[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

another blow for detroit area and mi

dmarc117

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI: The Michigan legislature is Republican-led.

Help me understand this a bit more. I don't pay that much attention to politics, just don't.

If the Governor (sp?) is D and the Speaker of the House is a D then how is it R led? Is it because the Senate is a majority R with the the Speaker obviously being a R also?

granholm is a putz.....

Gail Madziar, spokeswoman for the Michigan Bankers Association, said banks mostly fear Granholm's proposal to replace the Single Business Tax with a new tax on gross receipts and company assets. Madziar said her organization is negotiating with Granholm for changes.

:D

Gail Madziar, spokeswoman for the Michigan Bankers Association, said banks mostly fear Granholm's proposal to replace the Single Business Tax with a new tax on gross receipts and company assets. Madziar said her organization is negotiating with Granholm for changes.

Sounds like what Cuomo did in NY in the '90s. That was a disaster as well.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Help me understand this a bit more. I don't pay that much attention to politics, just don't.

If the Governor (sp?) is D and the Speaker of the House is a D then how is it R led? Is it because the Senate is a majority R with the the Speaker obviously being a R also?

The MI Senate is Republican-led and so was the House until January.

yeah, that whole 2% tax on services...republican idea, right?

I never said it was.

Now having said that, there really isn't any theoretical reason that I can think of for why good should be taxed, but services should not. (As a matter of fact, it probably is correct that taxing goods but not taxing services, makes overall sales taxes regressive.)

(And that doesn't mean that I am in favor of raising taxes--they could adjust the taxes in a revenue-neutral way if desired.)

:D

Dmarc, would you care to:

1) explain how the dems can bypass the Senate to enact new policies (hence giving the Dems the ability to enact their policies "unfettered")

&

2) explain exactly when you think the MI economy went into the crapper and then explain how this jibes with your notion that the dems' policies are the reasons that MI isn't doing well even though the GOP controlled both houses of the legislature in MI until a few weeks ago

Dmarc, would you care to:

1) explain how the dems can bypass the Senate to enact new policies (hence giving the Dems the ability to enact their policies "unfettered")

&

2) explain exactly when you think the MI economy went into the crapper and then explain how this jibes with your notion that the dems' policies are the reasons that MI isn't doing well even though the GOP controlled both houses of the legislature in MI until a few weeks ago

no

True story:

I just went up to Costco to get some gas and as I was at the pump the attendant came around and I asked him how things were going. He said, "I'm great... The weather is warm (i.e. upper 30's) and the sun is shining and that's one of the few things that we don't have to pay taxes on... although I'm sure Granholm (MI's governor) is trying to figure out how to change that." I chuckled and just said "yep". :D

Canada? As bad as Detroit is right now, Canada is still Canada the last time I checked. They're pretty much still only good for Hockey, Strip Joints, 19 and up bars, and Don Cherry.

Plus they wouldn't want our crime or ChuckB . :D

Good call here....I'm not even sure if I'm allowed in Canada anymore :D

:D Paging spain to pour a little salt on the wound.

Thats not very nice. It doesnt take me "pouring salt in a wound" for everybody to know that Detroit is the quintessential Democratic rustbelt city of high taxes, corrupt gobment, lazy unmotivated union workers, and dangerous ghetto's . They are the crusty dingleberry on the ass hole of the country. Companies continue to evacuate that oozing anal pustule like a blue hair Baptist empties her bowels after a high colonic and a case of metamusil. Everything about that cesspool reeks of piss and decaying fecal matter, so its no surprise that all the rats are trying to jump off that bubonic plague filled sinking ship.

The unfortunate thing is the jack asses that are from there, what with their stupid accents and bad haircuts, decide to move HERE! And even with their pervasive annoying habit of telling everybody how great things were back THERE, I have yet to see even one of these ass wipes move back to that God forsaken infected colon polop of a city. No, like Mexians or a wine stain on a white shirt: once they get in, you cant get them out. But unlike Mexicans, they really arent that interested in cutting your grass or roofing your house. Then they raise their fat, ugly, bad toothed little Dam yankee kids here and wear those stupid RedWings spamshirts to Preds games. Rude, arrogant, and so stupid they cant even change a bad tire, we are inundated with the worst testicular parasites the world has to offer.

If only Stonewall Jackson hadnt been mortally wounded....

Edited by spain