[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Insulin

Ramhock

Looking for pointers that won't be taught in the class I will very soon attend.

I know the major majority are too young to assist :D , but I'm sure the over 50 league may have a few. :D

As of now, it will be 3 injections/day for 6 months, to bring my reading from 9.3 back to the 6.5 level, then back to a different pill. I don't mind the injections, it's just that I am inherently lazy. :doh: I have been on 1000 Glucophage for about 5 years.

Found out also today, that I will start a new job, brokering mortgages, in July. It far outweighed my coming inconvenience. :tup:

Why would you take a shot to bring your reading level from a 9.3 back to a 6.5? I would celebrate the fact that you can read better than most of America right now.

Good Luck, by the way.

• 2 months later...

Join the Huddle mortgage guys on Monday. :D

After 10 weeks of insulin, just got back from getting my bloodwork results. Before he looked, I asked the doc what he would hope to see after 10 weeks, he said 8.3, then he looked at the results and it was 6.5!! :tup:

Another 4 months, then he said I may be able to go to one shot/day. But it looks like when you go to insulin, there's no going back. Not to bad, other than the occasional bruise. :D

Doc said the difference between 9.3 & 6.5 is about 8 years of existence.

Did get rid of some meds though. Been on Lipitor (lower bad cholerterol) & Niaspan (raise good cholesterol) for about 5 years. Last 2 readings for the total have been <120. I told him that due to the diabetes, my diet has significantly changed, and I felt that I wanted to give up the Lipitor for 4 months and see what happened. I said that I didn't feel that I exercised enough to get rid of the Niaspan. He said that my plan made sense and I am going to go in this direction. I will let you know how it works out.

Edited by Ramhock