[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which 12 seed has the best chance of winning?

jaxfactor

It seems we see it every year. A 12 seed upsetting a 5 seed. I only see one possibility this year. I can see Old Dominion beating Butler. Illinois beating Va Tech? Maybe. Arkansas beating USC? Nah. Tennessee should take care of Long Beach .

It seems we see it every year. A 12 seed upsetting a 5 seed. I only see one possibility this year. I can see Old Dominion beating Butler. Illinois beating Va Tech? Maybe. Arkansas beating USC? Nah. Tennessee should take care of Long Beach .

I like Illinois and Arkansas.

I would not be suprised if we see 2 #12 seeds win - here is how I see it, in order. Will be on ODU & LBState + points I think.

ODU - obvious choice, but Butler is very beatable, and not same squad as early in the year

Long Beach - live squad- Tenn goes cold, they are in trouble. not sold on SEC

Ill- could pull the upset, VTech shows up they will bury em though

Ark - not gonna happen - SC plays too good of D, and has too many athletes

i think all 4 # 5 seeded teams get through imo

wow - that limb yer out on is pretty solid........ it happens damn near every year- this year will be no different

The numbers say otherwise, since 1998 ....#5 vs. #12: 5th seeds are 20-12 SU & but 14-17 ATS.

That tells me that the games will ........

A) likely be close, competitive games, the #5 seeds winning about 62% of the time since '98. Not great

:D 1 of the 5 seeds AT LEAST is going down :D , the question is who.......

Like the Hogs to win. Athletic team playing well at the right time of the season.

You guys aren't give SC enough credit- They play tough D under Tim Floyd, and are as athletic as anyone on the wings. Pruitt and Young are one of the best G combos in the country and both will be playing in the NBA.

Plus I think the SEC is not real strong this year

I don't see Ark winning at all.

You guys aren't give SC enough credit- They play tough D under Tim Floyd, and are as athletic as anyone on the wings. Pruitt and Young are one of the best G combos in the country and both will be playing in the NBA.

Plus I think the SEC is not real strong this year

I don't see Ark winning at all.

Don't forget the title of the thread. The Hogs have a great shot of keeping the 12 seed magic alive.

Don't forget the title of the thread. The Hogs have a great shot of keeping the 12 seed magic alive.

Oh I love the 12 v. 5 magic- I just think Ark has the slimmest shot of the 4 is all.

I think Tenn and Butler are the two 5 seeds that are gonna be in for a dogfight

The only one I picked on my main bracked it LB over Tennessee, just a hunch.

I do think any of the other 3 could win though.

I'd rank them like this in terms of winnability.

ILL

ODU

LB

ARK

Yes I took LB and not the two above them. Like someone else stated 3 of the 4 will probably be close. I just have a hunch LB pulls it out and the other two lose close games.

I'd hate to see the Hogs do it vs. my Trojans, but their blowout loss to the Ducks may've set them up for it. The AZ State loss still pisses me off too, so they have a history of underestimating opponents.

A loss may be a blessing in disguise; since it no doubt will come at some point between rounds 1-3, it might as well be early to save me from unrealistic expectations and heart palpatations...

After further review I think Va Tech will destroy Illinois. Much like we have seen in football- they beat no one. There best wins are a combo of MSU, Mich and Indiand- not exactly top notch.

Va Tech is battle-tested from the ACC and explosive- I like em + double digits and will be all over

VT - 2.5

After further review I think Va Tech will destroy Illinois. Much like we have seen in football- they beat no one. There best wins are a combo of MSU, Mich and Indiand- not exactly top notch.

Va Tech is battle-tested from the ACC and explosive- I like em + double digits and will be all over

VT - 2.5

Sorry to disagee again, but prior to this year did Virginia Tech even man a basketball team. Got to think they are way over their heads in this tournament.

nice- want to make it interesting?? I will wager VT -2.5 with ya? what say you.........

No offense, but don't gamble $$ with people I don't know, so how about a sig bet? I'll take the following 4 teams in the 12 vs. 5 seed matchups.

Tennessee, Arkansas, Illinois, and you can pick the last one between Bradley and ODU? Straight up no points. The winner has to win 3 out of 4.

Your teams will obviously be Long Beach, USC, VA Tech and whichever team you take out of Bradley and ODU.