[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can my landlord charge me?

BigMikeinNY

:D I would think that unless it's in the lease he's not responsible to remove the snow at all...

It depends on the state.

In some states, landlords have a duty to remove natural accumulations of ice and snow. In some states they don't.

Ironically, the landlord may be exposing himself to liability if he shoveled the walk when he had no duty to remove snow. One could argue that, by doing so, he assumed the duty to his tenants and therefore had a duty to act with reasonable care to remove snow and ice. And charging for it might not be a good idea from the landlord's perspective, as his services could not be considered a gratuitous undertaking, which might eliminate legal or equitable defenses.

So what ended up happening? Did he ask for it again? Did you just give him $10?

:D

I've been looking for a business model that makes sense for me to invest in, and this is fantastic. Is this scalable if we want to expand nationwide?

If you take it overseas you won't have to pay the spoiled kids so much. Could probably get away with paying the kids $.08 an hour.

Well............I took advice from all of you and put it together........I said 'here's the $10, thanks very much...........and oh by the way, the light above the garage is out" (which woulda cost me about $3.70 to fix.

So he got his ten bucks but also fixed my light this morning which i easily could have done for less than four dollars and a ladder.

Thanks for the input guys!

And no, he wasn't kidding. He is an 80 year old man with a stick in his ass!

Mike

Well............I took advice from all of you and put it together........I said 'here's the $10, thanks very much...........and oh by the way, the light above the garage is out" (which woulda cost me about $3.70 to fix.

So he got his ten bucks but also fixed my light this morning which i easily could have done for less than four dollars and a ladder.

And no, he wasn't kidding. He is an 80 year old man with a SHOVEL in his arse!

Mike

Fixed :D

Edited by isleseeya

Is it in the lease?

fwiw... $10 is a bargain. Give it to him and ask him to keep it up tell him you have a few more driveways for him to do.

If I woke up on a Sat. and found that 12 inches of snow was removed from my drive-way and all it cost me was 10 bucks, I would smile, pull the covers back over and hit the snooze button. I mean 10 bucks!?

Heck, I would probably thrown in an extra 10 for the effort.

Fixed, might as well rent him out at $30 a driveway and realize $20 profit

And no, he wasn't kidding. He is an 80 year old man with a stick in his ass!

Mike

an 80 year old man removes 12 inches of snow for you for a measley $10 and you then make him climb a ladder to replace a $4 bulb? i know he's your landlord, but that's just cold man.