[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts on keeper league off-season trade?

Locness_Monster

My RBs (and their 2007 salaries)

Steven Jackson $40

Maurice Jones-Drew $6

Laurence Maroney $28

Mike Bell $13

Marion Barber III $15

He has Shaun Alexander at $34.

I've offered Maroney and either Bell or Barber for SA. He wants Maroney and Jones-Drew.

Some thoughts:

1. SA is on the decline, IMO. I think that 2005 was the pinnacle of his career. He turns 30 this year and will hit the 2,000 career carry mark. I am treating SA as a mercenary for one-year. If I go into the draft with SJ and SA, I'll be sitting pretty.

2. I think MJD is the future of J-ville and of my squad. I don't think Fred Taylor will get paid like he wants.

Thoughts?

If you don't like his counter, you're not likely to get SA.

Barber is currently in an RBBC as is Bell. Neither looks like a decent value with Drew there at half the price, albeit also in an RBBC but with potentially a lot more upside than either of the other 2.

Add to the equation that Alexander is a proven commodity, who is going ot be coming off of a relatively light workload season, and Maroney is hardly proven. It still remains to be seen what if any role Dillon has next season.

If I were him, I would not take Maroney and one of the backs you offered, and it would be a tough call, having to take into account the makeup of the rest of his team, to take Maroney and Drew.

That said, you would lock up SJax and Alexander as your starting RBs, and if Bell or Barber were to emerge, would have a decent backup RB.

I suppose it is on you... go into next season with two proven studs at RB, of go in with one proven stud and 4 guys with potential, but nothing solidly proven between the lot of them.

I would like to lock up 2 #1 RBs. I would like to "make my run" this year.

Anyways, that deal doesn't look like its going anywhere.

Here's the newest one:

Mike Bell ($13) for Reggie Wayne ($16) and Jerious Norwood ($6)

Thoughts?

I do that. Wayne is a legitmate #1 WR. Bell could easily see split or no carries if Denver brings in a veteran (Dillon/Lewis come to mind) or uses a high pick on an RB. Norwood is adder with potential, as if Dunn is not back, he could easily get the bulk of carries, though Atlanta too may look to bring in a veteran if they let Dunn go.

I do that. Wayne is a legitmate #1 WR. Bell could easily see split or no carries if Denver brings in a veteran (Dillon/Lewis come to mind) or uses a high pick on an RB. Norwood is adder with potential, as if Dunn is not back, he could easily get the bulk of carries, though Atlanta too may look to bring in a veteran if they let Dunn go.

+1

Agreed. Make this deal while M. Bell appears to be the feature back in Denver. Because in a short while, you know that Shanahan will pull another RB out of thin air to split carries with him.

You get a stud WR in Wayne and a cheap prospect RB that may get thrown to the forefront depending on the situation with Warrick Dunn. I like it.