[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Advice please

TRU SOLDJA 22

So i bought some "Authentic" spamshirts online from a dude on the west coast. Then i place some orders for my buddies and sell the spamshirts to them, maybe making 5-10 bucks. So i tell my west coast buddy to send me 2 more spamshirts to get rid of and i'll pay him for them when they sell. then my other buddy shows up with the same spamshirts im getting for 1/2 the price i paid. I tell west coast dude i'm not happy and to chalk up these 2 spamshirts he sent me @ no charge as we're now EVEN. He said he'll teach me a lesson in business and get his lawyer to send a "non payment" letter to my local credit places. Can he do this? I dont want my credit messed up as i'm just 24

reference - http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=198039

Questions - Do i owe this money? can he F up my credit because if i dont pay him?

lil help..thanks in advance

You agreed to pay the man a certain price for the spamshirts. He sent them to you. You never paid him. Just because you have now located a place where you can get them cheaper doesnt mean you shouldnt pay the man what YOU PROMISED to pay. Pay him the price you agreed to pay and then dont buy anything else from him. Do the right thing and this wont be an issue.

So you've been paying a guy a certain price all along. Order some more product, knowing what the price is and promising to pay later. Then find a cheaper price somewhere else and figure that's a good enough reason to stiff him on payment on product you already agreed to pay an agreed upon price for? :D

You made an oral contract with him. Of course you owe him.

Not sure why you think you can change the price after he has already sent you what you ordered. The guy is an idiot for sending you the spamshirts without payment.

So i bought some "Authentic" spamshirts online from a dude on the west coast. Then i place some orders for my buddies and sell the spamshirts to them, maybe making 5-10 bucks. So i tell my west coast buddy to send me 2 more spamshirts to get rid of and i'll pay him for them when they sell. then my other buddy shows up with the same spamshirts im getting for 1/2 the price i paid. I tell west coast dude i'm not happy and to chalk up these 2 spamshirts he sent me @ no charge as we're now EVEN. He said he'll teach me a lesson in business and get his lawyer to send a "non payment" letter to my local credit places. Can he do this? I dont want my credit messed up as i'm just 24

Questions - Do i owe this money? can he F up my credit because if i dont pay him?

Rather than welching on the guy, perhaps you should attempt to merely return the additional merchandise (S&H on your nickle, of course). You can't keep his product without paying for it, regardless of what other people are charging for similar merchandise.

And yes, he can mess up your credit by taking you to small claims court. Technically, you can fight the non-payment letter being sent to the credit agencies by forcing the merchant to prove you owe the money. But he can. So don't go down that road because you'll lose.

Edited by yo mama

Rather than welching on the guy, perhaps you should attempt to merely return the additional merchandise (S&H on your nickle, of course). You can't keep his product without paying for it, regardless of what other people are charging for similar merchandise.

And yes, he can mess up your credit by taking you to small claims court. Technically, you can fight the non-payment letter being sent to the credit agencies by forcing the merchant to prove you owe the money. But he can. So don't go down that road because you'll lose.

Return the stuff. I am in the sporting goods business. What kind of spamshirts are you buying? Majestic Baseball Uniforms?

In order to have any enforcability, the west coast guy would have to take TRU SOLDJA 22 to small claims court in the jurisdiction of TRU SOLDJA 22. If the guy sued him in small claims court on the west coast, any judgement would only be able to be enforced in that jurisdiction.

It's a common problem with people who have been ripped of in auctions or other mail order issues. If you've been ripped off, you have to go to where ever the person lives to sue them there. Usually the travel costs and other hassles of small claims court cross country negate what would actually be recovered so it doesn't go far.

Thanks for the responses! i try to be a man of my word so i'll continue with that and pay the man

This is the correct decision. We've all bought stuff before and found it cheaper elsewhere later. The key is to do your research better beforehand. Just take this as a lesson and move on.

BeeR, is that you?

did you actually find this purchase through this board?

I'd wait on the letter from the lawyer.

Edit: After looking at it more closely, you bought two spamshirts at close to $30 each and now are looking for an even bigger discount?

If that's correct, I'd just pay the $60 and be done with it.

Edited by 10MILESDEEP