[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Report: all charges to be dropped in Duke rape case

wiegie

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for those guys, now they can go rape again...

seriously though, I am emailing a feminist friend of mine who sent out a mass email savaging these guys after the story broke...I am going to request she send out a mass apology email... :D

Please ask her to include H8, spain and Dmarc on her mass email. :D

Good for those guys, now they can go rape again...

seriously though, I am emailing a feminist friend of mine who sent out a mass email savaging these guys after the story broke...I am going to request she send out a mass apology email... :D

If you saved the e-mail she sent you, you could hit "reply all" to her original e-mail when you make this request.

Does anyone know if anything is going to happen to this woman? She should be locked away for ruining 3 lives.

Again, if the show was on the other foot and it was a white girl accusing a black Lacrosse (oops I mean basketball) team of this and they found out the white girl was lying you would have Jackson and Sharpton all over the place claiming racism and trying to burn the girl at the stake.

She should have everything possible thrown at her and put away for as long as possible and hopefully ruin her pathetic lying life.

I think "Duke a-holes who've done every f-d up thing besides rape case" works.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree, there. If you execute someone for a crime they didn't committ, it's in pretty poor taste to say, "Well, they were an chalupa anyway."

It's the American Way. Being a drunk jerk is not only allowed, it's encouraged.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree, there. If you execute someone for a crime they didn't committ, it's in pretty poor taste to say, "Well, they were an chalupa anyway."

It's the American Way. Being a drunk jerk is not only allowed, it's encouraged.

yep....that would include 95% of college kids

yep....that would include 95% of college kids

Thank you for illustrating the point that everyone is missing. I was in college and screwed around plenty and had a great time and broke my fair share of laws. If these guys were guilty of nothing more than having a kegger and hiring a stripper, then your 95% statement wouldn't be so far off.

Simple fact is that the shight these guys have been pulling for some time now does not fit into the 95% of college kids do the same thing. If you really think so, you're either misinformed, stupid, or are as big an a-hole as most of the Duke LAX team has shown itself to be time and again.

Note that I have never said that what happened is right. My only point all along is that I'm sick of the "boys will be boys" defense of these guys and the fact that everyone is so outraged that the community at large did not give these guys the benefit of the doubt when they were accused. The same community that had been outraged by their on-going behavior.

Spain wanted and apology from the Duke faculty that called for expulsion and has conveniently avoided the fact that they were practially calling for it before this went down.

All I am saying as someone who actually has had to endure the crap that these kids were allowed to get away with unchecked for far too long is that the only people who owe them anything are those required by our laws to follow the laws of due process. The court of public opinion owes them nothing because they burned that bridge long ago. They basically treated the community like crap and now everyone is upset because the community didn't think twice about stringing them up once they allegedly crossed the line.

If you treat people like crap, don't expect everyone to get your back when things go south.

Edited by detlef

Thank you for illustrating the point that everyone is missing. Note that I have never said that what happened is right. My only point all along is that I'm sick of the "boys will be boys" defense of these guys and the fact that everyone is so outraged that the community at large did not give these guys the benefit of the doubt when they were accused. The same community that had been outraged by their on-going behavior.

Spain wanted and apology from the Duke faculty that called for expulsion and has conveniently avoided the fact that they were practially calling for it before this went down.

All I am saying as someone who actually has had to endure the crap that these kids were allowed to get away with unchecked for far too long is that the only people who owe them anything are those required by our laws to follow the laws of due process. The court of public opinion owes them nothing because they burned that bridge long ago. They basically treated the community like crap and now everyone is upset because the community didn't think twice about stringing them up once they allegedly crossed the line.

If you treat people like crap, don't expect everyone to get your back when things go south.

they had a stripper at a party.....whats wrong with that?

You don't read

so these rich kids come down and are aholes. i get that. it doesnt change the fact that nifong committed a crime. aholes deserve due course.

They basically treated the community like crap and now everyone is upset because the community didn't think twice about stringing them up once they allegedly crossed the line.

and because of this, a criminal was able to steal an election. more unfettered ridiculousness!!!

Edited by dmarc117

Thank you for illustrating the point that everyone is missing. I was in college and screwed around plenty and had a great time and broke my fair share of laws. If these guys were guilty of nothing more than having a kegger and hiring a stripper, then your 95% statement wouldn't be so far off.

Simple fact is that the shight these guys have been pulling for some time now does not fit into the 95% of college kids do the same thing. If you really think so, you're either misinformed, stupid, or are as big an a-hole as most of the Duke LAX team has shown itself to be time and again.

That may be true, but only on a local level. I'm sure that Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and the rest of the anti-Caucasian contingent involved couldn't care less about their minor thuggery and general idiotic behavior.

That may be true, but only on a local level. I'm sure that Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and the rest of the anti-Caucasian contingent involved couldn't care less about their minor thuggery and general idiotic behavior.

IMO you are 100% correct and think these guys are opportunistic pricks who should have stayed the hell out of it.

In the post I wrote earlier in this thread, my only contention with the list of required apologies were those from the faculty, community, and women of the world. None of whom owed these guys the benefit of the doubt when this went down.

In the post I wrote earlier in this thread, my only contention with the list of required apologies were those from the faculty, community, and women of the world. None of whom owed these guys the benefit of the doubt when this went down.

Nope--you always owe somebody the benefit of the doubt (publicly at least) when they have been accused of a crime such as this. You might privately think that they are indeed guilty, but if you go public in calling somebody a rapist and it turns out that they are not rapists, you absolutely need to apologize.

Nope--you always owe somebody the benefit of the doubt (publicly at least) when they have been accused of a crime such as this. You might privately think that they are indeed guilty, but if you go public in calling somebody a rapist and it turns out that they are not rapists, you absolutely need to apologize.

Spain has demanded an apology from the faculty that wanted these guys expelled. My main point is that they'd done plenty to get expelled before being accused of rape and certainly had done nothing to show that they were prepared to stay in line by simply having the party to begin with. Once again, you're a professor. You have members of a certain sports team in your classes and they always act like complete a-holes. You, along with other faculty take the time to detail your issues in a letter to the AD. Nothing seems to get done and the next thing you know, a hired stripper is accusing them of raping her at a party where it is pretty much established that there was drinking. Wouldn't that be enough for you to think that enough is enough even if no rape actually occurred? What, exactly would they have to be guilty of for you to think that they weren't getting the message?

I do understand what you are saying but sense an enormous hipocracy in those rush to the defense of the team. Perhaps it is because I'm seeing plenty of the same guys who support the admin's convenient lack of due process when it comes to guys named Abdul but get outraged when Joe America gets caught in the same trap. Again, I've made it clear that these guys got a raw deal from the DA. However, the court of public opinion is given more leeway and that's just a lesson of life. If you treat people like crap, don't expect them to get your back.