[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We Grow Em Big Down Here!

spain

That is a terrible story. One of the kids in my class, I teach 3rd grade so they're 8-9, is 150 lbs and she was 125 lbs to start the year in Sept. Obviously she's nowhere near as big as this girl but she makes the other kids in my class look like smurfs. Many of the kids in class are 50-60 lbs. so she outweighs by 100 lbs in the 3rd grade!! She has some trouble walking, breathing, completing assignments in class as she's always tired and of course she rarely participates effectively in Phys. Ed or playing games at recess. When we spoke to her mom about it, at first she was defensive but is starting to realize how important it is that she help her daughter drop weight. By the way the daughter is a tiny version of mom so mom needs to get moving as well. The 2 of them have joined a gym and are working out together, so we'll see if it makes a difference by June.

Oh and she's currently being tested as they think she's diabetic.

Edited by irish

I think the child in spains link has to have some sort of medical reason that attributes( but doesnt fully account for ) her size..Im sure she is eating more then she should obviously and she isnt eating healthy but I think a kid just cant get to 400 lbs at 7 years old without a medical problem ..

Edited by whomper

Here's an article about an 8 year old in Britain weighing 218 pounds. The social services were going to take him from his home but they've reached agreement with the mother to not do so for the time being as long as he loses weight.

The subject of this thread is double that weight and a year younger! :D

I think the child in spains link has to have some sort of medical reason that attributes( but doesnt fully account for ) her size..Im sure she is eating more then she should obviously and she isnt eating healthy but I think a kid just cant get to 400 lbs at 7 years old without a medical problem ..

Please. You bring your skinny Wop ass down here and I will get you on a diet of fried everything so that you will blow up to the size of Marlon Brando in 6 months!!

Please. You bring your skinny Wop ass down here and I will get you on a diet of fried everything so that you will blow up to the size of Marlon Brando in 6 months!!

Ill bring the pasta

Sweet! Wait until you try the deep fried Pasta! :D

mmmmm... deep fried pasta

:D

(Edit to add: In St. Louis they actually do deep fry pasta. (They call it "toasted ravioli" but don't let the name fool you, it is deep fried goodness.) :tup:

Edited by wiegie