[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can keep 2 franchise players

Been great past year...missing football, as wait for the baseball season to start......Anyway, in ten team league....keep 2 franchise players...scoring is 6 for rushing/receiving td....1 pt every 25 yds rushing/receiving........Emphasis is on RB's, similar to most leagues....Will slap one franchise tag on Frank Gore.......figure it comes down to either Ronnie Brown or Joseph Addai???

With Ricky possibly in the mix next year, and Rhodes most likely gone does Addai have most upside??

thanks...

Been great past year...missing football, as wait for the baseball season to start......Anyway, in ten team league....keep 2 franchise players...scoring is 6 for rushing/receiving td....1 pt every 25 yds rushing/receiving........Emphasis is on RB's, similar to most leagues....Will slap one franchise tag on Frank Gore.......figure it comes down to either Ronnie Brown or Joseph Addai???

With Ricky possibly in the mix next year, and Rhodes most likely gone does Addai have most upside??

thanks...

I like Addai. He will be carrying the load for the Colts and I feel he's ready for a great season.

While Addai has performed admirably, I'm concerned about his ability to carry a full load. I see him as a RB who will always have someone cutting significantly into his production - or he's going to have health issues.

With Brown, you know what you're getting. He's a RB who can carry the featured workload. I don't think R Williams is going to impact him much - maybe one season at most. But MIA needs to get something for Williams - and there are teams out there with significant enough RB issues that they'll take a chance on him - because if he is 100% you can't have 2 RBs like that on the same team.

Call it going against the grain, but I like Brown's chances at higher production better for the foreseeable future.

BTW - with those 3 RBs, I'm definitely looking at trading one of the three for a high future draft pick, since you're going to have to dump one eventually. Let the trade offers determine which 2 you keep.

Edited by Bronco Billy

[. I see him as a RB who will always have someone cutting significantly into his production - or he's going to have health issues.

Thanks, Bronco Billy....appreciate it......I cant see someone next year cutting into his production, unless Indy goes out and signs a veteran Free agent back.....they seem to be ready to let Rhodes walk away, and hand the keys over to Addai......

Guess will see what shakes out with Ricky...Ronnie and Miami....

hear what you say about trading one for high draft pick.....but.....can ONLY franchise 2 players.....so...if i pick Addai and Gore, I no longer have the rights to Brown....all teams need to have 2 franchise players desingated heading into draft....I couldnt trade Brown to a team for their first round pick, and still keep Addai and Gore....

hear what you say about trading one for high draft pick.....but.....can ONLY franchise 2 players.....so...if i pick Addai and Gore, I no longer have the rights to Brown....all teams need to have 2 franchise players desingated heading into draft....I couldnt trade Brown to a team for their first round pick, and still keep Addai and Gore....

Why can't you trade one before keepers are declared? Unless your league has a roster freeze in place until the draft, there is no reason you shouldn't be able to find a trade partner. And you don't neccessarily need a high draft pick, as something is better than nothing. Shop them and take the highest offer if you want. Your only real bargaiing chip is the threat to toss the player back into the draft pool.

That said, I agree with Billy's assessment that long term, I just see Brown having more durability, but the Ricky situation this year and Rhodes leaving may give Addai a slight edge for this season, barring any future changes to the makeup of either team (ie, Miami dealing Ricky or Indy bringing in a back)

unfortunately way our league works is that all teams go into draft day with 2 designated franchise players, and thats it........so, can designate Brown and Gore....Gore and Addai....or what have you.

I cannot trade Ronnie Brown NOW for a draft pick, name Addai and Gore, and go into Draft with Addai, Gore and extra pick.....Both players, brown and addai, have upside...I think Colts are better team than Dolphins...until Miami figures out qb situation, will stack box against Brown.......that said, most likely leaning towards Addai, especially with Rhodes gone....

unfortunately way our league works is that all teams go into draft day with 2 designated franchise players, and thats it........so, can designate Brown and Gore....Gore and Addai....or what have you.

I cannot trade Ronnie Brown NOW for a draft pick, name Addai and Gore, and go into Draft with Addai, Gore and extra pick.....Both players, brown and addai, have upside...I think Colts are better team than Dolphins...until Miami figures out qb situation, will stack box against Brown.......that said, most likely leaning towards Addai, especially with Rhodes gone....

Does your league forbid trading picks completely for keepers? If so, that needs to be addressed. One of the reasons for playing in a keeper league is to be rewarded for being a prescient & knowledgeable owner - and if that means you accumulate more valuable talent than you can keep, you ought to be rewarded for that too.

If the league rule states that you can't have a differential of draft picks/players between teams, then swap one of the RBs & one of your lower picks for a higher pick & a piece of crap player that you can drop when its time to declare keepers.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Does your league forbid trading picks completely for keepers? If so, that needs to be addressed. One of the reasons for playing in a keeper league is to be rewarded for being a prescient & knowledgeable owner - and if that means you accumulate more valuable talent than you can keep, you ought to be rewarded for that too.

If the league rule states that you can't have a differential of draft picks/players between teams, then swap one of the RBs & one of your lower picks for a higher pick & a piece of crap player that you can drop when its time to declare keepers.

What he said. Heck, one of the things I enjoy most about keeper leagues (and to an extent dynasty leagues) is the offseason maneuvering of players and picks BEFORE the keeper cutdown date. In my local, this was actually when the most trade activity took place as we allowed the players, the current year's picks and picks one year in the future to be traded, so there would be a flurry of activity as owner's tried to upgrade their keeper situation heading into the current draft and utilized future picks to do that.

What he said. Heck, one of the things I enjoy most about keeper leagues (and to an extent dynasty leagues) is the offseason maneuvering of players and picks BEFORE the keeper cutdown date. In my local, this was actually when the most trade activity took place as we allowed the players, the current year's picks and picks one year in the future to be traded, so there would be a flurry of activity as owner's tried to upgrade their keeper situation heading into the current draft and utilized future picks to do that.

Thanks for the input....this is something worth looking into.......some questions:

1) how many teams in your league

2) how many players do you 'keep' per team?

3) With the franchise players, trading for picks, etc, what is the TALENT pool like for the first round of the draft... ...example...what were some of the top picks of your league past year??

appreciate this....we know our league needs major changes, this could be one of them.....

Thanks for the input....this is something worth looking into.......some questions:

1) how many teams in your league

2) how many players do you 'keep' per team?

3) With the franchise players, trading for picks, etc, what is the TALENT pool like for the first round of the draft... ...example...what were some of the top picks of your league past year??

appreciate this....we know our league needs major changes, this could be one of them.....

I play in a number of keeper leagues, all of which allow the trading of players and picks before the draft. Ignoring the dynasty leagues, my main local kept 12 players out of 20, and we have an 8 round draft. This particular league is a ten teamer. As we keep the majority of players, the talent pool is comprised primarily of rookies, veterans that for some reason were not on a roster at the end of the previous season (injured, now in a new local, etc.) and the players cut, whihc, in a ten team league, can have some decent players being cut, which is why many other owners would trade a pick for a player they would keep rather than have that player fall into the draft pool.

With only 2 keepers per team, there is even more reason to want to do trades, because assuming a 12 team league, it is very likely one or more teams do not have two top 24 overall players on their team, and conversely some teams will have more than 2 top 24 overall players. This is the perfect marriage for an owner willing to sacrifice something in the draft for the improved keeper situation.

Take your situation... you have 3 legitimate RB keepers. Can keep 2. As it is now, you must cut someone to the draft pool. But say Team B here does not have a legitimate RB keeper. Ratehr than lose out on the RB you would cut, he could give you a pick for one of the players you would cut. HE gains a player to keep, you gain an extra pick in lieu of cutting the guy. Both teams win. Most of the time, in order to keep picks equal, you'd likely give the player and a later round pick for an earlier pick from the owner. But, you shouldn't expect huge value for the players (thoug hyou can ask), but maybe something like the player and your 6th rounder for a 3rd rounder. You move up 3 rounds in the draft and essentially give up nothing as you would of had to cut the player any way. The other owner improves his keeper situation, and moves back in the draft. Win/Win for both owners.