[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Houston Texans Looking At Trading for Schaub

Beaumont

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'm one of the few who think Carr has gotten a bad shake.

i'm another. i think he's ultimately probably a better QB than schaub. but they just gave up a high (i assume?) second rounder for the latter so they can probably outright cut the former? with personnel decisions like this, and mario williams over bush/young....move over matt millen, there's a new moran in town :D

(from KFFL)

Houston to Acquire Schaub

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Atlanta Falcons and Houston Texans are on the verge of a trade that would send quarterback Matt Schaub to the Texans in exchange for a swapping of first-round draft picks in this year's NFL Draft, a second-round draft pick in this year's draft and a second-round pick in 2008. Schaub is trying to work out a long-term deal with the Texans. While the deal is not yet finalized, it is expected to be completed Wednesday, March 21.

Edited by rhino

i'm another. i think he's ultimately probably a better QB than schaub. but they just gave up a high (i assume?) second rounder for the latter so they can probably outright cut the former? with personnel decisions like this, and mario williams over bush/young....move over matt millen, there's a new moran in town :D

Methinks Schaub will be the starter considering what they invested:

The Houston Texans and Atlanta Falcons are on the verge of a trade that has wide-ranging ramifications for two quarterbacks once chosen No. 1 overall in the draft.

The Falcons are on the verge of agreeing to trade quarterback Matt Schaub to the Texans in exchange for a swapping of first-rounders this year, a second-round pick in this year's draft and a second-round pick in the 2008 draft.

The move clearly shows that Michael Vick will remain the starting quarterback in Atlanta, quashing reports and rumors at the end of last year the team wasn't married to him as a starter. It also marks what is likely the end of David Carr's reign in Houston after being selected by former GM Charley Casserly with the club's first-ever draft pick.

The deal, which was pretty much agreed to on Monday, has been held up by a few things. Schaub is a restricted free agent and Atlanta, knowing they'd lose him in free agency next year, chose to collect something for him.

The 6-5, 237-pound Virginia alum has only started two games in his career, but his size, coupled with his performances in the preseason, has made him a hot prospect inside the NFL.

Schaub is now trying to work out a long-term deal with the Texans. While the trade is not yet finalized, it's expected to be completed today.

Link

Edited by tonyr0802

(from KFFL)

Houston to Acquire Schaub

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Atlanta Falcons and Houston Texans are on the verge of a trade that would send quarterback Matt Schaub to the Texans in exchange for a swapping of first-round draft picks in this year's NFL Draft, a second-round draft pick in this year's draft and a second-round pick in 2008. Schaub is trying to work out a long-term deal with the Texans. While the deal is not yet finalized, it is expected to be completed Wednesday, March 21.

wow. that's a lot.

I guess I'm one of the few who think Carr has gotten a bad shake.

I think Schaub could be fine; my main problem with Carr is that he's almost the sacrificial lamb in Houston - he went out and took a beating for the team, and may NEVER live up to whatever potential he might have had due to shell-shock.

I'm sure he'll end up somewhere better.

As for Williams over Bush/Young - Williams was hardly awful this year; at first blush, he looks like a solid player who isn't on the level of the other two, but let's remember that one year does not a career make.