[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Advice

cliaz

I guess you didn't read the whole thread before you posted this.

But I have to lose 20 hours of vacation time OR lost 20 hours of pay through the year. Doesn't seem fair.

How is it that you are losing vacation time?

You are not losing it. You are spending it to compensate for time you are off. That's what it's for.

And you get 3 day weekends every weekend for it. Wow...somebody's getting late in their cycle...

If we have to use 10 hours of PTO if we call in to work or for vacation for a day we are out then we should get paid 10 hours for holiday pay because that is our normal day.

Nope for all the reasons so eloquently stated above :D

We have flex time and the several weeks we have holidays during the year we revert to a 5x8 system for everyone.

How is it that you are losing vacation time?

You are not losing it. You are spending it to compensate for time you are off. That's what it's for.

And you get 3 day weekends every weekend for it. Wow...somebody's getting late in their cycle...

None of this matters now as my boss just called me and told me that on weeks where there is a holiday we work 5 days that week.

Edited by cliaz

We have flex time and the several weeks we have holidays during the year we revert to a 5x8 system for everyone.

None of this matters now as my boss just called me and told me that on weeks where there is a holiday we work 5 days that week.

I didn't realize that you work with me. I was wondering how you got that photo of me in your sigline.

I didn't realize that you work with me. I was wondering how you got that photo of me in your sigline.

Well the boss doesn't like that fact that we have to use 2 hours of vacation time when we are not hourly (whatever that means) so he just said put in 8 hours in your time sheets for that week.

Well the boss doesn't like that fact that we have to use 2 hours of vacation time when we are not hourly (whatever that means) so he just said put in 8 hours in your time sheets for that week.

I think he is referring to the fact that you are an exempt employee and get paid a salary rate as opposed as getting paid an hourly rate.

Seems to me another way of looking at it is this...

You work 4 10 hour days each week or 40 hours.

If you took one day off it would cost you 1.2 days of vacation if they pay you 8 hrs each day of vacation.

By that cost, you could take a week off for 5 days....or by literally spending a week of vacation.

They are the same.

Hey ... I have an idea ... during holiday weeks why don't you put in 2 twenty hour days ... that way you can demand that your holiday pay should be 20 hours for a single holiday.

Were you born a smart a$$ or was there a school you attended?