[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Houston Texans Looking At Trading for Schaub

Beaumont

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the funny thing to me about schaub is that the only thing the guy has ever really done to distinguish himself is to NOT be michael vick. all the guys who hate vick, and rail on about how he shouldn't be playing QB, they end up pimping schaub. they should put schaubnotvick in, schaubnotvick is their best QB, blah blah blah. 3 years of that and people start to really convince themselves that this schaubnotvick must really be some kind of QB. if he had done what he's done backing up someone like tom brady, no one would even remember how to spell the guy's NAME....certainly no other team would give up the kind of value the texans did to bring him in as their starting QB.

the funny thing to me about schaub is that the only thing the guy has ever really done to distinguish himself is to NOT be michael vick. all the guys who hate vick, and rail on about how he shouldn't be playing QB, they end up pimping schaub. they should put schaubnotvick in, schaubnotvick is their best QB, blah blah blah. 3 years of that and people start to really convince themselves that this schaubnotvick must really be some kind of QB. if he had done what he's done backing up someone like tom brady, no one would even remember how to spell the guy's NAME....certainly no other team would give up the kind of value the texans did to bring him in as their starting QB.

again, I think the point is you may be correct, or Schaub may be a quality NFL QB...we will find out in the next few years...

I disagree. There is a precedent here. Mark Brunell. Aaron Brooks. Matt Hasselbeck. Jake Delhomme. Two Super Bowl appearances, another Conference Chamoinship between them. Sometimes a back-up QB performs well in pre-season, or in limited duty in regular season, enough to impress other coaches and scouts. And when it's clear those players are not going to over take the incumbant starter, it's best for the team to trade them to another team willing to give them a shot, and get something for them. I think if Schaub plays as well as any of the three have at some point in their careers, the Texans would be pretty happy with that.

I disagree. There is a precedent here. Mark Brunell. Aaron Brooks. Matt Hasselbeck. Jake Delhomme. Two Super Bowl appearances, another Conference Chamoinship between them. Sometimes a back-up QB performs well in pre-season, or in limited duty in regular season, enough to impress other coaches and scouts. And when it's clear those players are not going to over take the incumbant starter, it's best for the team to trade them to another team willing to give them a shot, and get something for them. I think if Schaub plays as well as any of the three have at some point in their careers, the Texans would be pretty happy with that.

:D

And the Texans are pretty confident in Schaub: 6 years, $48 mil, $7 mil gauranteed:

Schaub signs

That's a pittance given the new salary cap numbers and what they would have had to pay to wait 3 years hoping that Russell or Quinn could be where Schaub is in his development, not to mention what a trade up to the #2 or #3 spot would have cost.

This is starting to look more & more like a bargain for HOU if Schaub is in fact a good quality starting QB. They stole him if he becomes a top 10 quality QB eventually.

Kubiak is busy trying to trade Carr to the Vikings for Mewelde Moore.

Listened to the Brad Childress interview today on KFAN (par of it anyway) and he was asked about Carr. His response was less than positive, but maybe that's part of the game.

Basically he criticized Carr's release a lot (more of a 3/4 release than full over the top)... said Carr ends up with a lot of blocked passes at the line because of this and could not make all of the throws asked of a QB. Said that given the experience and assumed asking price of a QB like Carr, they would not want to have to make so many corrections to his game and that they would want such a QB to not be a work in progress still (paraphrasing).

Listened to the Brad Childress interview today on KFAN (par of it anyway) and he was asked about Carr. His response was less than positive, but maybe that's part of the game.

Basically he criticized Carr's release a lot (more of a 3/4 release than full over the top)... said Carr ends up with a lot of blocked passes at the line because of this and could not make all of the throws asked of a QB. Said that given the experience and assumed asking price of a QB like Carr, they would not want to have to make so many corrections to his game and that they would want such a QB to not be a work in progress still (paraphrasing).

Makes sense. I still am not comfortable with going into the season with only Tarvaris, Bollinger, and Drew Henson, but what do I know. Here's hoping the light comes on for Tarvaris and he puts in solid play.