[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Un-freaking-believeable

cliaz

/massive rant on

I have had it. I don’t care if this comes off un-PC or not. So I figured since I’ve ate really good so far this week and worked out a little bit more that I would treat myself to a fast food breakfast this morning. Translation – I woke up late and didn’t have time to pack my breakfast.

So I drive over to Burger King. I’ve never had their breakfast before and since it’s right on the way I figured Bingo. I get there and I’m the only car in the drive-thru. After almost 4 full minutes sitting there I go “hello”. No biggie because I figured they are still warming up the stuff because they just opened an HOUR AGO.

I get nothing. Wait for another 2 minutes and finally I get a voice though I can honestly say it wasn’t speaking any language I’ve heard of before. “Casta Iseya Helpah youse?”

I’m like What the f’ck was that? So I pretty much just take it at face value that they are saying “can I help you?”.

“Yes I would like…”

“Yes?”

“Yes I would like…”

“One momentah.”

:D

So I’m sitting there with my left arm and head hanging out the window waiting. Another 2 minutes or so pass.

I swear as G*d is my witness that voice came back and said “Uga Booga Wooga.”

“Yeah I’d like..”

“Hello?”

Now I’m getting a little irked. “Yes hello! I would like a number 3 with a….”

“Eh you say noomber 3?”

“Yes a number 3 with a coke.”

And this is the part that got me right here…

“Is dat to go?”

I wanted to say “No I plan on eating it right at your window when I get there.” But instead I just said “yes to go.” Thinking (and hoping) this is a new hire fresh off the border so they don’t know any better.

“Kay..dats two number 3s with cokes.”

“Umm no. I want “one” number 3, bacon, egg and cheese crusammich with a coke.”

“Kay, total is five sixty.tree please drive around.”

I pull up to the window and three female Hispanic chicks are there smiling. All three have gold teeth. The fat one opens the window and says “five sixty-tree.” I hand her the card, she swipes it and hands it back with a large orange juice.

“Umm, what is is?”

“Dats yoor drinkah.”

“Yeah I ordered a coke, not an O.J.”

“Noo Noo order a noomber 1 with juice.”

You’ve got to be kidding me. There are no other cars in the drive-thru. How in the hell did they screw this up?

“NOOOOooooo. I ordered a number 3.”

“kay”

I wait another 2 minutes or so before she came back and handed me my coke and the bag. I open up the bag and check to make sure it’s a sammich and hashbrowns.

I get to work and guess what. Wrong order.

If you work in this country you need to know how to speak English. In France all business is conducted in French. It’s a requirement of any business over there or people who open a business or work over there. In Australia you either heed to their government laws and cultural needs or you GTFO.

You cannot go to any fast food, most Chinese, Applebees, Fuddies, or any place that serves food without dealing with this language barrier.

/rant off

Wait for another 2 minutes and finally I get a voice though I can honestly say it wasn’t speaking any language I’ve heard of before. “Casta Iseya Helpah youse?”

I think you were punked by Jar Jar Binks. :D

I totally agree with you Cliaz, and don't worry about not being PC, I never am. However, reading this was hysterical!!! :D

Cliaz, you should have bailed after the first two f ups. If I didn't kind of know you I would call bull chit but I've been through BK drive thrus many times and they are fricken thee absolute worst.

Last time I had problems there I did ask for my money back from the drive through guy because it took so long. He claimed they were on shift change. Classic.

Cliaz, you should have bailed after the first two f ups. If I didn't kind of know you I would call bull chit but I've been through BK drive thrus many times and they are fricken thee absolute worst.

Last time I had problems there I did ask for my money back from the drive through guy because it took so long. He claimed they were on shift change. Classic.

I should have bailed but the way I go to work I cut through the patuxent river Wild Life Sanctuary which means between that Burger King and work there isn't anywhere to stop for a breakfast because it’s all woods. Not unless I want a 7-11 breakfast I would have to wait until lunch.

On well lesson learned. Always pack breakfast the night before.

I should have bailed but the way I go to work I cut through the patuxent river Wild Life Sanctuary which means between that Burger King and work there isn't anywhere to stop for a breakfast because it’s all woods. Not unless I want a 7-11 breakfast I would have to wait until lunch.

On well lesson learned. Always pack breakfast the night before.

Or, you could have stopped in the wild life sanctuary, killed a squirrel and cooked it on the engine while you drove the rest of the way to work. :D

Or, you could have stopped in the wild life sanctuary, killed a squirrel and cooked it on the engine while you drove the rest of the way to work. :D

How cruel!!! To purposely kill an animal for food. Oh wait a minute we do that kind of stuff all the time to feed our fat American faces. Plus using Brewer's advice gets rid of another squirrel. Continue on...