[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

300 Movie Review

DMD

Oh and if anyone thinks it's homoerotic, it's because you're probably gay. Just sayin' NTTAWWT.

...so you're saying that it had nothing to do with the Greeks being the precursors to NAMBLA?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and if anyone thinks it's homoerotic, it's because you're probably gay. Just sayin' NTTAWWT.

Really, the Washington Post said it was hyperviolent but stunk of the bathhouse.

The reality is that no modern depiction could actually equal what the Spartans were really like. Their warriors married very late and only had sexual relations with boys prior to marrying. And when they finally married, they were given an apartment separate from their new wife and required a months long period of visiting her but not spending the night to slowly acclimate them to hetersexual relations.

I cant wait to see it.

Saw it last night in NYC.. loved it. The actor playing Leonidas was fantastic..

The level of bad-assery on the part of the Spartans is unrivaled. Some fantastic lines.. I particularly liked it when Leonidas told Xerces he couldn't kneel to him because he'd spent all morning killing Persians, and thus had pulled his hamstring.. :D In the same conversation, Xerces implores Leonidas to surrender, saying "think of your women", and Leonidas replies that judging by the paltry fight the Persians had put up, they might as well have sent their women!

300 made $32 million this weekend; kinda surprised at the 56% drop - that's standard but the word of mouth seemed very strong.

Still, that's a tidy $120 mil at the box office on a $65 million film. Zack Snyder gets to make Watchmen R-rated now because of this, and that's a VERY good thing.

I just saw it. Sick.

Some of you didn't like the style? I loved it. I think digital filmmaking is crazy crazy awesome from an artistic point of view. Good acting, great action.

With the proper director, a digital film like this is just incredibly detailed and amazing. I thought "The Cell" was a beautiful film without a plot. This story could carry the visuals as well.

Oh, also Leonidas' "you, Ephialtes - may you live forever" is the greatest kiss-off ever.

Agreed. That was awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

In my humble opinion, 300 is a good movie. It is very much along the same lines as Braveheart and Gladiator. To me Braveheart is the best movie of all time and 300 does not quite live up to the Braveheart standard. Watch it and you won't be disappointed but don't expect it to be the best action movie you will ever see, Braveheart still owns that title hands down!

In my humble opinion, 300 is a good movie. It is very much along the same lines as Braveheart and Gladiator. To me Braveheart is the best movie of all time and 300 does not quite live up to the Braveheart standard. Watch it and you won't be disappointed but don't expect it to be the best action movie you will ever see, Braveheart still owns that title hands down!

it's my favorite "action" flick I think...

I can watch the war scenes at random...