[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

John McCain's visit to Iraq

CaP'N GRuNGe

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See, the left needs iraq to be bad for their goals to be met, this is why they wish for dead iraqi babies and side with iran, they want the US to lose.

Not at all. I just don't want to keep paying for it.

Sorry Capn, but the fact that Johnson doesn't mention that you can still play poker online in Iraq demonstrates a clear bias.

Good info here.

Too bad Spain and the rest of the Republican mullahs here have made online poker illegal.

So what should McCain's punishment be for this?

Bamboo under the fingernails? Chinese water torture?

I'm thinking his poll numbers should take a dump...oh wait, they already are.

If you are an iraqi, they are getting better. If you are a presidential hopeful, there are many places you cannot go before it is 'prepped'.

Amazing tardedness you girls display.

I didn't know that H8 supported McCain. Given H8's stand on many issues, this seems like a step to the left. H8 is so mysterious.

Pelosi did not comment on Bush's remarks but went for a stroll in the Old City district of Damascus, accompanied by a sherman tank and a platoon of green berets where she mingled with Syrians in a market.

Wearing a flowered head scarf, full body armor, and a black abaya, Pelosi visited the 8th century Omayyad Mosque. She made the sign of the cross in front of an elaborate tomb which is said to contain the head of John the Baptist. About 10 percent of Syria's 18 million people are Christian.

At the nearby outdoor Bazouriyeh market, Syrians crowded around, offering her dried figs and nuts and chatting with her. She bought some coconut sweets and looked at jewelry and carpets.

typikal hypokrite

i suppose you're right. pelosi shouldn't need as much protection from terrorists because they view her as an ally.

Don't be a Dmarcass Az. You know the point is not the protection provided to either McCain or Pelosi, but the spin that the "war candidate" McCain is trying to put out there that Iraq is the new Disney World.

McCain appeared on CNN last night where he stood by his recent statement that "there are neighborhoods in Baghdad where you or I could walk through today, the U.S. is beginning to succeed in Iraq" and that General Patrias "goes out there almost every day in an unarmored Humvee."

Correspondent Michael Ware, who is in Baghdad and has been for four years, responded:

"Well, I'd certainly like to bring Sen. McCain up to speed if he ever gives me the opportunity. And if I have any difficulty hearing you right now Wolf, that's because of the helicopters circling overhead and the gun battle that is blazing away just a few blocks down the road ... to suggest that there is any neighborhood in this city where an American can walk freely is beyond ludicrous. I'd love Senator McCain to tell me where that neighborhood is and he and I can go for a stroll. And to think that General Patrias travels this city in an umarmored Humvee ... in the hour since Senator McCain has said this, I've spoken to some military sources and there was laughter down the line. The general travels in a Humvee, there are multiple Humvee's around him, heavily armed, there's attack helicopters, predator drones, sniper teams, all sorts of layers of protection. So no, Senator McCain is way off base on this one."

McCain appeared on CNN last night where he stood by his recent statement that "there are neighborhoods in Baghdad where you or I could walk through today, the U.S. is beginning to succeed in Iraq" and that General Patrias "goes out there almost every day in an unarmored Humvee."

Correspondent Michael Ware, who is in Baghdad and has been for four years, responded:

"Well, I'd certainly like to bring Sen. McCain up to speed if he ever gives me the opportunity. And if I have any difficulty hearing you right now Wolf, that's because of the helicopters circling overhead and the gun battle that is blazing away just a few blocks down the road ... to suggest that there is any neighborhood in this city where an American can walk freely is beyond ludicrous. I'd love Senator McCain to tell me where that neighborhood is and he and I can go for a stroll. And to think that General Patrias travels this city in an umarmored Humvee ... in the hour since Senator McCain has said this, I've spoken to some military sources and there was laughter down the line. The general travels in a Humvee, there are multiple Humvee's around him, heavily armed, there's attack helicopters, predator drones, sniper teams, all sorts of layers of protection. So no, Senator McCain is way off base on this one."

aw snap...

i'll believe a commie cnn reporter from australia.... :D:D:tup::doh::D:D

the yellow guys are for you private grudge, thats your language.

ok, that's a pretty stupid statement, particularly the little unarmored humvee addendum. and i agree that detracts from his larger point, that "the US is beginning to succeed in iraq"...though the larger point still has some merit.

i'll believe a commie cnn reporter from australia.... :D:D:tup::doh::D:D

the yellow guys are for you private grudge, thats your language.

Ok wiseguy, why don't book a nice vacation in a hotel in downtown Baghdad and report back to us in a couple of weeks of how you were greeted with flowers and chocolates.

Ok wiseguy, why don't book a nice vacation in a hotel in downtown Baghdad and report back to us in a couple of weeks of how you were greeted with flowers and chocolates.

u could say that about any mid east country....they all hate us!!!

ok, that's a pretty stupid statement, particularly the little unarmored humvee addendum. and i agree that detracts from his larger point, that "the US is beginning to succeed in iraq"...though the larger point still has some merit.

Maybe. I think the politicians like McCain and Bush continue to "cherry pick" the results in Iraq and point to the few areas like the north with the Kurds that are relatively quiet and safe and claim progress.

Iraq is a mess. Nobody - Democrat, Republican, Conservative, Liberal - wants to "lose" in Iraq. Problem is there is no clear definition of a "win". We're just spinning our wheels at this point trying to provide security for a government that is infiltrated with the enemy. And the enemy is part of all factions. Shia, Sunni, foreign fighters, etc.