[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2007 Hall of Fame Ballot

justin

Thurman Thomas - no brainer, should have been elected last year.

Bruce Matthews - another no brainer. 14 consective ProBowls - no other lineman has more.

Mike Irvin - stats and game presence were exceptional. Key member of several championship teams

Art Monk - same goes for him as Irving

Derrick Thomas - career cut short, but a model player

At least three, but no more than six can be voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2007. There's my ballot.

I went five, but if I were to vote a sixth, it'd be Russ Grimm.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thurman Thomas - no brainer, should have been elected last year.

Bruce Matthews - another no brainer. 14 consective ProBowls - no other lineman has more.

Mike Irvin - stats and game presence were exceptional. Key member of several championship teams

Art Monk - same goes for him as Irving

Derrick Thomas - career cut short, but a model player

Agreed that most should be in, but think that Irvin's a real borderline case. His peers (Rice, Carter, Reed, Brown, Bruce) were a cut above.

Edited by Bill Swerski

at least now, you are talking a little bit of sense. carter is at least a guy who had a great career.

i'm not why irvin gets so much praise.

Even if you consider that Irvin's TEAM won three SBs, Irvin only caught two TDs in those three games and only eight total in 16 playoff games. His regular season stats are no better than Jimmy Smith's and I'm pretty sure that HE'S not going into Canton.

The Hall has become a joke. They're more interested in showcasing guys who played on high-profile SB teams (Irvin, Aikman, Namath, Bradshaw) than INDIVIDUALS who had truly-great CAREERS.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Even if you consider that Irvin's TEAM won three SBs, Irvin only caught two TDs in those three games and only eight total in 16 playoff games. His regular season stats are no better than Jimmy Smith's and I'm pretty sure that HE'S not going into Canton.

The Hall has become a joke. They're more interested in showcasing guys who played on high-profile SB teams (Irvin, Aikman, Namath, Bradshaw) than INDIVIDUALS who had truly-great CAREERS.

Irvin's stats are pretty comparable to Monk's, no?

Irvin-750 catches 11,904 yds 65 td's

Monk-940 catches12,7221 yds 68 td's

only Monk played 4 seasons longer than Irvin...

postseason lines

Irvin 16 games 1314 yds 8 tds

Monk 15 games 1062 yds 7 tds

Look I'm not saying Irvin belongs in there or that Monk does or does'nt. It just seems that everyone on the planet thinks Monk should be in there and alot of people don't think Irvin should. I don't get it. And IMO the off the field stuff should'nt be considered in the voting. Pete Rose not being in the MLB Hall is a hugh joke. Again, JMO.

Look I'm not saying Irvin belongs in there or that Monk does or does'nt. It just seems that everyone on the planet thinks Monk should be in there and alot of people don't think Irvin should. I don't get it.

I think it's because Monk has been snubbed a few years and didn't have some of the off-field issues.

Irvin's stats are pretty comparable to Monk's, no?

Irvin-750 catches 11,904 yds 65 td's

Monk-940 catches12,7221 yds 68 td's

only Monk played 4 seasons longer than Irvin...

postseason lines

Irvin 16 games 1314 yds 8 tds

Monk 15 games 1062 yds 7 tds

Monk played in a different era and was one of the elite WRs of his day. Who was better than Monk in the '80s, besdies Rice, Lofton, and Largent?

In Irvin's era, I can name A LOT more WRs who were clearly better: Rice, Carter, Brown, Reed, Bruce, Henry Ellard. Jimmy Smith and Irving Fryar were AT LEAST as good as Irvin. Sterling Sharpe was more dominant than Irvin before the neck injury that forced him into retirement.

Look I'm not saying Irvin belongs in there or that Monk does or does'nt. It just seems that everyone on the planet thinks Monk should be in there and alot of people don't think Irvin should. I don't get it. And IMO the off the field stuff should'nt be considered in the voting. Pete Rose not being in the MLB Hall is a hugh joke. Again, JMO.

Irvin only got in because he was on three championship teams and you're propping him up because he's one of yours. There must've been a lot of other Cowboys fans on the voting committee. JMO.

Monk played in a different era and was one of the elite WRs of his day. Who was better than Monk in the '80s, besdies Rice, Lofton, and Largent?

In Irvin's era, I can name A LOT more WRs who were clearly better

Monk was top 10 in catches 4 times, yds 3 times and td's once.

Irvin was top 10 in catches 4 times, yds 6 times and td's 5 times.

NJMO.