[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another trade offer...

First off it is basic IDP scoring, full dynasty league.

I was offered...

I would get...Clinton Portis, Ladell Betts and LB-Mike Peterson.

I would give...Larry Johnson

My roster is...

Harrington, Joey FA QB

Johnson, Brad DAL QB

Pennington, Chad NYJ QB

Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB

Young, Vince TEN QB

Barber, Tiki FA RB

Houston, Cedric NYJ RB

Johnson, Larry KCC RB

Jones, Julius DAL RB

Nash, Damien DEN RB

Baskett, Hank PHI WR

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Furrey, Mike DET WR

Gabriel, Doug OAK WR

Henderson, Devery NOS WR

Ward, Hines PIT WR

Daniels, Owen HOU TE

Smith, L.J. PHI TE

Hanson, Jason DET PK

Wilkins, Jeff STL PK

Adeyanju, Victor STL DE

Brown, Alex CHI DE

Hayward, Reggie JAC DE

Taylor, Jason MIA DE

Williams, Mario HOU DE

Hodge, Abdul GBP LB

Merriman, Shawne SDC LB

Pierce, Antonio NYG LB

Thomas, Adalius NEP LB

Thornton, David TEN LB

Williams, Demorrio ATL LB

Bailey, Champ DEN CB

Barber, Ronde TBB CB

Hall, Deangelo ATL CB

Rogers, Carlos WAS CB

Harper, Roman NOS S

Schweigert, Stuart OAK S

We start 1QB, 1-2RB, 2-3WR, 1-2TE, 1PK, 2-3 DL, 2-3LB, 2-3 DB

I have been the highest scoring team for the two years the league has been around. As of right now I have 37 players after the draft somtime before the start of the season I have to cut down to 35. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't see any advantage top doing this trade - and I'm down on LJ this year because of RBs who have a history of extraordinary carries performing less than stellar the following year.

By all the early indicators, Betts is going to cut into Portis' load, and he's proven that he can do so capably so far given the chance. Petrson doesn't make up your potential loss with the LBs that you have.

Bad, bad deal for you. Perhaps he's fishing for a counteroffer from you?

I would pass. You downgrade RB and get a LB and you don't need one. You'll have to turn around and trade a LB for a RB anyway.

And I don't see Betts getting traded but if he did then it would be in your favor.

First off it is basic IDP scoring, full dynasty league.

I was offered...

I would get...Clinton Portis, Ladell Betts and LB-Mike Peterson.

I would give...Larry Johnson

We start 1QB, 1-2RB, 2-3WR, 1-2TE, 1PK, 2-3 DL, 2-3LB, 2-3 DB

I have been the highest scoring team for the two years the league has been around. As of right now I have 37 players after the draft somtime before the start of the season I have to cut down to 35. Any help would be appreciated.

Okay, to start with, there is no way that I do this trade. Mike Peterson is on the wrong side of 30 and sustained season-ending injuries in October of last year, so his successor could be a part of this year's draft crop. His value in a dynasty format is dropping. And Portis and Betts combined fantasy points for 2006 in most scoring formats were less than Larry Johnson's. This trade is a good deal for one team -- and it's not yours.

Second, as far as how to cut two players out of your roster -- sadly, one of them is easy since Tiki Barber has retired. (You did know that, right?) As far as your other drop, I release QB Brad Johnson in a heartbeat. Even if Romo is injured, Brad is 38 years old with a terrible rating -- not exactly what you want in a dynasty league. These would be two of the easiest drops that I ever had to not think about.

:D SuperChiefs / John

Okay, to start with, there is no way that I do this trade. Mike Peterson is on the wrong side of 30 and sustained season-ending injuries in October of last year, so his successor could be a part of this year's draft crop. His value in a dynasty format is dropping. And Portis and Betts combined fantasy points for 2006 in most scoring formats were less than Larry Johnson's. This trade is a good deal for one team -- and it's not yours.

Second, as far as how to cut two players out of your roster -- sadly, one of them is easy since Tiki Barber has retired. (You did know that, right?) As far as your other drop, I release QB Brad Johnson in a heartbeat. Even if Romo is injured, Brad is 38 years old with a terrible rating -- not exactly what you want in a dynasty league. These would be two of the easiest drops that I ever had to not think about.

:D SuperChiefs / John

No the drops were the easy part... I will have no problem droping below the limit. I just threw that in there to give as many facts about the league as possible...

Thanks to everyone, I am off to decline the offer. I knew I didnt need the LB, I'm just unsure about LJ for the coming season. Plus if Betts were to get traded I think Betts/Portis combo would out score LJ. I dont know it has been a long off-season and LJ's 35 yard performance against INDY is still think in my mind. :D

Mark it down .... LJ is in for a "down" year. Too many carries last year. No passing threat. LJ will finish between #5 - #7 RB at the end of the year.

Although LJ will turn 28 this season, he only has 892 carries in his career. He was all KC had last year, and still managed 4.3 YPC (compared to SJAX's 4.4 YPC with a potent passing game). LJ should be able to handle 2-3 more years of usage before he declines rapidly. Not having a passing game is surely a bad thing for KC, but not for LJ owners. Just look at what Frank Gore did last year with Alex Smith at the helm.