[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wheel of Time Series

cliaz

They both have land masses and oceans. They both also have mountains. The oceans on both maps are to the east of the land masses. Other than that, they don't appear all that similar. When is Jordan's next book coming out?

They both have land masses and oceans. They both also have mountains. The oceans on both maps are to the east of the land masses. Other than that, they don't appear all that similar. When is Jordan's next book coming out?

Do you have . Knife of Dreams? it was released in October. There is a good chance that he will not be able to finish the last book as he has:

Illness

On March 23, 2006, Jordan disclosed in a statement [2] in a firm and optimistic tone that he has been diagnosed with primary amyloidosis with cardiomyopathy, and that, with treatment, his median life expectancy is four years, though he says he intends to beat the statistics. He later posted on his Dragonmount blog to encourage his fans not to worry about him and that he intends to have a long and fully creative life, working for another 30 years.

He began chemotherapy treatment at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota in early April 2006.[3] Mr. Jordan is currently enrolled in a study using a drug just approved for multiple myeloma but not yet tested on primary amyloidosis. On September 15, 2006, he added a post to his blog noting good news concerning his condition (though he has not yet gone into remission)

On November 8, Jordan confirmed the report of his progress in a post on the Dragonmount blog, stating that he had experienced a 25% reduction in Lambda light chain levels. The wider results of his test group, studying treatment under the drug Revlimid, is inconclusive showing (according to Jordan) numbers that are "all over the place". The reduction is in spite of the fact that Jordan was taken off the Revlimid due to some kidney troubles believed linked to the treatment. However, with this situation stabilized he is back on the drug and is enjoying the freedom of home-care; sending self-collected blood samples in monthly, receiving medications by mail, and returning to the Mayo Clinic in three month intervals.

On December 22, Jordan announced that his Lambda light chain levels had gone down to a rating of 3.14 (with 1 to 3 being considered normal / healthy).[4] This level refers to the amount of amyloid like material found on examination, and gives prognostic information to physicians.

On January 22, Jordan's blog announced that the Lambda light chain levels had dropped to a rating of 2.70.[5] It should be noted that for the first time since his diagnosis in March 2006 Mr. Jordan's Lambda light chains are within the normal limits. ((Information taken from the A Memory of Light page.))

There is much more to the Wheel of Time series than the map. The story is much more involved, more characters, an historical aspect within the storyline, different powers, etc. Is Robert Jordan as a fantasy writer the product of Tolkien's work...yes. Did Jordan rip off Tolkien?...no.

And that is a shame about Jordan's health. I've read all of his books and will buy the last book in the series, which Jordan says will be the one he is working on currently..."if you have to carry it out of the bookstore in a wheelbarrow, it will be the last Wheel of Time novel"...:D I guess Jordan meant that crap!

There is much more to the Wheel of Time series than the map. The story is much more involved, more characters, an historical aspect within the storyline, different powers, etc. Is Robert Jordan as a fantasy writer the product of Tolkien's work...yes. Did Jordan rip off Tolkien?...no.

And that is a shame about Jordan's health. I've read all of his books and will buy the last book in the series, which Jordan says will be the one he is working on currently..."if you have to carry it out of the bookstore in a wheelbarrow, it will be the last Wheel of Time novel"...:D I guess Jordan meant that crap!

i like it also and it will need to be about 2000 pages to rap up everthing

I've read on here that others have enjoyed the series but that it really tails in the last few books. I picked up 3 or 4 of the first ones some time back thinking i would get into it, but haven't yet. Is the story arc worth the time to invest in multiple 800 page novels? I'm not a big reader, but am trying to improve that.

I've read on here that others have enjoyed the series but that it really tails in the last few books. I picked up 3 or 4 of the first ones some time back thinking i would get into it, but haven't yet. Is the story arc worth the time to invest in multiple 800 page novels? I'm not a big reader, but am trying to improve that.

it does read pretty fast and yes it kinda drags but is still interesting... he has so much shiiiiiit going on that its going to be intersting to read how he raps it all up

It was to me. True the last few books have not been as good as the first couple, but they are still better than 95% of the books in this type of genre.

And yet you presumably spent the time to read all 8 of them. What does that make you? :D

I didnt read em. I read the first 3-4, almost killed myself, and then stopped. I pick them up when they come out and flip through em. I read a few chapters in 9 and I think it was word for word the same thing I read in 3.

You asked if you should read them and the answer is no. Unless you want to get more stupider.

I didnt read em. I read the first 3-4, almost killed myself, and then stopped. I pick them up when they come out and flip through em. I read a few chapters in 9 and I think it was word for word the same thing I read in 3.

You asked if you should read them and the answer is no. Unless you want to get more stupider.

I somewhat disagree with this. IMO the first 4 books were pretty good, and I thought the first book was very good.

From 5-9, the books went steadily downhill. 9 was deep, true suck. 10 was a little bit of a comeback. emphasize on the little.

I'll probably read the rest just so I know what happens (even though it's fairly obvious).

All I can say is that Martin is 1000% better.

I'm plodding along with the "The Sword of Truth" series, and I'm gonna take my time with it and read some other material as well. I can tell it's gonna take some time to finish, but I'm coming in late so all the books should be done-if they are not already. I'd still like to :D Stephen King for that BS ending of the Dark Tower-cop out bastige.

I'm plodding along with the "The Sword of Truth" series, and I'm gonna take my time with it and read some other material as well. I can tell it's gonna take some time to finish, but I'm coming in late so all the books should be done-if they are not already. I'd still like to :D Stephen King for that BS ending of the Dark Tower-cop out bastige.

Is your avy a picture of a chick's a$$ in a bikini?

I somewhat disagree with this. IMO the first 4 books were pretty good, and I thought the first book was very good.

From 5-9, the books went steadily downhill. 9 was deep, true suck. 10 was a little bit of a comeback. emphasize on the little.

I'll probably read the rest just so I know what happens (even though it's fairly obvious).

All I can say is that Martin is 1000% better.

The Song of Fire and Ice series?

The Song of Fire and Ice series?

Yes.

And this is despite the fact that I was extremely disappointed in book 4. He spent a whole book away from the best characters and storylines.

Granted, the book itself was fine, but it didn't meet my expectations for seeing certain plotlines. That said, all of those plotlines will now be merged into book 5, which should be stellar! :D

Yes.

And this is despite the fact that I was extremely disappointed in book 4. He spent a whole book away from the best characters and storylines.

Granted, the book itself was fine, but it didn't meet my expectations for seeing certain plotlines. That said, all of those plotlines will now be merged into book 5, which should be stellar! :D

The same thing for me with Goodkind and the second book "Stone of Tears" as it's spinning of into numerous subplots etc. So, I can see the need for so many novels to follow-and there all thick bastiges as well....lotta reading to come.

The same thing for me with Goodkind and the second book "Stone of Tears" as it's spinning of into numerous subplots etc. So, I can see the need for so many novels to follow-and there all thick bastiges as well....lotta reading to come.

I tried to read Goodkind. I guess it was okay to pass the time.

JMO, but that series is a ripoff of Jordan, which is one of the reasons I put it down.

To the fantasy fans out there, give Kay a peak...

Song

Tigana

and lions

and... I have to assume that any fan of fantasy worth his 9th level erotisism spell and hat has to familiar with Eddings..... not too deep - but great characters with dialog that will make you laugh aloud

The Elinium

and The Belgariad

alright... I will leave myself open with this one... I was going to make it a post.. but figured that my reputation is pink and lacey enough...

so... I am kicking off a new game (roleplaying nerd here) and I need one more person to round things out... so I went to a lot of rpg boards and started collecting email addresses to see if I can find the right personality to fill this role...

well... we play a low fantasy game but when writing the email to all of these people - something happened (fingers don't always connect to the brain) I typed 'love fantasy game' .... rather than 'low fantasy game'

I did not notice until somebody got back to me this morning and said... sounds great... but um... what exactly is a 'love fantasy' game? dang, that must have seemed creepy. last thing you want is some guy you don't know inviting your to a 'love fantasy' game... and this freakin' email went out to like 20-30 people. le sigh.... day in the life and all...

Edited by Duchess Jack