[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Tail of the Dragon-Deals Gap North Carolina

PantherDave

I have done it twice in Da Vette. It is a remarkable road. She nearly puked...but it is scarier being the passenger. If I have time coming home from the enormously large weener meeting Corvette Cruise In in May, I may have to jump on it. It's f'n awesome!

I'm not sure if I still have the pics from there uploaded. Lemme check.

Edited by TimC

I have done it twice in Da Vette. It is a remarkable road. She nearly puked...but it is scarier being the passenger. If I have time coming home from the enormously large weener meeting Corvette Cruise In in May, I may have to jump on it. It's f'n awesome!

I'm not sure if I still have the pics from there uploaded. Lemme check.

I know, we went for the first time in 06, I remember Fontanna Village, but the road still just runs together. I wonder how many times it would take to know the Dragon..because ya never tame her.

Can't find any pictures right now...I think they might be hosted over at Corvetteforum.com. Can't remember.

The real crazy folk doing it are the motorcycles. Those guys are insane.

We started off on the other side of that place you stop at the end (can't remember the name) and didn't know where it started. It started a little curvy but we thought no big deal, then we hit the first turn of the dragon and I thought I could see the back end of the '94 Vette and we both just went "whoa".

I hear the cops are patrolling it religiously nowadays because of all the accidents. I hit it around 60 MPH or so...which is twice as fast as safe IMO. The guy in front of me left me in the dust. I couldn't take it as fast as I wanted to because she was screaming her head off :D.

Edited by TimC

Mrs. PD would just close her eyes on some turns- especially the blind up hill pulls. Then I'd get in one of the "chutes" and I'd open #5 up gain some speed..she's start just laughing like hell...then curve..massive gear down and she'd be white knuckled and eyes clamped shut-just an incredible road.

#5 is our 1996 300zx, as it was #5 the final 300 produced in 1996. 3.0 lt ,Ours Dyno'ed at 231 HP, 5 speed, 2+2, T Tops.

We will tackle the Dragon in 08 with the 1994 300zx convertible, 59K orginal miles, I have on it's way from Houston next week, as #5 is going to have a garage mate.

I know people that go there every year in May for some dumb mini cooper event. Then again, I meet up with fantasy football nerds every September now for WCOFF so I'll shut up.

Yeah, a Mini Cooper, now that would be on the top of the list to attack the Dragon with :D The Z car was always designed as a stop light to stop light type car, so the twist and turns and gear downs of the Tail of the Dragon makes it one of the ideal places on the planet actually to attack with 240 Z thru the 350Z's.

Yeah, a Mini Cooper, now that would be on the top of the list to attack the Dragon with :D The Z car was always designed as a stop light to stop light type car, so the twist and turns and gear downs of the Tail of the Dragon makes it one of the ideal places on the planet actually to attack with 240 Z thru the 350Z's.

Beats me. :D but I'm sure you'd get a different response from someone that drives a mini cooper.

Check out the movie The Italian Job, I think it'll change your opinion on how the cooper handles and why they head to the dragon each year.

Personally, you're all a bunch of nutjobs with your cars.

Beats me. :D but I'm sure you'd get a different response from someone that drives a mini cooper.

Check out the movie The Italian Job, I think it'll change your opinion on how the cooper handles and why they head to the dragon each year.

Personally, you're all a bunch of nutjobs with your cars.

Yeah, my wife as well, she's had every model of Z except the 350, as she say's it looks like an Audi and VW Bug reproduced. So, when it's your wife as well, it's really good fun in a car club. The MC is a good street car, just played tag with one last week-it had the British Flag painted on the roof.

Yeah, my wife as well, she's had every model of Z except the 350, as she say's it looks like an Audi and VW Bug reproduced. So, when it's your wife as well, it's really good fun in a car club. The MC is a good street car, just played tag with one last week-it had the British Flag painted on the roof.

I hear you, a few of my relatives and immediate family are in car clubs and they get pretty obsessive with their rides. It sounds like they have a good time though.

I hear you, a few of my relatives and immediate family are in car clubs and they get pretty obsessive with their rides. It sounds like they have a good time though.

Well said, as Mrs. PD's parents are in the Classic Car Club of Wilmington now and have been in a car club whereever they lived all of Mrs.PD's and her sisters live's. My side was my father, as he owned a Ford Dealership in the late 60's thru the mid 80's, so I grew up with 67 Fast Backs and 68 Fast Backs(Steve McQueen-Bullit, we watched the chase scene last night..Mustang vs Charger 1968..classic.), Mach 1's, the Grand Torinos....old man drove a Starky and Hutch one for awhile.

They make a Supercharged Mini Cooper at the factory. About 30K all told. I would definitely attack the Tail of the Dragon with one of those. Damn thing must handle like a cat that's been fed a couple of Red Bulls. :D