are select Philly fans that go overboard. And, I agree that there are cities in the country where things like that are a rare occurance. I have been to Arrowhead. I loved it there. Everyone was very nice and the atmosphere was great!

Go to places like The Meadowlands, DC, Oakland, Cleveland, etc.. Where there is a heavy blue-collar fan base and you get a certain degree of this behavior.

Do I support that behavior? Hell no. But, I think Philly gets singled out far too much when it comes to bad fans. There are many more good fans like myself than not. Unfortunately, I am not making news for my good behavior.

And the Linc does not have a holding cell. That was at the Vet. The Vet was far worse than the Linc is now.

I agree that there are select Philly fans that go overboard. And, I agree that there are cities in the country where things like that are a rare occurance. I have been to Arrowhead. I loved it there. Everyone was very nice and the atmosphere was great!

Go to places like The Meadowlands, DC, Oakland, Cleveland, etc.. Where there is a heavy blue-collar fan base and you get a certain degree of this behavior.

And the Linc does not have a holding cell. That was at the Vet. The Vet was far worse than the Linc is now.

I think that my overall point was that fans in different cities behave very differently and you apparently agree.

Apologies if I was unfairly hard on Philly fans.

Do I support that behavior? Hell no. But, I think Philly gets singled out far too much when it comes to bad fans. There are many more good fans like myself than not. Unfortunately, I am not making news for my good behavior.

Agreed that there are good fans everywhere, but there seem to be a lot more bad ones in Philly than in a lot of other places. Do they get singled out too much? Perhaps. I believe that stereotypes exist for a reason: They're not always accurate, but are accurate a heck of a lot more than they should be.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Its not even an issue of stereotyping anymore, it's almost matter of fact. You go down to the Linc or even on road trips and you see what the significant portion of Eagles fans are...white trash, young and old alike punks who go to these games in my opinion for no reason but to get wasted, start fights and do that annoying chant. You really can't even hold an NFL-based discussion with most of these people. It's pretty depressing. I too get to go to most if not all of the Eagles home games so I see it first hand every Sunday, and beleive me when I say its MUCH closer to a majority rather than a minority of fans that are this uninformed. Fortunately the people in the section where I sit are about 90% season ticket holders so the d-bag level at that end of the stadium (sec 220) isnt bad at all.

I made a road trip with about 20 other people to the Dallas/Philly Monday night game back in November '04. There were literally 1000's of Eagles fans down there with nothing on their mind other than to get wasted, start trouble and break stuff. I'd have to say for the first time in my life I was flatout embarrased to be an Eagles fan. As intense as it was for a few thousand philly fans to take over a stadium and a city, the extracurricular nonsense that accompanied it was a flatout joke!!! I'm all for a good time but a throwing a chair threw a Dallas Hooters window while a bunch of dopes stand around chanting "E-A-G-L-E-S" just doesnt strike me as all that much fun.

Edited by malta69

Its not even an issue of stereotyping anymore, it's almost matter of fact. You go down to the Linc or even on road trips and you see what the significant portion of Eagles fans are...white trash, young and old alike punks who go to these games in my opinion for no reason but to get wasted, start fights and do that annoying chant. You really can't even hold an NFL-based discussion with most of these people. It's pretty depressing. I too get to go to most if not all of the Eagles home games so I see it first hand every Sunday, and beleive me when I say its MUCH closer to a majority rather than a minority of fans that are this uninformed. Fortunately the people in the section where I sit are about 90% season ticket holders so the d-bag level at that end of the stadium (sec 220) isnt bad at all.

I made a road trip with about 20 other people to the Dallas/Philly Monday night game back in November '04. There were literally 1000's of Eagles fans down there with nothing on their mind other than to get wasted, start trouble and break stuff. I'd have to say for the first time in my life I was flatout embarrased to be an Eagles fan. As intense as it was for a few thousand philly fans to take over a stadium and a city, the extracurricular nonsense that accompanied it was a flatout joke!!! I'm all for a good time but a throwing a chair threw a Dallas Hooters window while a bunch of dopes stand around chanting "E-A-G-L-E-S" just doesnt strike me as all that much fun.

Sweet Jesus, I had no idea it was THAT bad! :D

This team isn't "old". I don't get where this argument comes from. Sure you have veteran presences like Dawkins and Trotter who are running out of gas, but you still have a nice mix of young talented players in place. What I think is most important is that you have a fairly young offensive line (aside from Runyan and Thomas) with one of the best young studs in Andrews as well as younger guys like Max Jean Gilles and Justice waiting in the wings not necessarily as stopgap options, but as future building blocks. On defense you have two stud CB's under 30 and a number of younger guys on defense such as Gathier, Cole, J.Thomas, and even Constadine to an extent who played significant roles in this team's success this season. Gathier is being groomed as Trot's replacement and from what he showed me in limited time he looks like he is ready to be a big contributor as soon as next year. I agree with you about the DT position being a problem, Patterson most surely isnt the answer however the jury is still out on Bunkley. As disasterous as '06 was the kid is still a rookie. I'll wait til next year at this time to begin to pass judgement on him.

According to Les Bowen & Paul Domowitch (sp?) on Daily New live, the Eagles will most likely not re-sign Jaqua Thomas ala Derrick Burgess. Trent Cole is solid, but he showed he is not an everydown type lineman. When he got the chance to play more his production dropped. Gaither could be a nice player. Constadine? Get the hell out of here. The guy can't tackle anything. Deuce ran over him like 2 or 3 times when Constadine had a clear shot at him. Michael Lewis may not be a good coverage guy, but he will make the tackles. I would rather have Lewis then Constadine next season. And I know how you loathe Lewis, but Constadine is not a step up. I agree their O-line is solid and deep but if Runyan & Thomas leave in a year or two you have to replace both starting tackles. Let say you do that with Justice and Herremans (sp?) and you put Jean Giles at guard. There goes all you depth. I think the Eagles have to start grooming the next QB in the next 1-3 years, especially if McNabb gets hurt again. They also have to improve at LB. Trotter will be solid for another year or two hopefully, but they have no OLB. Gaither is nice but they have to get a playmaker at LB or their defense is going to struggle again. None of the LBs can cover squat. I hope you are right about Bunkley.

+1 :D

(2) whose star WR throws a HOF coach under a bus on his way out,

See, this is the one that always cracks me up when a Philly fan brings it up...you probly still have your green T.O jersey hangin' in the back of your closet. You know, the one you wore every Sunday when your were screamin "GO T.O., GO T.O.!!!! Then you and your buddies talked about how wonderful T.O was for playing hurt in the Super Bowl and how they almost won.....and now you hate him more than the devil himself. Did you ever think if your "superstar" QB woulda spent more time making plays in the SB instead of barfing all over the field your team may have a ring by now? :D

You mean the "passion" of the fans who booed McNabb at the draft, cheered while Michael Irvin lay paralyzed on the turf, and attacked Tie Domi in the penalty box? Yeah, I know plenty about that. Where I come from, it's called "idiocy."

Say what you want about my lack of committment to a particular team, but at least I show class when I attend those games.

we were all ther at each of those events.....we're also there in NY when they boo...and in Cleveland when they throw beer bottles...and in oakland where they have actually killed a fan of the opposing team in the parkinglot...

I remember being at all of those events and remember why we are the worst fans in the world..

we were all ther at each of those events.....we're also there in NY when they boo...and in Cleveland when they throw beer bottles...and in oakland where they have actually killed a fan of the opposing team in the parkinglot...

I remember being at all of those events and remember why we are the worst fans in the world..

When did I ever claim that New York, Cleveland, and Oakland fans were saints? Hell, Boston fans are jackasses as well.

See, this is the one that always cracks me up when a Philly fan brings it up...you probly still have your green T.O jersey hangin' in the back of your closet. You know, the one you wore every Sunday when your were screamin "GO T.O., GO T.O.!!!! Then you and your buddies talked about how wonderful T.O was for playing hurt in the Super Bowl and how they almost won.....and now you hate him more than the devil himself. Did you ever think if your "superstar" QB woulda spent more time making plays in the SB instead of barfing all over the field your team may have a ring by now? :D

Actually I burned mine in October. You remember that date don't you? It was the FIRST game the Eagles beat the Cowboys this year. Oh, and it was the FIRST game that ME.O. did nothing against our defense this year as well. :D

When did I ever claim that New York, Cleveland, and Oakland fans were saints? Hell, Boston fans are jackasses as well.

you never did...I am just stating that we were there when that stuff happened.....

this explains why nobody brings that stuff up....because Philly fans were there for every bad moment in sports history...

Edited by Avernus

Congratulations. You've got "class." I for one never booed McNabb. I have a slight case of 'man love' for the guy. I think he has "class." I actually boo that d-bag who wears shoulder pads to the games and paints his face. One of the so called "Dirty Thirty."

Anyway, you know you can't label an entire fan base w/a blanket statement like that. I love caring and rooting for my team. At least Philly is a town like that. Albeit unneccessary, but many of us live and die w/our teams. Unlike Indy.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/footbal...sports-football

Congratulations. You've got "class."

Yes I do, thank you. Perhaps your buddies in Philly should take note.

Anyway, you know you can't label an entire fan base w/a blanket statement like that.

So, are you saying that the label on Philly sports fans is undeserved? Was it just a coincidence that The Vet had its own holding cell for violent fans? Do hockey fans in all NHL cities duke it out with opposing players in the penalty box?

I suppose you'll be telling me next that Yankees and Red Sox fans are as polite as Cardinals and Astros fans. Because, hey, you can't label an entire fan base with a blanket statement! :D

I love caring and rooting for my team. At least Philly is a town like that. Albeit unneccessary, but many of us live and die w/our teams. Unlike Indy.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/footbal...sports-football

LOL at the biased article about the INDIANAPOLIS Colts from the crybaby losers at the Baltimore Sun. :D

:bash:

Edited by Bill Swerski

Yes I do, thank you. Perhaps your buddies in Philly should take note.

So, are you saying that the label on Philly sports fans is undeserved? Was it just a coincidence that The Vet had its own holding cell for violent fans? Do hockey fans in all NHL cities duke it out with opposing players in the penalty box?

I suppose you'll be telling me next that Yankees and Red Sox fans are as polite as Cardinals and Astros fans. Because, hey, you can't label an entire fan base with a blanket statement! :D

LOL at the biased article about the INDIANAPOLIS Colts from the crybaby losers at the Baltimore Sun. :D

:clap:

CLASSY!!!

:bash:

Read this and then tell me how label is justified. We're the easy target ever since the Santa Claus incident. Everything that happens with Philly fans gets overblown by people like you, malta69, and the media. Do we have our share of a-holes...absolutely. Are they the majority of Philly fans...not even close.

Read this and then tell me how label is justified. We're the easy target ever since the Santa Claus incident. Everything that happens with Philly fans gets overblown by people like you, malta69, and the media. Do we have our share of a-holes...absolutely. Are they the majority of Philly fans...not even close.

So, it's OK for Philly fans to express their displeasure in a completely obnoxious and over-the-top manner (becuase, hey, that's being "passionate") as long as they cheer guys like Rowand to make up for it? How about they just not act like jackasses in the first place? Oh, right, it's because they're "passionate." :D

And it's funny how the media blows all of this behavior out of proportion, isn't it? I mean, why would they single out Philly?

Mind you, I agree that it's a minority of sports fans in Philly that deserve this label and I'm well aware that fans in some other cities are bad as well. But I think it's obvious that Philly's fans are singled out for a reason other than unfair media bias.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Actually I burned mine in October. You remember that date don't you? It was the FIRST game the Eagles beat the Cowboys this year. Oh, and it was the FIRST game that ME.O. did nothing against our defense this year as well. :D

so, in summary, the eagles had a decent regular season and flopped in the postseason.... :D

in other news, water is wet. :bash:

so, in summary, the eagles had a unexpectedly great regular season after losing their starting QB, won the divison, won a playoff game, and almost upset the Saints in New Orleans.....all while being predicted to finish last in the division by countless, clueless Cowboy fans.

in other news, Dallas still has not won a playoff game in over a decade, their Qb has lost all confidence after the biggest bonehead play since Bill Buckner, had their coach quit on them, and have perhaps the league's worst owner creating havoc....and oh yeah, are considering hiring a QB coach to lead their squad to several season's of sub-.500 football.

fixed.

just a note on all this - the "jail" think is very overused - almost all arenas have some sort of temporary holding space. i know this because I've been witness to fans (actually friends) having to go the "stadium" jail in both the Georgia Dome and Phillips Arena in Atlanta, about the most non-confrontational sports town in america. (both times were due to ticket stuff)

Philly got a bad rap cause it's funny to make fun of it, but it's a logistical reality when you have 50,000 people, 200 cops, and a bunch of petty crap where all you really want to do is calm the perpetrator down for a while that a holding cell makes sense.