[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Houston Texans Looking At Trading for Schaub

Beaumont

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Billy, you're reaching on this one. Not that Schaub won't be better than Carr, or at least a competent NFL QB once he has a starting job, but selectively taking 3 HOF QBs taken in the 3rd Round as comparison? Fouts and Tarkenton both started their rookie years. Montana was starting by year 2.

Yeah, that would be like pointing out Atlanta thought they rooked Green Bay by trading some rookie knucklehead coonass for a first round pick 15 or so years back... :D

Yeah, that would be like pointing out Atlanta thought they rooked Green Bay by trading some rookie knucklehead coonass for a first round pick 15 or so years back... :D

Brett Favre (a 2nd Round pick) was starting in his 2nd year in the league too. :D

Yeah but they got that stud Tony Smith for him. :D

Last season they could have let Carr go and saved $8 million and drafted VY, but declined.

Is anyone piloting the ship down there in Houston? Someone should go up to the cabin and see if anyone's at the wheel.

I picked up Schaub in my dynasty league at mid-season. And my spin of the wheel lands in Houston. Where football goes to die. Well that worked out juuuuuuust fine now didn't it. :D

Last season they could have let Carr go and saved $8 million and drafted VY, but declined.

Is anyone piloting the ship down there in Houston? Someone should go up to the cabin and see if anyone's at the wheel.

Last year, they thought Carr wasn't the problem and he deserved another chance. This year, they changed their mind. I guess time will tell if they are wrong twice.

This is the same organization that spent their first expansion-draft pick on an aging, oft-injured Tony Boselli. I imagine that these clowns will get it right one of these days, but I'm not holding my breath.

Okay.... now what are the chances of Schuab actually being the starting QB?

Somehow today my Dynasty League QB and his back-up morphed into two QB's. I now have one that can't throw the ball downfield if his life depended on it... and one that will have to run as if his life depended on it.

Is there anything out there that says Carr is gone for sure? Or is Schuab insurance?

Being openly shopped on the trade market and having more than 1 current teammates (including your #1 WR) throw you inder the bus is gonna be hard to come back to. Also his salary for this year would be just short of $9 million. Probably a little expensive for a backup. Like others have mentioned, I look for him to land in Minny or Oakland. But then again, Tampa Bay is always a possibility too. :D

This is the same organization that spent their first expansion-draft pick on an aging, oft-injured Tony Boselli. I imagine that these clowns will get it right one of these days, but I'm not holding my breath.

And the same team almost single-handedly helped the jags out of cap hell that year. Thanks Texans!

First of all, I don't think one can continue to lump the past moves by HOU with the current. Such as...

"HOU spent $8M to keep Carr last year, and now they're changing their minds."

Unlike DEN, where they drafted their "TE of the future" in the 2nd round of 2006 (where they haven't drafted a TE that high in the Shanahan-era), and then turn around and the SAME STAFF makes TE Daniel Graham the highest-paid TE in the league during 2007 free agency...

HOU has changed GM's since the last draft, and I believe the current administration is changing course (thank God!). Let's see what GM Rick Smith and HC Kubiak can do without Charlie Casserly around to screw things up. Unfortunately, there are still a lot of Casserly players still on roster that the current administration still have to work with.

I'm willing to give the current HOU staff some leeway to see where they take this ship. As with any ship, it may take awhile to turn... unfortunately.

Second of all, Carr sucks. I've watched him when he traveled to DEN (mainly the exhibition games). He has no pocket presence. Happy feet in the pocket is like blood in a shark pool. He was never comfortable making his reads.

Where I believe HOU gave a bit too much for Schaub, I do know this...

1. HOU knows what they get with Carr -- losing records.

2. Schaub, at worst, brings question marks. It could bring better, it could bring the same, and it could bring worse.

Regardless, Kubiak gave Carr his chance. He endorsed Carr, embraced him, edified him, and worked with him. Obviously, Kubiak doesn't see what he wants to see in his team leader. So, why not make a change?

Draft Quinn now and wait another 3-5 yrs to get a sense if he's another 1st round bust? Or, get someone that could tell you in 1-2 yrs if he's the man or not?

I applaud the Texans in being pro-active, because the status-quo isn't gonna' work... even though I think they overpaid. Darnit.

How much does this decrease the trade value for Carr? If they don't find a team to trade with, does Carr stay on and push Schaub intraing camp or do they cut bait and let him go?

I don't think they cut Carr and let him go. If they can't trade him now, there'll be an injury or two in camps/pre-season that could promote interest in Carr.

Do you really think for a split second that VY has a sucessful year in Houston? You are exactly the kind of people that will bitch about a #1 pick no matter what. If Houston would've drafted Bush and Bush struggled (which he probably would've behind that line) then you'd bitch about not drafting defense. I'll wait and see if VY is the hall of famer you think he already is.

schaub has a career completion percentage of 52% (to vick's 53.8%), and a TD/INT ratio of 1.0 (to vick's 1.4). so how exactly has he been twice the QB vick has again? :D

Huh, that's funny cause I swear last night I saw that he had a 58% completion percentage