[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

North Carolina

cliaz

I'm black dude. that's not cool, cracka.

Hey I hate the ravens just as much as you. In this area if you are a Raven fan that just means you used to be a Cowboys fan.

So kick me some knowledge on the area dude. What do you think about? Been there before?

I grew up there Cliaz and graduated from Apex High right down the road, lived in MacGregor Downs for awhile as well.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm black dude. that's not cool, cracka.

Then don't be moving to NC and screwing up the demogrpahics you nappy ho. You'd be much happier in Hampton VA.

Stop it. I moved to PA almost 4 years ago and you are making me home sick. A lot of hard working folk, just folk that seem to think it is still 1982 and Bon Jovi is still cool.

FYI Philly only counts as PA on a technicality.

the Ravens are followed by the state of MD and much of South Central PA. Balmer (that is Baltimore City in the native white trash speak) is the only problem area, the counties are very nice.

?? Last I heard, South Central PA was still mostly Eagle/Steeler country with a few Skins and/or Raven fans at most. Unless by "south" you mean "just over the MD border."

I grew up there Cliaz and graduated from Apex High right down the road, lived in MacGregor Downs for awhile as well.

We looked at real estate in Winston back in 2004 when we moved up there, but our realtor told us that your old neighborhood was going to be negatively impacted by a new beltway that will be going right through the area, so we wound up in Lewisville, right off of 421. However, the Bank moved us back to Charlotte, so we moved to Concord last summer.

CNN does an annual Best Places to Live survey and Cary came in as #5.

Cary #5

If you click on the "And the Winners are" link it will take you to a pop up window that talks more of each of the top ten and see the picture and other information. I have copied here below:

5. Cary, North Carolina

Population: 106,400

Typical single-family home: $280,000

Est. property taxes: $2,900

Pros: Great schools; good arts scene

Cons: Road crews everywhere

People come to the Research Triangle area for opportunity. They settle in Cary because they can't believe how pretty the place is. More than 30 parks and greenways dot the region, and regular arts and crafts festivals bring tens of thousands to the downtown area to browse. And, of course, there's plenty of culture in nearby Raleigh. Cary residents don't lack for jobs. Software maker SAS is based here, and about 50% of its 10,000 jobs are in the area. The city also has one of the country's lowest crime rates.

Cary statistics

Hope you find this helpful..... :D

Edited by PSULions

BTW, do you have dogs? More than two? If so, you might want to look into the fact that they apparently have a law that doesn't allow anymore than 2 dogs per household.

This place just sounds better and better. Do they have a "it's OK to shoot unleashed cats" law?

this is the one i fell in love it:

http://www.martihampton.com/listings.asp?id=924

Unless this house is on about 3-5 acres of land, it is way over priced. I'm in an expensive area of N. Raleigh and my house goes for about that with about the same square feet. No way that house is worth that in Youngsville. Anywhere in Wake County is pretty nice. New 540 loop makes getting around pretty easy these days. You'll love it once you get here.

Gotta say as a West Coast lifer- NC is the only state on the Eastern seaboard I would consider living.......

Alot of postives reasons to live there economically, and it is a beautiful state-

It is a great state and glad that I call it home. Mountains, beaches, good cities with a growing economy, plenty of things to do and a reasonable cost of living compared to most areas in the NE or the West. :D

Charlotte economy

Edited by PSULions

If we get enough people to move here, can we start up Tobacco Road BOTH again?

That would be a fun idea...... Too busy myself to re-visit our efforts, but maybe someone else can run with the torch... :D

I'm a NC lifer and it's just a great place to live and work and raise a family. I love it down on the coast and believe I'm here to stay. We NC Huddlers really should get together sometime-we can wait for the "Booger Roller" to get setteled and we will have to start a new league with a live draft. I'll get us a gig somewhere here in Wilmington and if timed right could be a beach trip for the Sig's as well.

I'm a NC lifer and it's just a great place to live and work and raise a family. I love it down on the coast and believe I'm here to stay. We NC Huddlers really should get together sometime-we can wait for the "Booger Roller" to get setteled and we will have to start a new league with a live draft. I'll get us a gig somewhere here in Wilmington and if timed right could be a beach trip for the Sig's as well.

Sounds good to me. The last time I was asked, I was in too many leagues. We could track down a neutral site and get our draft on. How many Carolina huddlers do we have anyway?

Sounds good to me. The last time I was asked, I was in too many leagues. We could track down a neutral site and get our draft on. How many Carolina huddlers do we have anyway?

I might be ready to end my hiatus from FF this fall. I'm in Durham.

• 2 weeks later...

Is cost of living still all that great? I'm now hearing from someone in Raleigh that prices (including housing) have gone up a LOT (ie more than the average or norm around the country)....he thinks it's quickly becoming the "DC of the South"

If we get enough people to move here, can we start up Tobacco Road BOTH again?

That would be a fun idea...... Too busy myself to re-visit our efforts, but maybe someone else can run with the torch... :D

Just remember, a certain Virginny won the first and only champeenship. :D

• 8 months later...
Well the wife and I spent Thursday, Friday and most of Saturday down in the beautiful state of North Carolina. More specifically Cary, N.C. It’s official. Clan Cliaz will be moving down there.

That area is way beautiful. In fact for the 1st part of the day I was walking around feeling uncomfortable and uneasy for some reason. Then it dawned on me. No trash lining the highways. Up here in my area of Maryland Cigarette butts are the state flower. Also there was nothing but white people walking around. I felt uncomfortable with that. Not used to an area like that.

The parks were gorgeous, the golf courses were insane, the streets were clean, and the shopping area beautiful, the homes were not 6,000 years old and the teenagers were respectable.

For $550k we could buy a way larger more beautiful home in a very upscale area down there instead of some crack house on a street corner like my area.

We’ve nailed 1 year to 18 months before moving.

Any updates on your move to the great state of NC? And reddogs... I think Jamestown is not too far from where I am in Concord, if you ever make it down to Concord Mills, let me know... I am meet up with you for a beer.

Edited by PSULions