[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Chiefs want a 2nd rnd pick for Green?

Randall

March 26, 2007, 06:19

Chiefs :: QB

Dolphins, Chiefs Far Apart Over QB Green

Alex Marvez, Sun-Sentinel -

The Miami Dolphins are still attempting to pry QB Trent Green away from the Kansas City Chiefs and have offered a 7th round pick for the veteran QB. However the Chiefs are looking for a 2nd round pick for the soon to be 37-year old quarterback who will probably be released if no trade is completed. Green is scheduled to earn $7.2 million in 2007, which is likely more than the Chiefs can afford to pay him.

March 26, 2007, 06:32

Dolphins :: QB

DE J. Taylor Thinks QB Culpepper Will Be Fine

Greg A. Bedard, Palm Beach Post -

During a fund-raiser for his charity foundation, DE Jason Taylor defended QB Daunte Culpepper, whose future is in doubt as the team talks to veterans Trent Green and David Carr. "Daunte just has to hang in there. I know it's tough to see them looking at other quarterbacks and the things that are being said, but if he can get past the mental part of it he'll be all right because I think physically he'll get there. Daunte will be fine."

:D

They figure if they'd give up 2nd rounders for Feeley and a QB with triple ligament tears they must be real desperate.

Looks like the Eagles got Reggie Brown for that pick.

Edited by Randall

Well I think getting a 7th is a slap in the face honestly. IMO he's worth a 4th at worst. But in no way is he worth a 2nd. Sounds like they will work something out though. They went through weeks of negotiations with the Surtain trade as well.

Well I think getting a 7th is a slap in the face honestly. IMO he's worth a 4th at worst. But in no way is he worth a 2nd. Sounds like they will work something out though. They went through weeks of negotiations with the Surtain trade as well.

I like Green, but after last season, he is now just one big hit away from retirement.

If Miami signs Carr or someone else would Green retire?

I don't think he wants to learn a new system.

If Miami signs Carr or someone else would Green retire?

I don't think he wants to learn a new system.

Probably, but theres a slim chance he restructres and comes back to KC, although I think that's highly unlikely. I'd like to see him as a coach, maybe a QB's coach for the Chiefs. Especially since I've never heard of our QB's coach before........Dick Curl :D

I am happy about this. I didn't even want him for a seventh and the vet min. This is not to say that he isn't good - but that we don't need to win now - we need to work towards the future and being that we are not a superbowl team the only thing he would do is lower us in the draft.

He's 37 years old, coming off a horrid year, and costs 7.2 against the cap. I think you may be over-valueing your guys just a little bit.

He's 37 years old, coming off a horrid year, and costs 7.2 against the cap. I think you may be over-valueing your guys just a little bit.

Not sure about that last part, but I think he's about done as well. Most QBs go to crap when they hit their late 30's and Trent's performance last season suggests that he's probably not going to be an exception. Unless he's willing to re-structure his deal, he's not worth much more than a second-day pick.

Yeah probably, and do i think he's done? most likely unless he has a terrific O-Line around him. 4th or 5th would be cool, a 7th eh guess it's better than nothing, but kinda a slap in the face to me. I will say about a month ago I said I'd take a value meal for the guy, so yeah I'm probably over valueing :D

2nd rounder is too high

7th rounder is too low

Compromise that could/should work for both teams:

6th round pick this year with a contingent 6th next year on playing time this coming season (or maybe a 5th and a contingent 7th)

2nd rounder is too high

7th rounder is too low

Compromise that could/should work for both teams:

6th round pick this year with a contingent 6th next year on playing time this coming season (or maybe a 5th and a contingent 7th)

MIA: Hey, we'll give you a 7th rounder for Green, since you're going to cut him anyhow.

KC: No way! He's a starting QB in the NFL & has had prolific seasons in the recent past. You can't have him for less than a 2nd rounder.

MIA: Well, if you're going to be that way, we'll send you a 6th rounder this year & if he doesn't go into a coma during any games this year we'll send you a 6th in 2008.

KC: OKAY, we've got a deal! aside to Herm in the backgorund: Man, did we ever just screw over MIA!