[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GRINDHOUSE

Chavez

Will NOT get an R

"Grindhouse" is actually two short movies - one directed by Tarantino, the other by Rodriguez - with an intermission between them. During the break, a series of fake trailers will be shown for such fictitious titles as "Werewolf Women of the SS," directed by Rob Zombie.

"In one scene, a cute, topless girl is roughly tied down on a table by evil female Nazi experimenters who begin draining her blood and, as she screams in agony, they brand her like livestock with a coal-hot steel swastika," our source said. "And every girl in the Nazi concentration camp is topless."

Another trailer, directed by Eli Roth, of "Hostel" fame, is called "Thanksgiving," in which a town's celebration of Turkey Day is interrupted by a mad slasher.

"There's a part where Jordan Ladd [daughter of Cheryl Ladd of 'Charlie's Angels'] is in a car with her boyfriend and giving him [oral sex] when she lovingly reaches to stroke his hair and discovers his neck is just a bloody stump - some maniac had just cut off his head while she was in the act."

Later, a frisky cheerleader climbs onto a trampoline and begins stripping naked as she jumps up and down until she does a split and her skirt blows up without panties underneath. "You get the full 'Britney Spears-getting-out-of-the-limo view,' " our source says. Another jolting scene shows a grossly obese man chewing on a baby.

What’s interesting from the report is that it’s obvious that the person has seen only these two trailers – there’s no mention of extreme content in the main films, or in Edgar Wright’s trailer (which is actually probably less over the top than the ones by Roth and Zombie anyway). I actually think that most of that stuff will get by the MPAA, although I do think a full split beaver shot would be more than the ratings board could handle. But the MPAA has been talking about new ratings systems, or at least new ways of using the current ratings, and Grindhouse could be a good first effort for a new ‘Hard R’ category.

This movie sounds freakin' awesome. Trailer for it played before the 300.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tarantino lost it after Jackie Brown. From Dusk till dawn was okay at best and Kill Bill was horrible to say the least. I saw the preview to this movie and it just looked god aweful. I mean seriously, a chick with a gun for a leg?

Tarantino is an over rated has been. Hell he gets credit for Pulp Fiction like he wrote it all by himself.

Kill Bill was horrible to say the least.

That is patently untrue. It was excellent on many levels... action, artistic style, homage to kung fu, and hot chicks in leather.

I saw the preview to this movie and it just looked god aweful. I mean seriously, a chick with a gun for a leg?

It's clear that you aren't getting it. The ridiculousness of a girl with a gun for a leg is the reason I want to see this movie.

That is patently untrue. It was excellent on many levels... action, artistic style, homage to kung fu, and hot chicks in leather.

It's clear that you aren't getting it. The ridiculousness of a girl with a gun for a leg is the reason I want to see this movie.

Agreed.

+1 on all points! :D

Tarantino lost it after Jackie Brown. From Dusk till dawn was okay at best and Kill Bill was horrible to say the least. I saw the preview to this movie and it just looked god aweful. I mean seriously, a chick with a gun for a leg?

Tarantino is an over rated has been. Hell he gets credit for Pulp Fiction like he wrote it all by himself.

Are you kidding me? Dusk till Dawn was kick ass and Kill Bill 1 and 2 are arguably Tarantinos best movies. Horrible... to each his own I suppose.

First of all, Robert Rodriguez did From Dusk til Dawn, not Tarantino. Second, the film Planet Terror, the one with the machine gun legged girl, was written and directed by Rodriguez.

Finally, Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2 were much better films than Jackie Brown, which is his worst.

First of all, Robert Rodriguez did From Dusk til Dawn, not Tarantino.

Actually... they split it. Tarantino did the first part of the movie when it was mostly about biker bar fights... Rodriguez took over for the second half when it turned into a vampire movie.

EDIT: Actually... I'm wrong. Whoops. I had always heard that was the case, but I can't find any evidence to support that.

Edited by AtomicCEO

horrible

Are you kidding me? Dusk till Dawn was kick ass and Kill Bill 1 and 2 are arguably Tarantinos best movies. Horrible... to each his own I suppose.

This is just silly. If you think Kill Bill 1 and 2 are arguably Tarantinos best movies then I feel for ya.

First of all, Robert Rodriguez did From Dusk til Dawn, not Tarantino. Second, the film Planet Terror, the one with the machine gun legged girl, was written and directed by Rodriguez.

Finally, Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2 were much better films than Jackie Brown, which is his worst.

Kill Bill is nowhere near as good as Jackie Brown which is his 3rd best movie.

Tarantino is a stylized one trick pony, trotting out the same old arthouse rubbish over and over again. It's amusing once, after that it's :D:D

agreed 100%

Tarantino is a stylized one trick pony, trotting out the same old arthouse rubbish over and over again. It's amusing once, after that it's :D:D

+1

He sells us cliches and trades on nostalgia for crappy old movies from our youth. Watching one of his flicks is the equivalent of somebody putting on a BeeGees record at a party to get a few laughs but failing to take the damned thing off after a few verses of Tragedy and rather plays the whole damned album. "OK, dude, funny joke. Ha ha, gotta love those Bee Gees. Now take that damned thing off and put on something good."

Essentially, they subject you to crap all for the sake of some half-baked, lame joke.

Watching one of his self-absorbed, never ending scenes with people having the same stupid argument that me and my stoner friends used to have about nothing in particular may strike a comfy and familiar chord, but it is not good film making.

I am in the Kill Bill camp- much much better than Jackie Brown, which was overrated IMO.

Jury is still out for me on the Grindhouse- QT has lost it some, andthe Dusk Til Dawn Rodriguez/QT combo was not my favorit flick.

They need to come strong with this one.

dusk til dawn was stoopid, but i kinda liked the kill bills. but this new one....i dunno, hard to muster much interest in watching tarantino gratuitously wanking on genres that are so over-the-top gratuituously wanktastic in the first place.

+1

He sells us cliches and trades on nostalgia for crappy old movies from our youth. Watching one of his flicks is the equivalent of somebody putting on a BeeGees record at a party to get a few laughs but failing to take the damned thing off after a few verses of Tragedy and rather plays the whole damned album. "OK, dude, funny joke. Ha ha, gotta love those Bee Gees. Now take that damned thing off and put on something good."

Essentially, they subject you to crap all for the sake of some half-baked, lame joke.

Watching one of his self-absorbed, never ending scenes with people having the same stupid argument that me and my stoner friends used to have about nothing in particular may strike a comfy and familiar chord, but it is not good film making.

I dont remember any humor in Kill Bill. Great casting, great action, great premise. :D

The entire thing. They were complete jokes from end to end, unless you take comics seriously. A pair of spoofs was all they were.

You gotta understand. That's just the way Demon rolls. Hot chicks with swords is just a part of life where he comes from.

The entire thing. They were complete jokes from end to end, unless you take comics seriously. A pair of spoofs was all they were.

Spoofs on what? The only similarities I can draw between Kill Bill and any other movie is Shoguns Assassin, which they reference in #2...